Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
no denying bad game in big game.... still best QB not named McNair in Titan history

he hasn't won any more Super Bowls or AFC championships than any other QB in Titans history.

We've seen the best Tannehill can offer. Pretty good QB in regular season when he has a generational RB to lean on. Turnover machine when he doesn't.

He can't even game manage and get out of the way with the talent around him, much less direct a win in the biggest games. Some of this recent may have been due to Downing's dumb azz, but Downing didn't stare down his target and not see wide open other guys.

he hasn't won any more Super Bowls or AFC championships than any other QB in Titans history.

We've seen the best Tannehill can offer. Pretty good QB in regular season when he has a generational RB to lean on. Turnover machine when he doesn't.

He can't even game manage and get out of the way with the talent around him, much less direct a win in the biggest games. Some of this recent may have been due to Downing's dumb azz, but Downing didn't stare down his target and not see wide open other guys.

Tanny should have audibled out of that screen play.

Best QB in regular season not named McNair.
Fixed it. :).

Sorry last two playoff games made me salty as F towards the guy. I can deal with 1 bad playoff game but 2 years in a row??? It’s a cmon man.
What did you fix? Which other titans QB has been better in the post season outside McNair?

McNair 5-4
THill 2-3
Mariota 1-1
Collins 0-1
VY 0-1

Even going further back, Moon was 3-6
Pastorini was 3-2
Blanda was 2-3 (2 AFL championships)
Beathard was 0-2
Stabler, Nielsen, and Carlson 0-1

Sad to say, 2 wins and 2 divisional games, 1 AFCCG is among the top for the franchise.

What did you fix? Which other titans QB has been better in the post season outside McNair?

McNair 5-4
THill 2-3
Mariota 1-1
Collins 0-1
VY 0-1

Even going further back, Moon was 3-6
Pastorini was 3-2
Blanda was 2-3 (2 AFL championships)
Beathard was 0-2
Stabler, Nielsen, and Carlson 0-1

Sad to say, 2 wins and 2 divisional games, 1 AFCCG is among the top for the franchise.

Just making a point that RT is only good for regular season. Doesn’t matter anyways cause he isn’t going to win another post season game for this franchise or any other team.

Just making a point that RT is only good for regular season. Doesn’t matter anyways cause he isn’t going to win another post season game for this franchise or any other team.

also Tannehill may have 2 wins but that should go to Henry for winning those games.

also Tannehill may have 2 wins but that should go to Henry for winning those games.
You do know, no matter what happens with Tannehill, Mariota is never going to be our franchise qb, right? Mariota is gone, gone, gone, and not coming back as a starter, ever.

You do know, no matter what happens with Tannehill, Mariota is never going to be our franchise qb, right? Mariota is gone, gone, gone, and not coming back as a starter, ever.

what does Mariota have to do with this? Thill is not gonna be our franchise QB either and he will be gone gone gone soon too.

Would you trade Tannehill and draft picks to the Washington Commanders if we knew we were signing ARod and they would take his entire contract?

I think yes.

We can't sign Rodgers. He isn't a FA unless the Packers release him (which is super unlikely). He'll be traded to someone. And we aren't gonna trade Tanne and picks for someone to take him off our hands and then turn around and trade more picks for Rodgers.

I have no hope Tanny can get it done so the Titans doing what the Titans do best. Also worst case scenario is he gets traded to colts :( …. Does anyone know their cap? Can they do it?

Cap situation is mostly irrelevant, but they do have quite a bit available. The biggest things going against them is that they don't have a 1st round pick this year to give up. Unless they're gonna give up their 2nd this year and their next 3 first round picks, they aren't getting Rodgers.

Cap situation is mostly irrelevant, but they do have quite a bit available. The biggest things going against them is that they don't have a 1st round pick this year to give up. Unless they're gonna give up their 2nd this year and their next 3 first round picks, they aren't getting Rodgers.

Good to know. I was concerned about that happening too.

Good to know. I was concerned about that happening too.

I mean they have a stacked team outside of QB. So they could just say eff it and go all in. But that's a lot of draft capital and I would think the Packers would want a 1st rounder this year anyways.

Whether Rodgers comes or not, it’s definitely a story while Tannehill still here.

there just isn't any way short of going undefeated the majority of fans retain interest. There just isn’t anyway for Tannehill to sleep comfortably after he schitt the bed so bad.
Two different stories. Rogers in T-hole out isn’t a story. T-hole is at an all time low in popularity, but that will not facilitate a trade this season. T-hole leaving under those circumstances is different than Rogers coming here. Non-story.

Two different stories. Rogers in T-hole out isn’t a story. T-hole is at an all time low in popularity, but that will not facilitate a trade this season. T-hole leaving under those circumstances is different than Rogers coming here. Non-story.
I think we're saying the same thing.

Rogers, or anybody else even remotely coming in, keeps the focus on Tannehill's very masterful playoff chokery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back