Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bears picked up the option on Floyd.....they were hoping he would turn the corner and have a great year....didn't happen and so they cut him

I could see the same thing happening with Davis.

I've been one of the biggest Davis fans, but he's been a letdown. Apparently he had turf toe all last year that lingered. I try not to buy into that shit, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt because I'm a homer with him, if I'm being honest lol. I think he could have a good year with Brown killing it, and finally having a real QB and an offseason to work together. I don't think I pick up that tag though.

As for Jackson, you absolutely pick up that tag. He'd get far more than $10M on the open market. The whole return aspect is dead but solely as a CB, he's developed nicely. I think you lock him up this year before he pushes his price up further.

JR cant predict the future and nothing about 2108 Conk suggested hed have a great 2019

Not taking his option was the right move at the time IMO.

The drop off from Conk to Kelly is minimal
Absolutely not. The dropoff will be very noticeable this year.
I think Carp's point is you give the option and if they have a bad year or you find a gem receiver in the draft this year, you simply dump them.

I haven't confirned that, but if true, I agree.

If the only being guaranteed vs injury thing is true, then I'd probably tag Davis too. I'd of rather had the option of Conklin's tag this year, and now he's no longer here. If we exercised his option, we could have cut him if we wanted to and still been in the same spot we are today, but at least it would have been our choice.

If the only being guaranteed vs injury thing is true, then I'd probably tag Davis too. I'd of rather had the option of Conklin's tag this year, and now he's no longer here. If we exercised his option, we could have cut him if we wanted to and still been in the same spot we are today, but at least it would have been our choice.
Corey Davis would have to play out of his mind next year to deserve a 14m contract after what hes shown so far.

Davis was pretty efficient for his targets. And he blocks well and seems to be a great teammate. If you focus on what he is and not what he isn't, I think you want to keep him around as long as possible, if the money works.

I think the draft will give us a read on where the Titans are with him.

Corey Davis would have to play out of his mind next year to deserve a 14m contract after what hes shown so far.
Davis prob isnt getting his option picked up, and if he balls out in 2020 just re-sign him for the same money a yr later.

I see no sense in locking up money in a guy who is still somewhat of a questionmark.

It’s a shame because he made some amazing catches etc. He just can’t seem to turn the corner for whatever reason. He just goes full on ghost mode!

Technically we are not in the same spot.....right now we stand to get a 3rd/4th rnd comp pick in 2021 for losing Conklin in FA.....if we cut him to avoid paying his 5th yr option then no comp pick

If he had turf toe half the year then that would explain things last yr.
I'm really hoping this was part of his down play last year. It's not like he forgot how to ball, he's got skill.
Yeah maybe, but he did it years before as well. Let’s be real...
If we're being real, then we also need to see that Mariota was his QB at that time. That factors in at least a bit.

Jackson-yes/keep him off ST
Davis-nope/if I had to bet on one player getting injured on his 5th yr option it'd be him.

Brown needs a new contract (JRobs best mid/late round find) and so does Smith (before Kittle resets the TE mkt)

Davis-nope/if I had to bet on one player getting injured on his 5th yr option it'd be him.

Brown needs a new contract (JRobs best mid/late round find) and so does Smith (before Kittle resets the TE mkt)
JRobs plan could very well be to go ahead and lock up our key guys long term now before the cap goes up. If we do that, we may not be as good as we could have been next year, but will be set up to be much better the following few seasons.

Byard?

Eh, I'd probably let Jonnu walk at this point. He's a pass catching only TE and hasn't been particularly great at that. I'd love for us to draft an ultra athletic TE this year like Trautman or may be stick with the local guy and Titan legacy Brycen Hopkins.

Under contract until 2024 with an out in 21, right???

Don't see them letting him go, and if I remember right it would be a 2-3 cap hit and 10-11 in dead cap

Pretty sure he was referring to the "JRob's best mid round pick" comment. And, he's right. Byard is definitely JRob's best pick as our GM, regardless of round.

Pretty sure he was referring to the "JRob's best mid round pick" comment. And, he's right. Byard is definitely JRob's best pick as our GM, regardless of round.

Misread the question (shouldn't work and post lol).
Totally agree Byard is JRob's best pick(AJ may give him a run for his money though) . Guess I don't really see him as a mid or late pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back