Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just looking at the Ravens schedule. Maybe someone has already said this, but they have three wins against teams with winning records. They beat the Browns twice and the Colts. I feel pretty good about this game. I think it is the best matchup we could ask for in the wild card round.

Titans only have two wins against winning teams.

Titans were 3-4 against teams with a winning record.

3 Wins (Buffalo, Baltimore, and Indy)

4 Loses (Pitt, Indy, Clev. and Green Bay)

However, your point is valid.

This is the story for a lot of teams in the playoffs this year.

Packers have 2 wins. Bucs have 1. Saints have 3. Seattle has 3. Steelers have 5 though.

It's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a row, sure. That's just because your odds of beating a good team are often 50-55% at best. If it's 50%, you only have a 12.5% chance of winning 3 times. Once you've already won 2 in a row, is the 3rd game actually any harder to win? Like does winning the 1st 2 make the 3rd game harder? I could see an argument that winning the 1st 2 makes you even more likely to win the 3rd.
Ask the Jaguars how they feel about that. 14-3 all losses to the Titans

Gameday morning on nfl network hating on Henry. "Henry has struggled against top 10 rush defenses". Predictions Henry will have less than 120 yards. Haha I that 100 - 120 is a good game for a rb.

They 3 loving the rat birds

Gameday morning on nfl network hating on Henry. "Henry has struggled against top 10 rush defenses". Predictions Henry will have less than 120 yards. Haha I that 100 - 120 is a good game for a rb.

They 3 loving the rat birds
The weekend crew of GMFB sucks compared to the normal squad.

Allen and mahommes scare me. Lamar jacksons weak armed wobblers we can handle. Hes not going to stretch the field. They will run for a crap load yards and so will we. 31 to 27 titans. Big game for tannehill!

Alot has been said about beating the same team 3 times, its difficult yes, but not impossible.

We lost 11 in a row to Indy from Dec 2011 to November 2017

Our offense has to be at their best today... the defense needs to limit Jackson and at the very least play average.

Because I think our offense can overcome the D playing average, our D can't overcome our O playing average.

Titan the F Up!

Baltimore Ravens 30, Tennessee Titans 28
1:05 p.m. ET (ESPN/ABC) | Nissan Stadium (Nashville, Tenn.)

It should be obvious by now the Titans match up well with the Ravens. Tennessee can handle the physicality and diversity of Baltimore's defense. The Ravens' increasingly efficient but low-volume passing attack doesn't take full advantage of the Titans' biggest weaknesses in pass rush and pass coverage. The Titans prove they can hold on to a big lead against the Ravens last January and completed a double-digit comeback this November.

Baltimore's Week 11 loss to Tennessee proved to be the Ravens' low point. Instead of trying to hammer teams with interior runs, they adapted to a spread attack that emphasized Lamar Jackson and J.K. Dobbins on the edge. They have fewer tight ends on the field on early downs and more creativity with players like Devin Duvernay. The team's defensive resurgence may be more about the opponents and the offense holding the ball so long.

There is every reason to expect a shootout. The Titans aren't just bad on defense; they are ranked 28th in special teams DVOA. (The Ravens are second.) Ryan Tannehill is seemingly built to withstand vicious hits, blitzes and pressures. Derrick Henry, after 378 carries, appears indestructible and can victimize a Ravens front that's not as good as its reputation.

I'm picking the Ravens here because Jackson is still my choice as the best player on the field and I don't want to imagine another offseason of talking about his playoff struggles. But I don't understand the folks saying this matchup sets up well for the Ravens and I don't like the looks of Baltimore as the overwhelming consensus pick. That's underestimating the Titans -- and an offense that ranks with any in the NFL -- yet again.

Titans by 20+. Our crappy D will figure out a way to slow down the run enough to force Lamar to throw and he will have a bad game in the turnover column, 3 turnovers or more for Lamar. I think the Ravens still put some points on the board, but can't overcome the turnovers. Titans 48 Ravens 27

I think it is very important to score first today. The key to beating the ravens and the titans, is getting up on either team early, and making them throw the football. I want the ball first today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back