Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I understand Sedano’s point about the Titans in the RZ.

I may be off (someone can double check) but I’m counting:
20 TD and 8 FG on 31 RZ with Henry
21 TD and 7 FG on 31 RZ without Henry

If that’s his reasoning to get down on the titans for being “worse” in the RZ, he’s a complete fool and legitimately hoping no one fact checks him because he’s not even accurate.

Edit: feel free to double check but this is what I have game by game, (also posting if I have to reference again)
With Henry:
ARZ 2/2 - 2 TD
Sea 6/6 - 2 TD/ 4 FG
IND 4/5 - 3 TD/ 1 FG
NYJ 3/4 - 2 TD/ 1 FG
Jax 5/5 - 4 TD/ 1 FG
Buf 3/3 - 3 TD
KC 3/4 - 2 TD/ 1 FG
IND 2/2 - 2 TD (Henry didn’t actually finish this game)

Without Henry
LAR 3/3 - 3 TD
NO 5/5 - 2 TD/ 3 FG
Hou 2/3 - 2 TD
NE 1/2 - 1 TD
Jax 3/3 - 2 TD/ 1 FG
Pit 3/4 - 1 TD/ 2 FG
SF 2/2 - 2 TD
Mia 5/5 - 4 TD/ 1 FG
Hou 4/4 - 4 TD

41/62 TD
56/62 scoring
Damn I love some Hurray bringing the numbers! I’m putting on a diaper no holds barred, he’s my backup! Careful when ya shoot in, might get a handle on something you weren’t expecting, much like the Bengals!

While he hasn't been great, If Julio can make a few clutch catches in the playoffs and help get the Titans to the Superb Owl, he's worth the price, imo. This is his time to shine if he's ever going to.
Let’s not forget that Corey Davis had 0 catches for 0 yards on 2 targets in the playoffs last year. If Julio brings ANYTHING, he’s an upgrade.

In watching several other Bengals games this week, one thing that I have noticed is that a bunch of the sacks that the Bengals have given up have been on secondary blitzes...I know that our main recipe for success is letting the front 4 get the pressure and having 7 in coverage, but I would like to see us throw some blitzes early at Burrow to make him uncomfortable and hopefully get him to start seeing ghosts when we fake pressure later

I’ve been seeing the Vrabel after a bye record flashed in a bunch of places as a note of his success.

A different note I just saw, bengals road playoff record all time? 0-7.

I’ve been seeing the Vrabel after a bye record flashed in a bunch of places as a note of his success.

A different note I just saw, bengals road playoff record all time? 0-7.
Useless trivia knowledge champion, indeed :p

They've been a pretty good road team this year. The crowd noise does hurt Burrow's hard count, though, which is something he's very good at.

A different note I just saw, Bengals road playoff record all time? 0-7.
But here's the thing about that, at what point do you start over? That 0-7 record was over 31 years ago lol.

Simms and Florio made their picks:

Bengals (+3.5) at Titans

MDS’s take: The Titans are healthier right now than they were during the regular season, and I’m expecting them to play one of their best games and remind everyone that the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC goes through Tennessee.

MDS’s pick: Titans 27, Bengals 20.

Florio’s take: Derrick Henry makes a huge difference for a team that went 6-3 without him. The Cincinnati offense lacked the killer instinct on Saturday against the Raiders, allowing Las Vegas to hang around for far too long. While the Bengals may indeed be a Super Bowl contender in 2022, it feels like they’ve reached the end of the road. The Titans, in contrast, are just getting started.

Florio’s pick: Titans 24, Bengals 17.

In watching several other Bengals games this week, one thing that I have noticed is that a bunch of the sacks that the Bengals have given up have been on secondary blitzes...I know that our main recipe for success is letting the front 4 get the pressure and having 7 in coverage, but I would like to see us throw some blitzes early at Burrow to make him uncomfortable and hopefully get him to start seeing ghosts when we fake pressure later
Titans use the delayed CB blitz often... more than our opponents ... at least to my eye

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd run it his way every play. Great pass rusher, but he runs around the world to get his sacks and is always out of position to stop the run and with their DT's being out, there should be so much room to run on their defense.
who was that ass clown Titan did the wide 9 rush all the time.. dude made 9 SACs a season but basically nothing else as he just ran a loop around the pocket

gonna look it up... it was while washburn was dl coach...

please hold during the silence ...

babin... hated that dude

I know most of you are looking forward to this game, but I am already so nervous I'm dreading it. Sheesh. I just want it to be over with. Anyone else nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back