Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need to duplicate them and he would still be worth the contract
What production would he have to put up for you to think he’s worth $25 mil/ year?

You’re already saying that either brown is outproducing $25 mil a year or that in Tennessee, he doesn’t need to produce that much to be worth $25 mil.

So I’m asking, where is that line for you?
At what production level would Brown not be worth $25 mil per year had he stayed in Tennessee?

Last edited by a moderator:
What production would he have to put up for you to think he’s worth $25 mil/ year?

You’re already saying that either brown is outproducing $25 mil a year or that in Tennessee, he doesn’t need to produce that much to be worth $25 mil.

So I’m asking, where is that line for you?
At what production level would Brown not be worth $25 mil per year had he stayed in Tennessee?
What he was already doing when he was here

Why anyone would think brown would duplicate his numbers in Philly while still in Tennessee is delusional.

It wasn’t only about the numbers. It was giving Tannehill someone that could bail him out at times, it was drawing double coverage to allow our JV receivers to make more plays, and more importantly it was to prevent opposing defenses from stacking 27 defenders on DH22

It wasn’t only about the numbers. It was giving Tannehill someone that could bail him out at times, it was drawing double coverage to allow our JV receivers to make more plays, and more importantly it was to prevent opposing defenses from stacking 27 defenders on DH22
Except Defenses did all that last year with Brown on the field.

The OL needs to improve for any WR to matter.

Why anyone would think brown would duplicate his numbers in Philly while still in Tennessee is delusional.
By your argument Titans should never invest high pick in a QB or sign a veteran like Brady or Rodgers, because we they won’t be used “enough”.
If you’re happy with 1930s style football and no championships then that’s your prerogative, but some of us want Titans to evolve to a modern day football team and you can’t do that by throwing away great talent.

By your argument Titans should never invest high pick in a QB or sign a veteran like Brady or Rodgers, because we they won’t be used “enough”.
If you’re happy with 1930s style football and no championships then that’s your prerogative, but some of us want Titans to evolve to a modern day football team and you can’t do that by throwing away great talent.
No, that’s not my logic.

A QB gets used no matter the offense including ours. THill isn’t the top dog in existence and will not be around forever.

You’re not the first, but I appreciate the conjecture that isn’t true.

And as far as “today’s offense” good luck and keep holding out. Titans have rotated through 5 HC, double that in OCs, a few GMs, and 2 owners.
The same offense has walked out their every week.

I’m guessing you expect to see what Andy Reid and Patricia Mahomes do but in two tone blue. A massive offensive overhaul needs to take place. That is almost no difference than what happened to the D changing from 4-3 to 3-4

AJ’s best year for us was 1,075 yds and 11 TDs. I have a LOT of confidence that Burks can do that for $2 mil instead of $25 mil.

Let’s not forget that the “net result” of the trade moved us up from 26 to 18 to get Burks (who would not have been there at 26) and gave us three more picks that we used on McCreary, NPF and Philips. That’s 4 players at premium positions on rookie deals for 4 years.

We had a two headed monster with Brown and Henry, and we hoped Tannehill could make it 2.5. Guys that can turn the tide with one play. Burks has not shown that electricity. There's no sense of danger. That gives you a realistic chance at a Superbowl run.

Now we are down to a 1 headed monster. And that to me, in a nutshell, is the difference.

We had a two headed monster with Brown and Henry, and we hoped Tannehill could make it 2.5. Guys that can turn the tide with one play. Burks has not shown that electricity. There's no sense of danger. That gives you a realistic chance at a Superbowl run.

Now we are down to a 1 headed monster. And that to me, in a nutshell, is the difference.
I disagree Burks can’t do that. Back to back weeks (when healthy) he made monster catches that kept the titans in the game at the time.
The deep 40+ yard contested catch against Cincy and his TD while getting knocked silly against Philly.

he needs to stay healthy which is a problem and DUI Downing needs to try getting him the ball more. That’s also a note to the OL to allow THill some time to do so.

I think the .5 you have THill is still accurate. Before the game was out of reach, he was still running for valuable yards but he does need to improve passing than what he’s been doing.

Truth! You could see it in the first few games AJ was different. Immediate impact and he was a standout from the get go. Burks not so much. Can he develop to be a stud like AJ? Don't know. But I think he more of Corey Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back