Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a row, sure. That's just because your odds of beating a good team are often 50-55% at best. If it's 50%, you only have a 12.5% chance of winning 3 times. Once you've already won 2 in a row, is the 3rd game actually any harder to win? Like does winning the 1st 2 make the 3rd game harder? I could see an argument that winning the 1st 2 makes you even more likely to win the 3rd.
This is called the gambler's fallacy. It's like in roulette, you always have a 50% chance of hitting red or black. If you hit red 3 times in a row, your chances of hitting red a 4th time are still 50%.
I understand that teams adjust and it is different than gambling. Is there any data to support the claim that it is more difficult to beat a team a 3rd time in a row? Andrew Luck sure didnt have trouble doing it to us.

This is called the gambler's fallacy. It's like in roulette, you always have a 50% chance of hitting red or black. If you hit red 3 times in a row, your chances of hitting red a 4th time are still 50%.
I understand that teams adjust and it is different than gambling. Is there any data to support the claim that it is more difficult to beat a team a 3rd time in a row? Andrew Luck sure didnt have trouble doing it to us.
Any given Sunday

Personally I like our chances

The Brewer to Covid-list worries me since Saffold has been playing hurt. I don't have a ton of faith in Douglas if he is called upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back