Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remarkable that we've beaten the Ravens (LJax) the past two times despite being the underdog and yet we're still heavily the underdog. Hope that all trends continue......

Watching Yannick Ngakoue against Quessenberry is going to be rough. Better get a stretcher, because Yan is going to beat his brains in with a rock.

Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee Titans, 1:05 p.m., ABC and ESPN

Line: Ravens -3 | Total: 55

Only two road teams are favored this weekend, and while Tampa Bay got that distinction thanks to Washington’s ineptitude, the Ravens (11-5) got there by looking nearly unbeatable over the season’s final five weeks.

Somewhat written off after a midseason lull, Baltimore took advantage of a soft schedule to get things right, winning five consecutive games with an aggregate score of 186-89. The formula was familiar, with the Ravens rushing for more than 230 yards in four of the five games, but it was clear that a fire had been set under quarterback Lamar Jackson, who largely recaptured the form that made him the N.F.L.’s most valuable player in 2019.

Tennessee’s offense is just as intimidating thanks to a formula not all that different from Baltimore’s. Running back Derrick Henry is a nearly unstoppable force — he became just the eighth N.F.L. player to rush for 2,000 yards in a season — and quarterback Ryan Tannehill makes teams pay for stacking the box with deep strikes to wide receiver A.J. Brown.

The Titans (11-5) are nowhere near as capable as Baltimore on defense, but making them underdogs at home ignores the fact that the Ravens haven’t had anything resembling a dominant win over a good team since Week 9. It is possible Baltimore would have had similar late-season success against any opponent, but running up the score against teams like Jacksonville and Cincinnati isn’t enough to support such a bold pick.

Pick:
Titans

Remarkable that we've beaten the Ravens (LJax) the past two times despite being the underdog and yet we're still heavily the underdog. Hope that all trends continue......

I think the media are placing way too much stock in the drubbing the titans got at lambeau Field.
Honestly the titans were never going to win that game, and the refs made sure that it wasn't close with pivotal shitty calls time after time.

when the Titans want to play and they feel disrespected they do what they did to the bills or the Indianapolis colts where they beat them by 25.
and just because the Houston Texans have like only three wins that doesn't detract from the fact that DeShaun Watson is a beast.

Yan is a lot better than our third string left tackle.

Oh well.. then we gonna lose. Yan has 8 sacks on the season. He is alright. Their defense isn’t our problem. In fact it’s the least of our worries. Not allowing LJ to beat us through the air is our problem. Our offense is one of the best in the NFL.

Oh well.. then we gonna lose. Yan has 8 sacks on the season. He is alright. Their defense isn’t our problem. In fact it’s the least of our worries. Not allowing LJ to beat us through the air is our problem. Our offense is one of the best in the NFL.
You drew a lot of conclusions from two sentences.

Only two road teams are favored this weekend, and while Tampa Bay got that distinction thanks to Washington’s ineptitude, the Ravens (11-5) got there by looking nearly unbeatable over the season’s final five weeks.

Somewhat written off after a midseason lull, Baltimore took advantage of a soft schedule to get things right, winning five consecutive games with an aggregate score of 186-89. The formula was familiar, with the Ravens rushing for more than 230 yards in four of the five games, but it was clear that a fire had been set under quarterback Lamar Jackson, who largely recaptured the form that made him the N.F.L.’s most valuable player in 2019.

Tennessee’s offense is just as intimidating thanks to a formula not all that different from Baltimore’s. Running back Derrick Henry is a nearly unstoppable force — he became just the eighth N.F.L. player to rush for 2,000 yards in a season — and quarterback Ryan Tannehill makes teams pay for stacking the box with deep strikes to wide receiver A.J. Brown.

The Titans (11-5) are nowhere near as capable as Baltimore on defense, but making them underdogs at home ignores the fact that the Ravens haven’t had anything resembling a dominant win over a good team since Week 9. It is possible Baltimore would have had similar late-season success against any opponent, but running up the score against teams like Jacksonville and Cincinnati isn’t enough to support such a bold pick.

Pick:
Titans

I think that's pretty spot on. I definitely think this could go either way but I'm not sure the ravens have done enough to warrant being road favorites over a team that has beaten them in Baltimore twice in a row.

Totally disagree with Jackson’s passing being our biggest worry. His weakness as a passer is why I think this is our best matchup. He is not a good passing qb, and we will take advantage of that.

Was just looking at the Ravens schedule. Maybe someone has already said this, but they have three wins against teams with winning records. They beat the Browns twice and the Colts. I feel pretty good about this game. I think it is the best matchup we could ask for in the wild card round.

Pick:
Titans
"MVP formula" last 5 games.
Dal - 107 yds 2/1
@cle - 163 yds 1/0
Jax - 243 yds 2/0
NYG - 183 yds 2/0
@cin - 113 yds 3/1

basically throw less than pedestrian and don't turn the ball over in the RZ.
You can see the world beaters of a schedule they had and quickly realize LJ being forced to throw is the easiest formula to beating the Ratbirds.

Totally disagree with Jackson’s passing being our biggest worry. His weakness as a passer is why I think this is our best matchup. He is not a good passing qb, and we will take advantage of that.

That’s precisely my point. If he were to have success passing the ball on Sunday we are in trouble. We know how to beat him. Make him throw.
Understand?

That’s precisely my point. If he were to have success passing the ball on Sunday we are in trouble. We know how to beat him. Make him throw.
Understand?

Sorry, didn’t read your post that way. Sounded like his throwing was what you feared the most. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back