Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be able to get pressure with only 4 since almost everyone is healthy up front. Even Peko has been effective.

Cunningham's job should be to stop the run and past that he shouldn't be in the game. He is one of our worst cover LBs. Luckily we are pretty healthy there and Long and Brown look good to go. They need to get on the TEs or RBs out of the back field.

Most vulnerable might be the slot where Molden is banged up and has shown he has trouble with the fast/quick WRs. It will be critical to get pressure and force the QB off his rhythm. Scares me how well we did early in the Houston game and how things fell apart in the 2nd half.

On offense we are actually healthy on the OL and Henry is coming back with AJ, Julio and now Firkser is more involved. With a balanced attack we should be hard to stop and their DL is going to have some issues.

We should be able to get pressure with only 4 since almost everyone is healthy up front. Even Peko has been effective.

Cunningham's job should be to stop the run and past that he shouldn't be in the game. He is one of our worst cover LBs. Luckily we are pretty healthy there and Long and Brown look good to go. They need to get on the TEs or RBs out of the back field.

Most vulnerable might be the slot where Molden is banged up and has shown he has trouble with the fast/quick WRs. It will be critical to get pressure and force the QB off his rhythm. Scares me how well we did early in the Houston game and how things fell apart in the 2nd half.

On offense we are actually healthy on the OL and Henry is coming back with AJ, Julio and now Firkser is more involved. With a balanced attack we should be hard to stop and their DL is going to have some issues.
Agreed. I don't want to see that crap where we act like the RB doesn't exists and there is no one around him for 20 yards out in the flat.

1st play from scrimmage. Henry between the Left Tackle and Guard. Downing will be as predictable as ever.

Running overwhelming on first down has been a staple of the Titans since Vrabel took over. While I wish they were a little more balanced on first down, it's not something I ever see changing.

Running overwhelming on first down has been a staple of the Titans since Vrabel took over. While I wish they were a little more balanced on first down, it's not something I ever see changing.
I would love to be surprised by like PA pass to Henry doing down the sideline or anything remotely unpredicted. In general, I would like to see Henry get more passing targets. Dude is a weapon once the ball is in his hands.

WHO IS THIS and why didn't I know about him sooner?! Kid looks mean..
Really, he started a few games where Blasingame was a healthy scratch. I think for another couple games we dressed both. Either way, doesn't matter. Khari is the better FB. Maybe not as physical, but he gets to the right defender quicker.

I'm definitely nervous about this game. Anyone who says they aren't, aren't practical Titans fans.

I love that Vrabel and Downing forced the game plan against the Texans around Tannehill and Jones, especially throwing deep. I was hoping they would. Even though they had some misses, the idea was for them to build chemistry and work on timing. They were close. That said, the offense still spurred in the second half. We'll need more of the first half performance to win a Super Bowl. I'm not so sure Henry will be as utilized or as dominant as some people think. Our D is solid, but we still can't afford too many 3-and-outs against this team.

Unrelated: even though NFL awards are supposedly only based on the "regular season", I think this game has Coach of The Year implications. If one team is dominated by the other, it will surly take out that coach from consideration, and vice versa.

Fingers crossed. Let's go Titans!

Molden will cover him. If he struggles, Jackson. They’ve been our two slot corners all year.

Molden is such a liability in man coverage...I see us playing a good bit of zone...willing to give up the dink and dunk passes and then try to confuse Burrow with coverages once they near the red zone.

The key is to limit the number of possessions that Burrows gets...this is done by our offense putting together time consuming drives and not giving up the quick strike TD.

Cincy is 22nd in the league on defense in 3rd down % while the Titans are 5th....Titans also have an advantage in red zone defense and offense where the bungles are just middle of the road.

Playing a clean game is also so important....Dallas and the Raiders beat themselves with penalties

Molden is such a liability in man coverage...I see us playing a good bit of zone...willing to give up the dink and dunk passes and then try to confuse Burrow with coverages once they near the red zone.

