Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wade Phillips has kicked rear-end where he has stopped. I like him and he has a strong track record. Not sure they go with a guy who retired again.
I think the MCM still haunts him too lol

Personally I'd rather go with a young guy and get some continuity

Coombs would be a good hire too
Patricia was a good DC, not a good HC.. I think he tried to put the Patriots Way on the Lions too quickly...wouldn't be an issue under Vrabel

Worries me we have done nothing other than reach out to Elliott
Patricia was a good DC under Belichick. Not sure he could prove to be without him. He may well be a product of the Patriot system and no good on his own. Time will tell. I do think if Vrabel had any interest in him we would have already heard something about him like we did with Austin.

We are all ready for updates on coordinators though. Hard to watch guys moving around and we have not made our move yet. Or at least not made a successful move, coulda been turned down a time or two for all we know.

We are all ready for updates on coordinators though. Hard to watch guys moving around and we have not made our move yet. Or at least not made a successful move, coulda been turned down a time or two for all we know.
Just seems like they’re going to promote someone from the current staff. I hope I’m wrong though

And that's what I wonder about. We all know he is a players coach but how is his chemistry with assistants? This slow search us the Titans way i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that's what I wonder about. We all know he us a players coach but how is his chemistry with assistants? This slow search us the Titans way i guess.
It seems like the Titans don’t get in a hurry very often. When they make a mistake it’s a well thought out mistake...

Honest question, are there any successful Belichick disciples??? ...Nick Saban?!

I don't count Vrabel since he didn't coach for him.

My guess is we wind up with Shane Bowen and Todd Downing. If so, then personnel needs to take a sharp uptick. I would can Midget and Haslett since their groups were really bad. But, I doubt that happens either. This is a big off season for both JR and Vrabel. If we backslide to 9-7 or worse, then changes should be made for 2022.

I think the MCM still haunts him too lol

Personally I'd rather go with a young guy and get some continuity
I was gonna comment on this as well.

While I think Phillips, even as old as he is, would be a good hire, I'm curious if he still has ill feelings towards Tennessee due to the MCM.

I was listening to a podcast talking about the Chargers. Of course they hired the Rams DC as their new coach and he replaced Wade Phillips. They were talking about how all these old heads like Wade Phillips build their defense to stopping the run and being gap sound and having numbers to filling gaps, even though the league is such a heavy passing offense. And the game has passed that train of thought by and they constantly get gashed unless they have superior talent.

I was gonna comment on this as well.

While I think Phillips, even as old as he is, would be a good hire, I'm curious if he still has ill feelings towards Tennessee due to the MCM.
I was partially joking but I wonder as well...I certainly hope not

You would think with his late father ties to the Oilers but maybe they feel thats still a Houston thing??

I was partially joking but I wonder as well...I certainly hope not

You would think with his late father ties to the Oilers but maybe they feel thats still a Houston thing??
I think it’s his age as much as anything else. Perhaps they do feel the game has passed him by. I doubt it’s personal on any level though.

My guess is we wind up with Shane Bowen and Todd Downing. If so, then personnel needs to take a sharp uptick. I would can Midget and Haslett since their groups were really bad. But, I doubt that happens either. This is a big off season for both JR and Vrabel. If we backslide to 9-7 or worse, then changes should be made for 2022.
This article pretty much sums it up for Vrabel and JRob

Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator search: What's at stake for Mike Vrabel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back