Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Well, we watched DHop get 1k with all those same issues, so yeah, he has squandered his opportunities. Even NWI has shown more than Burks with the same issues and not being a 1st round pick with all the advantages coming with that.

Who else got 1k? Who else got close? Who was the OC? Was that a great offense we were running last season or the season before? Who was the QB?

Y’all keep hyping NWI and blasting Burks when NWI only had 150 yards more on the season than Burks. Burks had 3 less games. The truth is neither has been that good. NWI made some catches for the highlight reel for big first downs or whatever. Burks wasn’t used properly in an offense that stunk. He will get his chance now. They are both depth at this point. That’s all NWI will ever be. Burks has a higher upside.

The reality is that some of y’all will always judge Burks against AJ Brown. His stats, his numbers. This is Burks vs AJ. It’s not a fair comparison. The trade was silly, the pick was silly. But none of that is Burks fault. He was put in a bad situation, not one to succeed in. It wasn’t a passing offense. It was just a bad deal for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who else got 1k? Who else got close? Who was the OC? Was that a great offense we were running last season or the season before? Who was the QB?

Y’all keep hyping NWI and blasting Burks when NWI only had 150 yards more on the season than Burks. Burks had 3 less games. The truth is neither has been that good. NWI made some catches for the highlight reel for big first downs or whatever. Burks wasn’t used properly in an offense that stunk. He will get his chance now. They are both depth at this point. That’s all NWI will ever be. Burks has a higher upside.

The reality is that some of y’all will always judge Burks against AJ Brown. His stats, his numbers. This is Burks vs AJ. It’s not a fair comparison. The trade was silly, the pick was silly. But none of that is Burks fault. He was put in a bad situation, not one to succeed in. It wasn’t a passing offense. It was just a bad deal for him.
The sad thing is, I am not hyping NWI in any way which really says it all. I am not comparing him to AJ in any way at all. I am comparing him to NWI.

The sad thing is, I am not hyping NWI in any way which really says it all. I am not comparing him to AJ in any way at all. I am comparing him to NWI.

It’s a sub conscious thing. It’s there whether you admit it or not. Burks has been bad. No doubt. Not worth the 18th pick. But he wasn’t put in a good situation.

I have no reason to compare him to Brown and never did.
I’m the minority around here that was perfectly fine getting rid of Brown and still don’t change my mind on that.
So my comparison if I had to is, Burks cries, whines, b**ches and moans a lot less.
So Burks > Brown.

On the field, it’s currently a legit comparison between Burks and NWI and as of now, NWI > Burks.

I'm glad you came to terms that Tim Kelly was awful. You were hardcore hyping him up and defending him before the season like you're doing Burks right now.

You'll be in the minority, once again during and after the season.

You'd make a great Defense Attorney, that's for sure.

I have no reason to compare him to Brown and never did.
I’m the minority around here that was perfectly fine getting rid of Brown and still don’t change my mind on that.
So my comparison if I had to is, Burks cries, whines, b**ches and moans a lot less.
So Burks > Brown.

On the field, it’s currently a legit comparison between Burks and NWI and as of now, NWI > Burks.
Yep I was fine with getting rid of him as well. 20+ mil for a WR in the Vrabel inept offense was a waste of money. He would not have the same numbers he put up for Eagles here.

Burks hasn't lived up to expectations or his draft position...he's going into his 3rd year with a new OC, HC and offensive philosophy, it's a make or break year for sure but he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I'm waiting to see what he does this year. If he doesn't impress then I have no problem with the get rid of him approach. The thing is he's on a cheap deal so really no point getting rid of him right now.

Burks hasn't lived up to expectations or his draft position...he's going into his 3rd year with a new OC, HC and offensive philosophy, it's a make or break year for sure but he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I'm waiting to see what he does this year. If he doesn't impress then I have no problem with the get rid of him approach. The thing is he's on a cheap deal so really no point getting rid of him right now.

This exactly this.

you understand Wheezy playing in 3 less games is not a good thing right

you understand Wheezy playing in 3 less games is not a good thing right

I absolutely do. Its my main issue with him. Not being available is a HUGE issue. But he has talent and he is only 24.

what Ontario said.. Nothing else needs to be said. He should get one more year. Release him now he goes to the Chiefs or Bills or god forbid the Texans and becomes an All Pro. I'm not about that. He deserves a shot in a passing offense. Derrick Henry, who I loved, screwed some of you up.

https://x.com/tdavenport_nfl/status/1788608779329630270?s=46&t=KE9TUtOWxF4r3K8URtqGIw

At this point I don’t think it’s coach speak. We’re keeping Burks, as we should. Not sure how they are tracking this, but pretty impressive. At the bare minimum, Burks is motivated. Now the question is, as the 7th passing option to start the season, will he have enough opportunities? He better ball out in practice and preseason for his own good.

https://x.com/tdavenport_nfl/status/1788608779329630270?s=46&t=KE9TUtOWxF4r3K8URtqGIw

At this point I don’t think it’s coach speak. We’re keeping Burks, as we should. Not sure how they are tracking this, but pretty impressive. At the bare minimum, Burks is motivated. Now the question is, as the 7th passing option to start the season, will he have enough opportunities? He better ball out in practice and preseason for his own good.
Wow, he ran in practice? What a beast!

100% he shows up for TC 20 pounds heavy .... like every TC so far

100% he shows up for TC 20 pounds heavy .... like every TC so far
Not if he's hitting 22mps in practice (assuming that's accurate). Only THill hit that speed last year. My guess is he probably hit 21.somthing and they're rounding up. Still, the man appears to be trying and in decent condition. We'll see if that actually amounts to anything.

Latest posts

Back