Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re now projected $6.6Mil over the cap in 2022 according to Spotrac. Don’t understand it.
We are top heavy on Defense after last off-season. Now He's going to have to cut the Defense some to try and balance out the cap. We won't be going after any free agents unless they are bargain bin buys.

We’re now projected $6.6Mil over the cap in 2022 according to Spotrac. Don’t understand it.
Cutting Lamm, Cunningham and Jackrabbit gets us around 14 mill in space. Then hopefully we can take a page out of New Orleans book and restructure a bunch of guys.

Cutting Lamm, Cunningham and Jackrabbit gets us around 14 mill in space. Then hopefully we can take a page out of New Orleans book and restructure a bunch of guys.
Nah I think they restructure Cunningham’s contract, on Over the Cap you can restructure contracts doing so with Cunningham it brings his cap hit down to $4.1mil. We do that and cut Lamm, Jenkins, and Saffold gives us $20.2Mil in cap space. I’m sure we’ll restructure more guys also.

Lewan needs to restructure or he should be gone! Jack rabbitt should be replaced Farley. We need to find a way to resign Landry and I think Tanney should have his salary trimmed. Would like to see Foreman resigned and not take an offensive lineman ever again in the first round.

Find upgrade at K, do not trust Fat Randy.

Cunningham was a gift and a real keeper at reasonable rate and he would restructure he loves it here! Simmons and Brown are coming up but we got another year

Cunningham added a 10.5 million cap hit.

In addition, the Titans are now starting to feel the effects of some of the restructures they have done. Most notably, Tannehill's from last season in order to accommodate Julio Jones. People need to realize that restructuring only pushes the can down the road and does not amount to a salary cut.

Hey Langster, did you not read that the CBA has limits on how much the cap can go up and this year it went up the maximum amount? Or are you questioning that regardless of that increase we are still over the cap? Just curious.

Maybe Robinson doesn't watch the games, I'm guessing. Because Julio was in no groove at all this year. Expect another non existent season next season too.

The things we could've done with that second round pick this coming draft.
You are wrong there. Julio had a significant groove worn on the bench. Kinda heart-shaped.

Agreed Cunningham is not going anywhere. He is an ideal restructure candidate as they can convert his salary to a bonus that will reduce his cap hit.

Brown and Evans will be gone.

Brown is actually under contract for next season according to every salary cap website. I’m not sure if there was some kind of injury guarantee or what but he shows up on the Titans salaried players for 2022 season.

Plus, from what I understand it’s a really weak QB class this year anyway. Chances of landing a rookie QB who can push, or replace Tanny would be slim to none.

All we need to do is spend a first round pick on a guy who will probably flame out anyway.

Guru’s are wrong all the time. It was a weak QB class the year Watson and Mahomes were drafted too.

who are the good options in the draft??? In quickly looking at draft big boards most only have 2 TEs listed in the top 100

I certainly would prefer going draft for cap reasons….I wonder if their is a young FA that has been stuck behind a solid starter who might be a break out type of guy for us ….similar to Delanie Walker

Jalen Weydemeyer from Texas A&M. He is used to a pro style offense (blocking in the run game) and is a reliable red zone threat.

He was inconsistent this year but A&M’s QB play was pretty bad. He was really good with Kellen Mond last 2 years.

Maybe Robinson doesn't watch the games, I'm guessing. Because Julio was in no groove at all this year. Expect another non existent season next season too.

The things we could've done with that second round pick this coming draft.
Yeah we could have reached for more OL depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back