Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense wasn't the issue Saturday, that was a Superbowl caliber D. Sure you can win by not allowing your opponents to score, but you can't win if you cant score and give the ball away to the other team giving them more shots to score.
Agree. Another way to prevent the other team from scoring is run the ball which was that much more frustrating about the game. Titans stopped running or at least didn’t use it to the full potential of the damage it was causing the bengals D.

100% correct. Look at Buffalo on Sunday. They have one of the best overall defense in the NFL and at the end of the day it wasn't good enough to stop KC when they absolutely needed stops.

This defense wins us a Superbowl 10 years ago, but now that the NFL is geared towards having 1,000 total yards and 80 points per game, it's safe to say that you now have to build around your offense if you want to come close to winning a SB.
Defense still wins. Buffalo needed to run the ball better.

After Foreman's big run to the 9 yard line we should have gone back to him or the run in general....the pass for the INT was ridiculous, we were considered a run team all year...Downing tried to get cute and Tannehill blew it

After Foreman's big run to the 9 yard line we should have gone back to him or the run in general....the pass for the INT was ridiculous, we were considered a run team all year...Downing tried to get cute and Tannehill blew it
Couple plays he got cute with we’re the 2 pt conversion (although I think it could have been challenged, it was close)
That WR screen, the first run attempt on the 3rd and 1.
I’d have to watch through again, im sure there’s more.

Couple plays he got cute with we’re the 2 pt conversion (although I think it could have been challenged, it was close)
That WR screen, the first run attempt on the 3rd and 1.
I’d have to watch through again, im sure there’s more.

You're a better man than me if you can rewatch that game. We did everything possible to hand that game to the Bengals on a platter.

I can’t re watch this sh** show ever! 2022 offseason plans are for a vacation, get some work done, enjoy summer then back to football. Oh wait we are talking about the team lol ….. they should draft good players, make some FA moves and for F**** sake get their act together! We can’t keep going through heartbreak every year.

I can’t re watch this sh** show ever! 2022 offseason plans are for a vacation, get some work done, enjoy summer then back to football. Oh wait we are talking about the team lol ….. they should draft good players, make some FA moves and for F**** sake get their act together! We can’t keep going through heartbreak every year.

I would not have otherwise said it because we are in win-now mode, but I am starting to warm up to the idea of drafting a Qb in the 1st.
IMO, the window is open 1-2 more years. I see too many needs to use a first round pick on a QB who doesn’t see the field in 2022.

Remember, Julio means no second rounder next draft.

IMO, the window is open 1-2 more years. I see too many needs to use a first round pick on a QB who doesn’t see the field in 2022.

Remember, Julio means no second rounder next draft.
Plus, from what I understand it’s a really weak QB class this year anyway. Chances of landing a rookie QB who can push, or replace Tanny would be slim to none.

All we need to do is spend a first round pick on a guy who will probably flame out anyway.

Don't really disagree with anything other than your FA choices. If we go get a TE, that poor dude is going to get trashed on here every day. It'd cost $8-12 mil for 30 catches and 300 yards that we can find off the street. And the last thing we need is an injury prone WR.

We can draft both of those things.
We need a legit TE pretty real bad.

1. Resign Landry
2. Find an oc that can utilize our talent better. Tanne needs to use his legs more. Rely less on henry, less first down runs leading to third and long putting tanne in awful spots. More play action, rpos, movement, creativity. Downing is stuck in the stone ages and it's making everyone on offense look significantly worse than they are.
3. Trim some fat at inside backer. Evans likely gone, Cunningham probably gone. Roll with long and brown and rice unless Cunningham wants to restructure
4. Cut Jackrabbit he's cooked.
5. Get a reliable te
6. Find a legitimate spell to henry, foreman if the price is right.

Main things that come to mind for me

1. Resign Landry
2. Find an oc that can utilize our talent better. Tanne needs to use his legs more. Rely less on henry, less first down runs leading to third and long putting tanne in awful spots. More play action, rpos, movement, creativity. Downing is stuck in the stone ages and it's making everyone on offense look significantly worse than they are.
3. Trim some fat at inside backer. Evans likely gone, Cunningham probably gone. Roll with long and brown and rice unless Cunningham wants to restructure
4. Cut Jackrabbit he's cooked.
5. Get a reliable te
6. Find a legitimate spell to henry, foreman if the price is right.

Main things that come to mind for me

Got to totally disagree with your Cunningham take...I will be shocked if we let him go....we freaking got a tackling machine LBer under contract who has no guaranteed money left under his contract with us....that is amazing...I'm pretty sure we will go one the cheap for our other LBers.....Long, Cunningham and Rice will be our main 3 guys....if Brown wants to sign a team friendly deal then I'd love to have him......Evans is gone...you don't have him as a healthy scratch for the playoff game and have him in your plans for next yr

I could actually see Cunningham getting some snaps as an edge rusher in obvious passing situations.....his long arms are like Elvis Dummerville's who was great at getting the strip sack

Agreed Cunningham is not going anywhere. He is an ideal restructure candidate as they can convert his salary to a bonus that will reduce his cap hit.

Brown and Evans will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back