Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
It's week 6 of the college football season, which means roughly half the season has come and gone. We've gotten to see a good bit of the 2023 draft prospects. Lots of needs on this team, but none more so than LT, imo. Unfortunately, it seems like a rather weak class for OT. That probably leaves us looking at WR/CB/LB/DL in the 1st (though I would prefer QB in a loaded class).

Who are some of your favorite prospects so far? What positions are you looking at most?

I'd say tackle, ilb, and cb. But we have tried to address these needs already in the draft and failed. Depending on what happens with the rest of our season, i think we should maybe take BPA

I don't necessarily have a specific player in mind but I really hope we focus heavily on pass rushers in this class. We need to invest in our front 4 to make this unit elite.

In all likelihood we are going to draft OT

We NEED OT but it's a bad year for OTs. And it's crazy how that always happens to us. We needed WR in 2017 and Corey Davis was the top WR. I haven't looked at the guards much. Any studs at guard or center?

There will be some good WRs and we need one with speed, but JRob will probably take the biggest one, that's the best blocker and has high character.

We NEED OT but it's a bad year for OTs. And it's crazy how that always happens to us. We needed WR in 2017 and Corey Davis was the top WR. I haven't looked at the guards much. Any studs at guard or center?

There will be some good WRs and we need one with speed, but JRob will probably take the biggest one, that's the best blocker and has high character.
Coming off two torn ACL's and back surgery

OT is a big need. The class is loaded with QB's. Take a QB in the first? Cut tannehill and lewan. Draft OT in the 2nd? Have rookie and Willis battle for the top spot? Idk, all I see are needs and very little money.

OT is a big need. The class is loaded with QB's. Take a QB in the first? Cut tannehill and lewan. Draft OT in the 2nd? Have rookie and Willis battle for the top spot? Idk, all I see are needs and very little money.

Could have lots of money depending on what we are willing to do. My plan would be to trade Tanne for whatever we can get. Problem is, you'd have to wait til after June 1 to trade him and get the most of the cap flexibility. Cut Lewan. Cut Woods. Make Dupree your 1 cut for post-June 1 designation.

All that together could create around 50 million in cap space. I don't see us moving on from Tanne, but that would be my plan.

until willis actually does something moving on from T17, the best QB not named McNair in Titans history, would be disruptive at best and colossally stupid most likely.

until willis actually does something moving on from T17, the best QB not named McNair in Titans history, would be disruptive at best and colossally stupid most likely.
So how would we know what Willis can do or how is he to show what he can do if he's not given the chance?
We're not losing because of Tannehill but he's not the reason we are winning either

Riding with T17 just delays the inevitable rebuild and keeps us picking in the late teens/early 20's for another 2-3 years. I'm not sold on Willis by any means. But RT surely ain't the answer.

you one of those that think if you dont have mahomes you cant win.... only 1 team gets a mahomes/gayton/brady/rogers... all the others play anyhow and win despite not having mahomes/gaton/brady/rogers

Nobody wants to watch 3-13 loser ball waiting for one of the greats to land on the roster. BTW how many rings does all the current media darlings have... lawrence/jackson/murray/burrow have? same as me amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back