Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

So how come all this players are getting sign before the FA period starts.

Can someone give me a quick explanation?

I asked the same thing.
The only thing I can think of is that certain players were released vice their contract running out.
A team can resign or extent their own players, pretty much at any time.

If a player is cut, normally they go though waivers, but essentially they become FAs right away. No need to wait for their contracts expire and official free agency to begin. That's who's being signed now.

I don't think waivers are on during this time of the offseason, plus veterans over a certain tenure skip waivers anyway. I think they turn back on after the draft.

Really like this signing. Now hopefully we bring in someone else to pair with him. Gardner Johnson has worked with Dennard Wilson in the past. I hope we bring him in as CB2.
I don't think we have him yet. Just means we'll go after him.

Edit:
I imagine he's a cheap flyer. Apparently had a herniated disk and the back issues kept him out of games. It's fine to sign him, but it better not be big money and to be the solution to our need. He gave up a 113.5 passer rating on 63.2% completions. Both are career worsts.

We already have a crappy CB with back issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edit:
I imagine he's a cheap flyer. Apparently had a herniated disk and the back issues kept him out of games. It's fine to sign him, but it better not be big money and to be the solution to our need. He gave up a 113.5 passer rating on 63.2% completions. Both are career worsts.

Back issues? He will fit in well here

Edit:

Yes sorry, I'm not really sure why I typed it out like that. I know we didn't sign him. He was one of the better corners in the league ACL injury. We know that takes about a year of play to get back to where you were before. I think that is what we are banking on.

Latest posts

Back