Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that interview with JRob, he is all in, trying to bring a SB to Nashville. I feel all options are open and if there is a chance to get Rodgers, of course he will look into it.

Ok, say they did want Rodgers and tried. I want to see what gymnastics they do to get around Tannes cap hit for 22. The only way I can see anything is somebody trades for him and pays all of it up front. Maybe Tanne reworking how contract knowing a trade is coming? A lot of things would have to happen.

Wait, am I reading it right? Is that article saying that all 4 of those teams already have trade deals in front of the Packers?
Not sure what article you mean but sounds like Rodgers has it down to 2 teams...GB or Denver...that doesn't mean other teams could offer something though

Not sure what article you mean but sounds like Rodgers has it down to 2 teams...GB or Denver...that doesn't mean other teams could offer something though
The PFT article.

"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Rodgers has specific deals lined up with other teams — and those teams have trade compensation lined up with the Packers. The potential moves have been arranged, essentially, with the permission of the Packers."

Ok, say they did want Rodgers and tried. I want to see what gymnastics they do to get around Tannes cap hit for 22. The only way I can see anything is somebody trades for him and pays all of it up front. Maybe Tanne reworking how contract knowing a trade is coming? A lot of things would have to happen.
not sure it works that way... but what do I know.

I thought if Titans trade T17 then ALL CAP already paid is the Titans to deal with... not the team acquiring T17

not sure it works that way... but what do I know.

I thought if Titans trade T17 then ALL CAP already paid is the Titans to deal with... not the team acquiring T17
I think it can work either way. You can either trade and take the cap hit or a team can make a trade happen by agreeing to take the cap hit.

If Tannehill is involved with the Rodgers deal it could be salary neutral.

I would love for this to happen but just can't make myself believe it

Is Love ready to start?
If so why would GB take Tannehill's salary to be a backup?

If they dont Love him.they may want a alternate starter. Seeing as this is Rodgers decision GB doesnt really get the veto power they'd have in a normal trade

If Rodgers want to come to Tennessee then Tannehill cap hit needs to go away to facilitate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back