Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ain't keeping AJ. AJ offered 20 mil from titans and said we know you'll get more else where but here is what we're at. We obvs can't give anymore
After this season unless he really wants to stay which would be awesome he's gone. Also I respect titans offer. 20 mill is still alot of money for WR

So how much shall we bet? $20, $50, $100? I'll also do better record GB over Oakland, if you'd like.

IF KC and GB both miss the superbowl, which is what I said would happen to both your superbowl contenders, then the bet is you change your signature for 1 year to "PhiSlammaJamma owns me. Period." After every post. All you need is one to make it without their star WR. Won't happen. Game on. And It's on like Donkey Kong now.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF KC and GB both miss the superbowl, which is what I said would happen to both your superbowl contenders, then the bet is you change your signature for 1 year to "PhiSlammaJamma owns me. Period." After every post. All you need is one to make it without their star WR. Won't happen. Game on. And It's on like Donkey Kong now.
You realize being a contender doesn't mean you have to end up in the Super Bowl? It's still football. I'm willing to bet the teams that lost their star WRs will be better than the teams who bought them. That's the best measuring stick.

and let's bet money. I don't care about image or what people here think. That seems silly.

Here:

PSJ owns me. Period.

Feel free to screenshot or save it. It means nothing.

What he's doing works. Print your resume on the executive assistant's desk by "accident" and leave it there, and you will get a raise. Because bottom line is if your indispensable, and if your boss thinks you leaving, it's worth it for him to give you a raise than try to replace you. Simple math. Salaries are pennies on the dollar to a company that will make the owner 2.6 billion dollars. Ownership should always remove salaries from the outcome equation. And the rest is easy. All that's left is playing football.

AJ is indispensable. He's one of the rare explosive WR's in the game. He will get paid.
I think the issue with what you’re saying about the pennies to dollars, while true regarding the owner to the player, is not true when there is a limit on how much can be spread around to 52 other players and keeping them competitive to achieve the ultimate goal.

Brown getting $30 mil/season won’t hurt AAS in the slightest directly, but knowing $30mil was put on Brown not only limit other position player availability, it could also drive other “affordable” players away knowing they don’t have the opportunity to turn a 1 year contract into a bigger, long term contract because of the cap limits.
Now, the product on the field will affect AAS as fans spend less, etc albeit not enough for an owner to really care if we look at the jets as an example.

Miss the SB? That’d be a strange “win” for you since they both just missed the SB with the WR you’re saying would remove them from SB contender.

Big Jeff not at voluntary workouts!!!!! Must want a huge contract or he’ll sit out. Dude is such a diva!!!!
But did he delete his Twitter? That may be the difference between diva and not or maybe it’s the combo of twitter deletion and skipping voluntary workouts.

I’m more worried about AJ’s self reported depression and suicidal ideation in 2020. He’s def a great WR but does he hit the “mentally tough lunch pail” mold that JRob has gone on record stating he wants in locker room.

I think AJ is a really good receiver but no way in hell he’s worth $25 or $30million. Actually, no receiver is worth that kind of money. These teams dropping that kind of money on a receiver are insane if you ask me. None of these guys are Jerry Rice.

Plus, hard to plunk that kind of money down on a receiver that always seems to be dealing with some sort of injury. If he insists on crazy money and we can get a kings ransoms for him, then I have no problem trading him.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to keep him as a Titan. Hopefully he’s just playing a little hardball to squeeze a few extra buck and we work out with him. But if not, then maybe we can parlay him into a bunch of draft picks.

I'd rather trade him now and get a receiver in the 1st than not a have a No1 receiver next year with only 1 1st round pick. That's if he doesn't take our 20 mill we've offered.

AJ has never played a full season. Hard to justify paying him more than some of the WR’s who seemingly never miss time and are more productive (granted their offense are much more WR friendly).

Fast forward to 7:55 for an A.J. Brown trade in 1st round of this mock draft.

I like this guy’s creativity throwing his trades in like that but, I can’t recall the last time a big time player was traded for a first round pick. It’s been pick for picks and maybe a player thrown in, but not the focal point of the trade.

I think if brown gets traded, it happens before the draft starts.

I like this guy’s creativity throwing his trades in like that but, I can’t recall the last time a big time player was traded for a first round pick. It’s been pick for picks and maybe a player thrown in, but not the focal point of the trade.

I think if brown gets traded, it happens before the draft starts.
Agreed. I've never seen a player traded during the draft.

I loved Reagor and thought he would be a stud, not sure why he has floundered so much in Philly but I’m not trading AJ Brown for a center and a 3rd rnd pick and a player who has been a bust.

The Jets are still all in on getting a WR…I could easily see them making a draft day trade for one.

I know the patriots got Randy Moss for a pick during the draft. I believe the Steelers did with Bettis too. Then there was the draft and trade of Eli and Rivers.
I wasn't watching football when Bettis and Moss were drafted. I thought about the Eli and Rivers thing but I didn't count it because it was forced by Eli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back