Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you bid on a player when you have an opportunity to draft for? Honestly didn't think there were bidding wars for UDFA.
Interestingly enough, this draft profile of him stated someone may draft him in the sixth or seventh to avoid a bidding war for his services. They knew it was going down before it went down.

Steven Jones Jr. NFL Draft 2023: Scouting Report for Appalachian State CB

“Teams could take a late Day 3 flier on Jones just so they don't have to get into a bidding war with other teams in free agency.”

Here is a list of our undrafted free agents & stats

DB Tyreque Jones, Boise State
2022 Season: 34 TOT, 1 Int, 4.5 TFL

S/LB Maxwell Worship, Vanderbilt
2022 Season: 49 TOT, 1 TFL, 2 Ints on his career

LB Matthew Jackson, Eastern Kentucky
2022 Season: 87 TOT, 7.5 TFL, 2 sacks
3 year starter

WR Tre'Shaun Harrison, Oregon State
2022 Season: 12 games starts, 52 Rec, 604 YDS, 4 TDs

DL Shakel Brown, Troy
2022 Season: 32 TOT, 6 TFL, 4 Sacks in 13 games

OLB Thomas Rush, Minnesota
2022 Season: 34 TOT, 2.5 TFL, 1.5 Sacks in 13 games

WR Kearis Jackson, Georgia
2022: Season: 21 REC, 320 YDS, 1100 YDS in his career

K Trey Wolff, Texas Tech
2022 Season: 41-42 XPM, 21-25 XPM

WR Jacob Copeland, Maryland
2022 Season: 26 REC, 376 YDS, 2 TDS, 1,742 YDS for his 4 year career

OT John Ojukwu, Boise State
Height 6’6, weight 309, 5x Academic All-Mountain West, 2x All-Mountain West First Team

EDGE Caleb Murphy, Ferris State
2022 Season: 93 TOT, 25 SACKS, 3 FFUM, in 15 GAMES

EDGE TK McClendon, Eastern Kentucky
2022 Season: 58 TOT, 11.5 TFL, 6 SACKS,

CB Steven Jones Jr., Appalachian State
2022 Season: 45 TOT, 4.5 TFL, 1 SACK, 6 INTs in 3 years

RB Charles McClelland, Cincinnati
2022 Season: 146 ATT, 849 YDS, 7 TDS, 14 REC, 116 YDS, 1,639 YDS and 12 TDS on 268 ATT over 42 games.

Why would you bid on a player when you have an opportunity to draft for? Honestly didn't think there were bidding wars for UDFA.
Kind of like having extra picks, I guess. Throw out a couple hundred k for guys that you think were good enough to be drafted but you didn't have the picks for.

According to some quick research, even Mr Irrelevant, the last pick in the draft gets a contract of around 4mil. I'm guessing with UDFAs the min salary of 750k comes in to play. So much cheaper NOT to draft a player.

Kind of like having extra picks, I guess. Throw out a couple hundred k for guys that you think were good enough to be drafted but you didn't have the picks for.

According to some quick research, even Mr Irrelevant, the last pick in the draft gets a contract of around 4mil. I'm guessing with UDFAs the min salary of 750k comes in to play. So much cheaper NOT to draft a player.
The only thing guaranteed is the signing bonus of like 40k…. Late rnd picks get cut all the time… so instead of paying an UDFA a 125k guaranteed signing bonus we should have drafted him in the 7th rnd

The only thing guaranteed is the signing bonus of like 40k…. Late rnd picks get cut all the time… so instead of paying an UDFA a 125k guaranteed signing bonus we should have drafted him in the 7th rnd
125k to NFL teams is like throwing a penny in a wishing well... Calm down.

sure... till you cant field a full team cause there is no CAP to sign a street FA

From my understanding, teams have to have a rookie pool budgeted for signing rookies. Bonus/guarantees of up to 200k are used to entice top UDFAs to sign. Cap hit will still be the same if the player makes the team.

when levis makes a mistake remember that Titans signed a street FA because mw7 was just that bad
It really was shocking just how bad MW7 looked. I’m hoping for everyone that he was pushed in too soon and expected to do too much with such a crappy OL and OC.

It would be awesome if he showed great improvement in TC and Levi’s looked hood also. We’d be set with at QB1 and QB2 for years after RT17. And we’d be able to spend some cap on FAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back