Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess yards per play, along with passing yards could/should/would be statistically high, considering they don't run the ball at all.

#2 in points per game is impressive though.

Their offense didn't do much against the Colts, Ravens and now the Chiefs in the playoffs.
Don't you want the most yards as efficiently as possible though? Lol

Colts are a top 10 D. Ravens top 5 D. Also did better than we did against the ravens D and no one was surprised art got a hc job.

What else do you need to see from an oc to warrant praise?

Most his success seems to be tied to Andrew Luck and now for one season to Justin Herbert. Correlation or coincidence?

Any one know why he was fired by the Colts in 2015? I assumed it was when they fired Chuck Pagano, but Chuck was let go after 2017.

Another observation is that he replaced Bruce Arians as OC. They didn't coach together, which I would of considered a plus.

I can’t imagine an OC candidate would want Pittsburgh and their aging QB over the Titans and their overall arsenal. But who knows. If Pep picks Pittsburgh, all the Vrabel is an egomaniac posters will swarm like bees.
No, I can see the enticement of Pitt over Tenn. You get to learn under Mike Tomlin and go to a team with an elite D. The O will be your playground. You have plenty of great young talent, a savvy vet QB for a year or two, and you can still bring in your "own guy" to replace him. Not to mention you get to coach for a traditionally historic franchise. If money is equal, Pitt ain't a bad gig.

The
Most his success seems to be tied to Andrew Luck and now for one season to Justin Herbert. Correlation or coincidence?

Any one know why he was fired by the Colts in 2015? I assumed it was when they fired Chuck Pagano, but Chuck was let go after 2017.

Another observation is that he replaced Bruce Arians as OC. They didn't coach together, which I would of considered a plus.
The Colts fired him after game 8. They finished 8-8 that year, but Pep was a scapegoat because Luck only played 7 games that season.

No, I can see the enticement of Pitt over Tenn. You get to learn under Mike Tomlin and go to a team with an elite D. The O will be your playground. You have plenty of great young talent, a savvy vet QB for a year or two, and you can still bring in your "own guy" to replace him. Not to mention you get to coach for a traditionally historic franchise. If money is equal, Pitt ain't a bad gig.
Yeah, not seeing it that way. Ben is clearly diminished and who knows who will replace him. The OC there won’t get to pick “his” guy. The GM will make that call. I would take Henry and a solid Tannehill every time.

The

The Colts fired him after game 8. They finished 8-8 that year, but Pep was a scapegoat because Luck only played 7 games that season.
Did he coach in the 7 games Luck did play?? Even still, you'd hope to see a coach evolve the rest of the players on the team. Back to my question, correlation or coincidence?

He did couch under Harbaugh for a couple seasons and one under David Shaw. That's a plus.

Did he coach in the 7 games Luck did play?? Even still, you'd hope to see a coach evolve the rest of the players on the team. Back to my question, correlation or coincidence?

He did couch under Harbaugh for a couple seasons and one under David Shaw. That's a plus.
No way to know, but I think most people were surprised at how well Herbert played. Also, easy to say “evolve” the rest of the team when you probably have little say in roster development. Most teams would decline when losing their QB. And since he never got those last 8 games, we don’t know what he would have done with them. I say this being Luke warm on Pep, but hotter on him than Downing, who was an OC for 2 years with one good one and one very bad one.

I think the Texans are also waiting on Bienemy too as Watson said that was hires preferred hire. Pushing Kelly further down the line...
Oh true forgot about Bieniemy, I still think Watson gets traded...Texans need picks back because of BOB lol

NYJ seems to be the rumor of the day

Oh true forgot about Bieniemy, I still think Watson gets traded...Texans need picks back because of BOB lol

NYJ seems to be the rumor of the day

Yeah Watson is not coming back to the Texans. Houston might as well get as many prime picks for Watson and just start over. BOB murdered that franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back