Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to a podcast talking about the Chargers. Of course they hired the Rams DC as their new coach and he replaced Wade Phillips. They were talking about how all these old heads like Wade Phillips build their defense to stopping the run and being gap sound and having numbers to filling gaps, even though the league is such a heavy passing offense. And the game has passed that train of thought by and they constantly get gashed unless they have superior talent.
The Baltimore wasn't the first game it was a problem, but 220 yards on the ground shows me that this D can use some of that "old school" ideology of sound run stopping.

The Baltimore wasn't the first game it was a problem, but 220 yards on the ground shows me that this D can use some of that "old school" ideology of sound run stopping.

It’s not an ideology.... it’s lack of talent. You don’t just hire a DC and throw anyone out there and it works. The Titans defensive fixes didn’t work out this season. Clowney in his career has been a fierce run stopper. It didn’t work. The Titans simply didn’t have the horses on the DL and that had a negative impact on the entire defense, However, they weren’t horrible stopping the run. They were middle of the pack. You cant use the Ravens has an example, with a RB at QB they are going to get more yards.

It’s not an ideology.... it’s lack of talent. You don’t just hire a DC and throw anyone out there and it works. The Titans defensive fixes didn’t work out this season. Clowney in his career has been a fierce run stopper. It didn’t work. The Titans simply didn’t have the horses on the DL and that had a negative impact on the entire defense, However, they weren’t horrible stopping the run. They were middle of the pack. You cant use the Ravens has an example, with a RB at QB they are going to get more yards.
They had issues with personnel and coaching. Both need to be addressed this off-season. Actually, make that successfully addressed.

We lost like two people from last years defense to this one. Ryan and Casey. The DC was the biggest problem by far.
Well, you have to figure 3 really because Adoree was a no show for almost the entire season and was clearly not ready when he came back. BUT... largely the same personnel and I agree falls on Bowen’s shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back