Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch college ball much..but accord to the stats they showed during the draft, this guy and Alt both only gave up 2 sacks and this guy played like 12 more games...
But I'd have to check pinky finger measurements to see how well he'd do at a different position.
finger width cannot be overcame... it defines a player

So you’re not a fan of Ski either?

hard to argue he was a “project”, same with Latham, if they were considered top OL picks.

I like Pete a lot. I loved him as a LT prospect. He seemed like he had the ability to play guard. But wasn't guard. So he was indeed a project.

Latham likewise is a RT. We have no idea if he can handle LT. If the plan is to play him at LT, then he will be project as well.

Here's a novel idea. Draft players that actually have experience playing the position you are drafting them for.

I like Pete a lo5l. I loved him as a LT prospect. He seemed like he had the ability to play guard. But wasn't guard. So he was indeed a project.

Latham likewise is a RT. We have no idea if he can handle LT. If the plan is to play him at LT, then he will be project as well.

Here's a novel idea. Draft players that actually have experience playing the position you are drafting them for.

Absolutely everyone who actually played in the NFL that I have heard says switching sides is nowhere near as big a deal as the media likes to make it.

Frankly, if Latham fails on the left, he likely would have failed on the right too.

Dude has massive upside, and one of the best o line coaches in league history. I suspect he'll be adequate at worst.

I like Pete a lot. I loved him as a LT prospect. He seemed like he had the ability to play guard. But wasn't guard. So he was indeed a project.

No argument for that strategy.

I’ll give the Callahan’s benefit of the doubt that when they say Latham was their guy and he’s going to be LT, I’ve got some faith.

Never said that, Mr. Strawman. Guards are a dime a dozen, and they aren’t nearly as crucial as other positions on the team.
My point has nothing to do with position. If the team gets a guy that can play, who cares if they were taken in the first or if they were even a G in the first.
Titans have next to a zero success rate with first round picks over the last 5-10 years sans Simmons.
Glad to pick a guy that actually looks like a contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back