Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey will have about 800-900 yards and 6-7 Tds this season. We will resign him for about 11-12 million per season next offseason.

I agree but WR is a different position group than anything else. In order for a WR to be successful they have to have consistent QB play. We definitely didn’t have that over his tenure here.

That being said it was the right move to decline the option.
I think CD definitely has the opportunity still to change my opinion.

If CD is productive and healthy this year, he should be worth around half of what the 5th year option would have paid him.
Idk what he is worth but I would like to keep him. I knew thd tag was never a option. If we don't keep him it will suck but won't be terrible. Somewhere in the 6-8 range if he has a good year wound be cool with me.

I'm not going to label Davis a bust, but he's clearly under performed, however bust isn't a fitting label. J Rob was justified in declining his option, he's not worth 15 million a year. Good blocker and produces when called upon with a limited volume of targets, but I wouldn't pay Davis more than 7-8 million a year.

Exercising Adoree was an easy call, he's one of the Top 10 corners in the league according to PFF.

As top tier salaries escalate, 5th year options at premium positions will get rarer and rarer.

Just 5 years ago, the 5th year option for an early 1st round WR was only $7.3 million. Now it’s over $15 million. Think about that.

Randall Cobb is old AF and got 3 years, $27mil
Emmanuel Sanders old and look at his numbers the last few years. 2 yrs, $24mil
Look at Robbie Anderson's numbers, 2 years, $20mil
Perriman had a few games down the stretch and got 1 year, $6.5 mil

Numbers are comparable to those guys and he has the most potential down the road. So if we aren't looking to pay $8 - $12 mil, we probably messed up in not drafting someone last Friday.

Huh? Blackmon only played 2 seasons, his best was 865 yds 5 TDs...that's Corey Davis numbers and he's getting labeled a bust.
Blackmon is definitely a bust
Blackmon is a bust because he got suspended indefinitely by the league. Not because he didn’t play well when he played. He had the talent to be a beast.

Hopefully Cory has a big year, and we can sign him on the right contract. Next year we will probably go after a big name in free agency, cant not see us drafting a first or second rounder....we will need OL,DL in the first 2 rounds.

I pray Corey does enough to earn a $15 million/yr. contract! Could you imagine if he and AJ both went over 1,000 this year? Lock them in for 4-6 years together.

I don't agree at all, but I use "bust" a lot more sparingly. I mean, only 12 first rounders from 2016 are on their original team. Only 7 first rounders from 2015 are on their original team.

and hence they busted. However, let’s not get carried away. CD was a TOP 5 OVERALL pick. Short of a remarkable year, He’s definitely definitely a bust by the most conservative definition.

Look at 5th pick history - Jalen Ramsey, Brandon Scherff, Khalil Mack, Ziggy Ansah, Justin Blackmon (bust), Patrick Peterson, Eric Berry, Mark Sanchez (best), Glenn Dorsey (bust), Levi Brown (bust), AJ Hawk (bust), Carnell Williams (bust)

So out of the last 15 years, you've gotten 2 or 3 guys that are something their team was able to build around and 2 more guys that a team has gotten value in trading. And Ziggy Ansah put up good production for a couple of years.

dude you’ve correctly identified the busts- CD84 right there with them in production. The others actually PRODUCED something worth a chit. I expect CD to deliver like he has in the past same as MM8. If you haven’t done it by year 4 VERY unlikely you will.

it’s the RIGHT move not to pay him unless he gives us something worth paying for. And by God a #5 overall pick should’ve done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back