Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Reagor and thought he would be a stud, not sure why he has floundered so much in Philly but I’m not trading AJ Brown for a center and a 3rd rnd pick and a player who has been a bust.

The Jets are still all in on getting a WR…I could easily see them making a draft day trade for one.

You wouldn’t be …You would be receiving all that for what could be nothing if AJ leaves as a FA or refuses to play. If he is a distraction that’s a great haul. Plus you get added cap room.

Plus a pro bowl center for the next decade is a very good thing.

I know the patriots got Randy Moss for a pick during the draft. I believe the Steelers did with Bettis too. Then there was the draft and trade of Eli and Rivers.
I think moss was for a 4th to the raiders. Did not recall that it happened during the draft.

Bettis goes back to 96’-ish. Too far back for me to recall especially when trades like the Ricky Williams trade take up so much memory.

You wouldn’t be …You would be receiving all that for what could be nothing if AJ leaves as a FA or refuses to play. If he is a distraction that’s a great haul. Plus you get added cap room.

Plus a pro bowl center for the next decade is a very good thing.
Agree

Even though I agree it won't happen (AJ traded during the draft), anything is possible.

It could -- we almost traded #2 pick to Eagles for a buttload of picks, Sam Bradford, Fletcher Cox, and Kiko Alonso before freezing up and taking Mariota. (I actually was very mad we refused that trade)

Naturally any form of trade that blossoms and wilts during the draft, will be denied to the death because those same players remain on their respective rosters lol

It could -- we almost traded #2 pick to Eagles for a buttload of picks, Sam Bradford, Fletcher Cox, and Kiko Alonso before freezing up and taking Mariota. (I actually was very mad we refused that trade)

Naturally any form of trade that blossoms and wilts during the draft, will be denied to the death because those same players remain on their respective rosters lol
Don't know if this applies exactly to the current scenario, since this was more of a team trading UP to get their QB, as opposed to team trading specifically for an existing player.

Interesting "What If" though. How would this have played out? We get Carson Wentz or Jarod Goff the next year? No Mariota means no "kings random"... No trade down, no Derrick Henry, no Corey Davis. What a completely different story line. Does Wentz win a SB without Pederson and Nick Foles?

Hindsight would say draft Dak Prescott in the third. Jackpot! Maybe a little Tyreek Hill in the 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think moss was for a 4th to the raiders. Did not recall that it happened during the draft.

Bettis goes back to 96’-ish. Too far back for me to recall especially when trades like the Ricky Williams trade take up so much memory.
Yep Moss was traded for a 4th on the last day of the draft.

I will be totally shocked if AJ were to get traded....if I'm JRob I give him an offer with 60mil guaranteed....that is 20 mil more than Mike Williams and Godwin got guaranteed and 5mil less than Davante Adams and 12 mil less than Tyreek. AJ would be nuts to not take the money. He will sign in July just like Henry did.

I will be totally shocked if AJ were to get traded....if I'm JRob I give him an offer with 60mil guaranteed....that is 20 mil more than Mike Williams and Godwin got guaranteed and 5mil less than Davante Adams and 12 mil less than Tyreek. AJ would be nuts to not take the money. He will sign in July just like Henry did.
Agree...stats wise AJ is on par with Williams and Godwin...I mentioned yesterday he's similar to Amari Cooper in stats....he just needs to stay healthy and stop getting dinged up every other play... availability is the best asset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back