Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: You talking about Francione? Actually, Mike Shula replaced Mike Price (who never coached an actual game for Bama) who replaced Dennis Francione (who left for Texas A&M). Yeah, there are the times between National Championships. The next guy hired will not be “the greatest coach in the history of college football.” Alabama won’t be dominant for a little while. I’m prepared.

Dennis Franchione, left Alabama for Texas A&M

Have you only been an Alabama fan for 15 years :p

More than 2 great Alabama coaches too, at least 3, maybe 4. Guessing you forgot Frank Thomas and Wallace Wade :)
Okay. I’ve been alive for 47 years and been an Alabama fan (or some semblance) for 47 years. My point was, Bear Bryant and Nick Saban are considered the greatest college football coaches ever. (Wallace Wade and Thomas were way before my time and aren’t in the consideration anyway.). I’ve been a fan through the retirement of Two GOATs and know it will be rough for a while. We just hired Mike Dubose version 2.0, so have fun while it lasts!

Kalen Deboer to Alabama. Stunning move there. Guess he knew losing Penix and Rome would put Washington back to mediocrity.

His recruiting classes were bad. Most of his key players were leftovers from the Peterson era, very senior heavy group.

Even in the portal he didn't get outside QB and RB.

He's also one of those coaches who brings the same staff with him, "his guys." Doesn't like outsiders.

I’ll give him 3 years

He's always been a darling wherever he goes. He will be eaten alive in the SEC

Okay. I’ve been alive for 47 years and been an Alabama fan (or some semblance) for 47 years. My point was, Bear Bryant and Nick Saban are considered the greatest college football coaches ever. (Wallace Wade and Thomas were way before my time and aren’t in the consideration anyway.). I’ve been a fan through the retirement of Two GOATs and know it will be rough for a while. We just hired Mike Dubose version 2.0, so have fun while it lasts!

Because they made some great hires after Mike Dubose ;)

Yes. It took a while. It will take a while again. For those of us who have been fans for 40+ years, this part of the process is also fun.

Hopefully Deboer steps up his recruiting game

Look on the bright side though, he is an offensive coaching genius with a brilliant offensive scheme. Guys like that always do well. He's gonna show all those SEC guys a thing or two...

In all seriousness I hope I'm wrong about him

I think the hire was way too premature. Should've given it a little more time before making such a massive investment to a historic team such as Alabama.

Me personally they should have done any and everything to lure Dan Lanning away from Oregon. Lanning is truly THAT DUDE and belongs in the SEC.

I’m can’t even keep up with college FB with all the porting, it’s worse than free agency
Glad they can make dat money now but dang.

I think the hire was way too premature. Should've given it a little more time before making such a massive investment to a historic team such as Alabama.

Me personally they should have done any and everything to lure Dan Lanning away from Oregon. Lanning is truly THAT DUDE and belongs in the SEC.

Part of what makes him that dude is that he's smart enough not to follow the biggest legend ever and knows he's got a good thing going. And soon Oregon will that big 10 money and exposure rolling in.

And he lives somewhere nice where fans aren't aßholes

I’m can’t even keep up with college FB with all the porting, it’s worse than free agency
Glad they can make dat money now but dang.

Make that money and are not locked into a team, to be owned by the coaches. This is great as coaches who make false promises will get burned now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back