Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Packers can only demand picks if there is competition. Good chance that eventually, they will get desperate, because every GM's knows they have no long term leverage.

Of course Robinson is going to publicly praise Tannehill, why would you not talk great and drum up something you might want to sale ? Don’t think for one minute that with the right deal and ability to unload Tannehill along with his contract and acquire the reigning MVP with the roster we have that he wouldn’t pull the trigger. That’s a fact. Will it happen ? Unlikely but given his history of being aggressive and knowing how talented our roster is, if the opportunity is there then he would. Head games, smoke and mirrors at this point.

great... dont change fact that it would cost Titans $37m CAP to dump T17

If I understand correctly if they traded him the new team would assume that Cap money. Meaning if we traded for Rodgers without a new contract we would get his cap hit. That was my point.

If I understand correctly if they traded him the new team would assume that Cap money. Meaning if we traded for Rodgers without a new contract we would get his cap hit. That was my point.
I thought those numbers would be part of the trade negotiation?

Also, considering their cap hits (THill and Rodgers) wouldn’t they both be significantly less after June 1?

no... CAP would stay with Titans

same as if a player is cut and their signing bonus comes forward into CAP

I am simplifying it, as there are tons of rules, but yes every dollar already paid T17 or 100% owed T17 would roll into CAP

If I understand it right... say T17 was given a 50m signing bonus that would not all count in y1 CAP it would be averaged over life of contract. But if T17 was cut/traded then the remainder of that signing bonus would roll into current CAP plus any already paid roster bonus or workout incentives or WTF ever that had been paid in the current year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought those numbers would be part of the trade negotiation?

Also, considering their cap hits (THill and Rodgers) wouldn’t they both be significantly less after June 1?
yes but only cause Titans & packers had ate whatever roster bonus was paid 1Jun

I am not a CAP guru I am totally willing to be wrong, but I think I am right about the basics

Everyone that needs a QB will want Rodgers. There won't be any desperation on the Packers end.

The desperation won't be the demand for Rodgers, but the lack of draft picks offered. The minute Rodgers asks to be let go it could be very difficult to get what they think they deserve.

The desperation won't be the demand for Rodgers, but the lack of draft picks offered. The minute Rodgers asks to be let go it could be very difficult to get what they think they deserve.

Players demand trades all the time. When they do happen, the teams trading them tend to still get pretty great returns if the player is really good. Stafford brought the Lions a great package. Even Wentz, who has been hurt/mediocre in recent years brought back a conditional 1st round pick. Old/injury prone Carson Palmer demanded a trade from Cincy and brought back a 1st and 2nd rounder. And Jay Cutler brought back two 1st rounders from Chicago.

Suffice to say, if the Packers end up putting the reigning NFL MVP and future HOFer on the trade block (which seems pretty likely at this point), there will be a slew of teams willing to trade 2 or 3 1st round picks for him.

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Friggin' Aaron Rodgers comes to TN? That's the kind of bold azz move that winners make. Rodgers would be perfect for Nashville. His attitude, his style. etc. I'd def give up a 1st and probably even 2 consecutive 1st rounds to get him here.

Nothing is going to happen with RT17 QBing the team. We've seen his best. And now ANY INT will be met with a chorus of boos at Nissan. He's damaged goods.

We are about to be in cap hell anyway with a rebuild in 2 years. Get him here while DH22, AJB and some key D pieces here. We have another year with Julio- he might even be servicable. Get a Stud TE, OL this draft and I guarantee you we'd see TL77 re-work his contract for a chance at a ring.

I know I said our cap wouldn't allow for it, but damn it gets me excited thinking of the possibility.

Cut who you need to cut. Restructure who you need to restructure. And get this man a uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back