Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
JRob has decisions to make on Davis and Jackson regarding their 5th yr options. Looks like Davis is going to cost around 14.8mil and Jackson around 10mil....

Davis has not lived up to his draft status yet and has been a little injury prone...not sure I’d re-up him, but would hate for him to explode and then head for FA next yr

Jackson did not pan out as the dual threat as a returner, but has played pretty solid at CB. I would go ahead and pick his option up.

There is no way we use the option on Davis. He hasn't produced like a top pick. Maybe we resign him once here hits the market but not anywhere near 14 million. As for Jackson, we will definitely pick up his option.i could actually see us signing him to an extension before the season.

CD totally worth it just causes even above average WRs are not easily obtained... at least for Tennessee

Jackson has been fine but agreed about all the 'dual threat' stuff... I am over it

either use him strategically as returner (late in game in high impact situations), FULL time as returner or NEVER as returner... this series to series shyt is not the way to go IMO

No one wants jackson on the kick team any more. But he is turning into a damn good cb. Yes to him.

Cd is a hard no, if he wants to take a cheap prove it deal or cheapish short term deal ill take it.

I’d like to pick up both. Jackson being the first if I had to choose.
I think we see Davis take a step forward this season and patience will pay off.

They're both no brainers IMO. CD isnt worth anywhere near 14m, let him walk. Adoree is worth more than 10m, exercise that option.

That said, drafting a WR this year to step in for Corey when hes gone should be a priority. This is a very deep WR class.

Conklin has shown us why this is so important. Absolutely pick up both options as the only risk you take on is if they get hurt. If they fail to produce this year, simply cut them before the start of the new league year.

Conklin has shown us why this is so important. Absolutely pick up both options as the only risk you take on is if they get hurt. If they fail to produce this year, simply cut them before the start of the new league year.
You would have been cool with them paying Conklin about $11M next yr based on 2018?

Yes. He wasn't that bad overall and, again, it's only guaranteed for injury.
JR cant predict the future and nothing about 2108 Conk suggested hed have a great 2019

Not taking his option was the right move at the time IMO.

The drop off from Conk to Kelly is minimal

I think Carp's point is you give the option and if they have a bad year or you find a gem receiver in the draft this year, you simply dump them.

I haven't confirned that, but if true, I agree.

JR cant predict the future and nothing about 2108 Conk suggested hed have a great 2019

Not taking his option was the right move at the time IMO.

The drop off from Conk to Kelly is minimal

The only risk is if Conk were to have suffered a significant injury this year. The 5th year is only guaranteed for injury. As long as he is released before the 1st day of the 5th league year, he won't cost a thing.

I mean I suppose 11 million is a big risk to take on him not getting injured, but I would have taken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back