Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown was a great cover LB. We will miss that about him.
I think with the emergence of Hooker absolutely locking down TE all year, we may not miss him that much.

Did he cover RB well? I know screens but the team a few times but I can’t really recall too many check down or RB routes that burned the D like Ekeler did last year.

Got to totally disagree with your Cunningham take...I will be shocked if we let him go....we freaking got a tackling machine LBer under contract who has no guaranteed money left under his contract with us....that is amazing...I'm pretty sure we will go one the cheap for our other LBers.....Long, Cunningham and Rice will be our main 3 guys....if Brown wants to sign a team friendly deal then I'd love to have him......Evans is gone...you don't have him as a healthy scratch for the playoff game and have him in your plans for next yr

I could actually see Cunningham getting some snaps as an edge rusher in obvious passing situations.....his long arms are like Elvis Dummerville's who was great at getting the strip sack
If he restructures sure I could see him sticking around. But no way we are keeping a run stopper around for 11 mill a year. He might still be gone either way. More important to have someone to cover.

We definitely still need some help in the secondary. Hopefully Farley will workout for us next year. But for as dominant as our pass rush was this year, we still gave up WAY too many big plays.

Like the way Burrow was easily able to get that quick 19 yard connection with only 20seconds left to get them into FG range. Too easy. I think our pass defense was what 27-28th?

And we should have gotten a lot more turn overs too. A dominate pass rush usually leads to stripe sacks, fumbles and INTs. We barely had any. I think that’s what Vrabel was referring to when he said maybe we got too many sacks, that what we needed was more turnovers.

Plus, from what I understand it’s a really weak QB class this year anyway. Chances of landing a rookie QB who can push, or replace Tanny would be slim to none.
That’s probably what teams thought when they passed on Brady who we know was the 199th player selected in the sixth round. You just don’t know, nobody really knows.

That’s probably what teams thought when they passed on Brady who we know was the 199th player selected in the sixth round. You just don’t know, nobody really knows.
True, but that’s like winning the lottery. We can spend some draft capital in the mid rounds I guess and take a shot but that guy will probably be a project and a low probability of ever being anything more than a backup. We already don’t have a 2nd round pick this year. To spend a 3rd on a bench rider too might not be beneficial.

But like you said, you never know. I think Russel Wilson was a 3rd round pick if I remember correctly. Seahawks had just paid Flynn big money and Wilson elbowed him out of the way immediately.

Go get a crazy looking TE with tattoos and a missing tooth that will be the next Jeremy Shockey. This team lacks some nastiness.

Looking at Spotrac we are now projected to be 230k over the cap, not sure how we went from $10.6Mil under to 230k over. Makes things a little more difficult.

There are also alot of good options in the draft for a TE too, i think i rather go that route

who are the good options in the draft??? In quickly looking at draft big boards most only have 2 TEs listed in the top 100

I certainly would prefer going draft for cap reasons….I wonder if their is a young FA that has been stuck behind a solid starter who might be a break out type of guy for us ….similar to Delanie Walker

yeah.... I have more issues with those 5 yard hooks on third and 7 than I do T17s accuracy
Never understood those! Pops and I watching a game (he’s no Titan), and we both say what the fuck was that… need 8 and throw 3…! I actually Ubered over at halftime for our playoff, Pops had turned the game off. Asked him wtf, he just said “shitty tackling, ain’t worth watching.” I said “we just tied up Pops, I’m drunk, bring the pain!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back