Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I'd probably let Jonnu walk at this point. He's a pass catching only TE and hasn't been particularly great at that. I'd love for us to draft an ultra athletic TE this year like Trautman or may be stick with the local guy and Titan legacy Brycen Hopkins.

Smith is finally coming into his own....lock him up before he truly has a breakout yr.
FYI Smith is more athletic than Trautman if you go by the combine numbers

Smith 40yd 4.62, BP 22, Vert 38, BJ 127
Trautman 40 yd 4.8, BP 18, Vert 34.5, BJ 114

I do like Trautman especially his ability to run the option routes, gets quick separation and this was shown at the combine with his outstanding 3-cone of 6.78

But if we can get Smith locked in at a decent price this yr then I'd do it

Smith is finally coming into his own....lock him up before he truly has a breakout yr.
FYI Smith is more athletic than Trautman if you go by the combine numbers

Smith 40yd 4.62, BP 22, Vert 38, BJ 127
Trautman 40 yd 4.8, BP 18, Vert 34.5, BJ 114

I do like Trautman especially his ability to run the option routes, gets quick separation and this was shown at the combine with his outstanding 3-cone of 6.78

But if we can get Smith locked in at a decent price this yr then I'd do it

Eh, I'm still not impressed by Smith in any way. I really don't think he'll be hard to retain considering he's one dimensional.

I find it interesting that many mocks have us taking a TE early. Resigned Firk and Pruitt, Jonnu still on roster...I know Walker left, but I don’t see it. Id actually consider Tyler B (Center) if he is sitting there....#1 ranked Center and we will need him soon...

I find it interesting that many mocks have us taking a TE early. Resigned Firk and Pruitt, Jonnu still on roster...I know Walker left, but I don’t see it. Id actually consider Tyler B (Center) if he is sitting there....#1 ranked Center and we will need him soon...
Haven’t looked at any mocks but that does sound weird.
TE is one of the few positions I really think they’re ok at.

Yeah it’s strange. I’ve seen a few mocks with us taking Trautman or Bryant in the second...
I Don t follow college nearly as close as NFL so I had to look those guys up. It looks to me both are projected a bit lower, like 4-5th even which is why I didn’t really argue the point of picking either.

Under contract until 2024 with an out in 21, right???

Don't see them letting him go, and if I remember right it would be a 2-3 cap hit and 10-11 in dead cap
I was referring to your best mid round pick part, hence the bold. Anyway, I agree that Brown has been a great pick, and needs to be resigned.

Every year they mock us taking a TE early. It's mainly because they're morons that don't actually follow the Titans.

i would say yes to both, i think even if CD doesnt go crazy this year, as long as he is pretty good we could easily be able to trade him if we decide he isnt worth the cap hit

i would say yes to both, i think even if CD doesnt go crazy this year, as long as he is pretty good we could easily be able to trade him if we decide he isnt worth the cap hit
I agree entirely. I never realized that cutting someone before their fifth year had no dead cap situation. Should absolutely tag Davis with the cap going up and his potential to break out this year. Why not? If he sucks, cut his a$$.

I agree entirely. I never realized that cutting someone before their fifth year had no dead cap situation. Should absolutely tag Davis with the cap going up and his potential to break out this year. Why not? If he sucks, cut his a$$.
I believe the new CBA made it so the contract is fully guaranteed now as soon as you exercise the option, i know they had been talking about that at least... i could be wrong

Every year they mock us taking a TE early. It's mainly because they're morons that don't actually follow the Titans.

We commonly get used as a pick dumping ground. If there is someone they think should go first round, but they don't see a good fit, they just dump him on us, since we are one of the smallest fanbase and they won't get crap for it.

CD still has so much upside and untapped talent...I still would like to see JRob pickup his 5th year option and see if he breaks out this year...situation is similar to the Bears and Leonard Floyd last year, they picked up his 5th year option and cut him before the option became guaranteed.

Gotta think a full season in the same system, with Tanny and minus turf toe, could be big for him...

We commonly get used as a pick dumping ground. If there is someone they think should go first round, but they don't see a good fit, they just dump him on us, since we are one of the smallest fanbase and they won't get crap for it.
Couldn’t agree more. Fools are still mocking us taking a RB in the 1st. Can’t imagine we wouldn’t wait till the 2nd or 3rd to take our new complimentary back.

Couldn’t agree more. Fools are still mocking us taking a RB in the 1st. Can’t imagine we wouldn’t wait till the 2nd or 3rd to take our new complimentary back.
Unless they know a long term deal with Henry isnt happening. Then you gotta take one of the top 4 RBs, which means round 1 or 2.

Mocks are joke, we all know it but every year we read them

MJD had us taking a RB round 1, i didnt look too closely at the whole mock but i bet he had more RB's in the 1st round than any other mock..he loves him some RB..

Mocks are joke, we all know it but every year we read them

MJD had us taking a RB round 1, i didnt look too closely at the whole mock but i bet he had more RB's in the 1st round than any other mock..he loves him some RB..
For sure...I think we are more inclined to go CB/OT/DL depending who is there...

If we pick up BOTH options for Corey and Adoree, couldn’t we re-sign Corey to a more team friendly deal before the option year? I am thinking something similar to what Devante Parker did with Miami last season

If we pick up BOTH options for Corey and Adoree, couldn’t we re-sign Corey to a more team friendly deal before the option year? I am thinking something similar to what Devante Parker did with Miami last season
To me Davis is built to be elite, yet here we are discussing his future

Bad sign; dont take his option and be stuck paying him elite money.

If we want him back, cool. Just don't be stuck paying him top 10 money by taking his 5th yr option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back