The key is to limit the number of possessions that Burrows gets...this is done by our offense putting together time consuming drives and not giving up the quick strike TD.

Cincy is 22nd in the league on defense in 3rd down % while the Titans are 5th....Titans also have an advantage in red zone defense and offense where the bungles are just middle of the road.

Playing a clean game is also so important....Dallas and the Raiders beat themselves with penalties
When we get backed into the red zone, we have to figure out how to keep these Cincy weapons from being alone in the back of the end zone. Seems like that's been happening a lot to us lately.

Hey all! Bengals fan living in Nashville checking in.

Should be a fun game this weekend. It's an interesting matchup that basically comes down to the d-lines on both sides. Whoever can be more disruptive has a pretty good chance.

It looks like Hendrickson will be back for Cincy, which is a big deal. Fingers crossed that our o-line can keep Simmons in check. We tend to struggle more with disruptive guys on the inside than we do with ends who are easier to gameplan for.

Should be a fun game this weekend. It's an interesting matchup that basically comes down to the d-lines on both sides. Whoever can be more disruptive has a pretty good chance.

It looks like Hendrickson will be back for Cincy, which is a big deal. Fingers crossed that our o-line can keep Simmons in check. We tend to struggle more with disruptive guys on the inside than we do with ends who are easier to gameplan for.
Right now from our perspective, the inside is definitely the weak place in the Bengals OL. Burrow seems to handle pressure form the edges pretty well.

Right now from our perspective, the inside is definitely the weak place in the Bengals OL. Burrow seems to handle pressure form the edges pretty well.
It's really the right side of our line that's a concern. Our center has had a rough year coming back from injury, right guard has been a steady rotation of rookies, and our RT is on IR so we are now relying on a 6th round draft pick that we got on waivers last year.

That said, Burrow has been the most sacked QB in the NFL but seems to manage just fine all the same.

I honestly have no feel for how this game will play out. If our offense can come out on fire and get the lead early that favors us assuming Hendrickson is able to play. If the Titans are able to disrupt our offense enough to keep Burrow from catching fire, then I think things favor TN. It's easier for you all the pound the ball repeatedly and wear down our DTs who, due to injury, won't be able to rotate and stay as fresh as they normally would..

Bengals suck. That is all...

It's really the right side of our line that's a concern. Our center has had a rough year coming back from injury, right guard has been a steady rotation of rookies, and our RT is on IR so we are now relying on a 6th round draft pick that we got on waivers last year.

That said, Burrow has been the most sacked QB in the NFL but seems to manage just fine all the same.

I honestly have no feel for how this game will play out. If our offense can come out on fire and get the lead early that favors us assuming Hendrickson is able to play. If the Titans are able to disrupt our offense enough to keep Burrow from catching fire, then I think things favor TN. It's easier for you all the pound the ball repeatedly and wear down our DTs who, due to injury, won't be able to rotate and stay as fresh as they normally would..

Welcome to the forum. One of my best friends is a Cinci native (though living in Alabama now) and I guess this is the week where we trash talk each other as best we can leading up to Saturday. But my friend is a life long, long suffering "Bungles" fan so he's happier these days about his team.

The Titans were one of the most injured teams inn the NFL...a literal M*A*S*H unit after the middle of the season. The press outside of Nashville concentrates on Henry but it was pretty bad all around. 91 players have seen the field for the Two-Tone Blue this season, the most ever by an NFL franchise. But with the team looking healthy for a change, I like our changes a lot more.

But we've all seen Burrow light it up, first in college and now for the Bengels. Our defense, especially the secondary will have to mind it's P's and Q's to keep from getting burned. But that only happens if the D-line gets after him and if everyone is healthy and at full speed, again I like our chances.

Your feel should be like Bengals vs Browns 1st game this season. Thats the kind of game you should expect. It’s a matchup that doesn’t favor the Bengals.

Fuck the Bengals!

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back