Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that’s not my logic.

A QB gets used no matter the offense including ours. THill isn’t the top dog in existence and will not be around forever.

You’re not the first, but I appreciate the conjecture that isn’t true.

And as far as “today’s offense” good luck and keep holding out. Titans have rotated through 5 HC, double that in OCs, a few GMs, and 2 owners.
The same offense has walked out their every week.

I’m guessing you expect to see what Andy Reid and Patricia Mahomes do but in two tone blue. A massive offensive overhaul needs to take place. That is almost no difference than what happened to the D changing from 4-3 to 3-4
So we don’t throw enough to warrant spending money on great receivers but it’s ok to spend money/draft capital on QBs to handoff to a RB? That’s some assbackwards logic…

We had a two headed monster with Brown and Henry, and we hoped Tannehill could make it 2.5. Guys that can turn the tide with one play. Burks has not shown that electricity. There's no sense of danger. That gives you a realistic chance at a Superbowl run.

Now we are down to a 1 headed monster. And that to me, in a nutshell, is the difference.
that 2nd head spent most of last year on the sideline whining he got hit a little hard

good fucking riddance

people need to get over him, seriously, AJderangementsyndrome over here

dude was a straight pus.sy and would be on the sideline making 20+mil if we paid him

TO levels of drama

Odd I could swear I saw him standing in the endzone yesterday making 20+mil… twice!

Funny how some people on here get a serious case of “the grapes are sour”.
funny how people think him in PHI is how he'd be here

truly out of touch

what ever are we going to do without those 5 whole TDs and just as many games on the sideline from last year

So we don’t throw enough to warrant spending money on great receivers but it’s ok to spend money/draft capital on QBs to handoff to a RB? That’s some assbackwards logic…
I’m sure you can even find the run to pass ratio for the team.

and no, I don’t think a lot of capital should be thrown on QB in this current offense but you can’t throw zero capital at it.
But for the sake of comparison, yes throw more at QB than WR but understand this style offense lives/dies with OL. Unfortunately QB also cost more than every other position.

what was spent on THill this season, was too much for what it appears that THill can offer. It doesn’t make sense to spend top dollar for top QB either.

if you want to change the entire offensive scheme, then there is a whole different set of spending that would take place but that also involves different coaches, none of which is happening any time soon.

I get it, you and a few others want the Mahomes and KC offense. That isn’t happening Tennessee.

The bright side is, that despite not being the same style or explosive offense, Tennessee, using their style offense, has beaten and can beat every other team out there. So all is not lost with the offensive style in Tennessee.
They do need some player replacements and I be an idiot not to think the OC is bad at a run first offense but that doesn’t require top dollar WR. If anything, top dollar WR is counterproductive to what the team is actually trying to do.

bottom line, you can’t have no QB. Willis is equal to none. Not a fan of first round QB, note the setbacks known as VY, Jake Locker, and Mariota but I would take a first round pick at cheaper than the perennial backups like cassel. Top QB that throw 600x are a waste in Tennessee unless it comes with an offensive shift in approach.

Odd I could swear I saw him standing in the endzone yesterday making 20+mil… twice!

Funny how some people on here get a serious case of “the grapes are sour”.
No way in hell we would get the same AJ Brown if we paid him....Hurts is far better for Brown than Tannehill was or ever will be

This. Sirianni plays to his team's strengths. We trade away our teams strength because we won't adapt the system.
Vrabel and Downing don’t have anything or at least little to do with trading anyone.

Sirianni plays to the strengths of his roster. High investments on Hurts, Devonta Smith, and then trading for Brown. It’s a wise move although not really a fan of hurts.
Imagine if Tennessee invested high picks in a QB, 3 1st/2nd Round WR, and some 1st round OL. They still play call to run Henry (or Murray when mariota was drafted). It’s almost as if it doesn’t matter what weapons they have outside of a RB, they’re not using them.

Sirianni and Steichen are far better for brown than Vrabel and Downing.

I don’t think THill was the problem often.
Hmm disagree, was it Vrabel and Downing crumbling in the playoffs. Don't think it was them staring down targets, forcing the ball into double coverage, throwing ints or fumbling. Tammy isn't good and he stole millions! All he did was ride DH's jock.

Hmm disagree, was it Vrabel and Downing crumbling in the playoffs. Don't think it was them staring down targets, forcing the ball into double coverage, throwing ints or fumbling. Tammy isn't good and he stole millions! All he did was ride DH's jock.
While I’m not going to defend THill’s absolutely pi$$ poor performance, he didn’t call a screen pass after monster runs, to the #5 ish WR (however low Rogers was) or basically NOT AJ Brown.

Edit: and I Agree, the contract THill has currently is pretty damned ridiculous. A big reason why JRob can’t sign any OL right now. That’s on JRob,

Vrabel and Downing don’t have anything or at least little to do with trading anyone.
no but they refuse to use their talent if it doesn't fit with stupid smash mouth football which has been useless for at least a decade. Drafted Corey Davis 5th overall? Still ran the most in the NFL. Had AJ brown? still ran the most in the NFL. Had jonnu smith? still ran the most in the NFL. Added Julio Jones? still ran the most in the NFL.

Meanwhile the Eagles last year ran an obscene amount, got absolutely throttled in the playoffs, realized that being a run first team isn't a viable option. Retooled, modernised the offense and now they're the best team in the NFL.

Meanwhile we're pounding henry into loaded fronts 30 times a game for 60 yards.

No it's Hurts.... Tannehill is average at best
T17 around top 10 - easily meaning well above average. Has sadly regressed under Captain Dowing Syndrome though... of course whole O has.... but that dont take away from T17 ability

most games he does plenty to give team a chance at a W... in the limited chances the O provides. Loss vs eegles was not on T17

and T17 will play thru any injury that is playable... been playing last few weeks on ankle that aint 100% as a for instance

T17 around top 10 - easily meaning well above average. Has sadly regressed under Captain Dowing Syndrome though... of course whole O has.... but that dont take away from T17 ability

most games he does plenty to give team a chance at a W... in the limited chances the O provides. Loss vs eegles was not on T17

and T17 will play thru any injury that is playable... been playing last few weeks on ankle that aint 100% as a for instance

FACTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back