Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I originally saw us move up, I thought we moved up to 18 and probably savaged our future in order to do so. Never did I think it would be part of an AJ Brown trade.

At first as ticked off about this trade, then I was accepting of it, and now I'm glad we did it. Brown was not going to sign here after is Man crush with Hurts took off. Dude is a great player but he has the signs of Antonio Brown in the making. Just watch what happens now he has his contract. The fact he goes on Twitter and says "Not my fault" hours after the trade then deletes it says everything I need to know. Just go watch the Hurts clip he posted showing how much he was cheering for this trade. It's evident Brown wanted this outcome and he got it.

Dude got offered top 5 WR money from his current team that would of been a super bowl contender then spit in their face and said no I want to top 3 money! The best he had produced to date is around the number 10-15 receiver in the league and he never played a full season!

So yea man just admit you got gready and 20 mil wasn't enough and you wanted 25. GTFO with that crap....you thought Tanny was bad, just wait for Jalen air mailing the ball next time you cross the middle as the safety comes to lay the wood. Good riddance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, BS! WRs are plentiful. Just because we can’t find any good ones doesn’t mean the league isn’t riddled with high quality WRs. The list of “elite” WRs is over twice as long as the list of “elite” QBs.

Ridiculous statement. There’s a reason the top WR is paid $30 million a year. It’s not because there’s plenty of them.

Ridiculous statement. There’s a reason the top WR is paid $30 million a year. It’s not because there’s plenty of them.
Okay. Do it. Make a list of “elite” QBs vs “elite” WRs. The reason the price is high is because salary cap is going up. Prove me wrong.

Okay. Do it. Make a list of “elite” QBs vs “elite” WRs. The reason the price is high is because salary cap is going up. Prove me wrong.

No one said there aren’t more elite WR’s than QB’s. Only 1 starting QB per team vs 3 WR’s

You’re statement that elite WT’s are plentiful is flat out wrong.

Salary cap is going up but yet no RB is making $39 million per year…

No one said there aren’t more elite WR’s than QB’s. Only 1 starting QB per team vs 3 WR’s

You did. Quit being obtuse.

Didn’t he do pretty good in 2019 with an all new set of starters? A rookie AJ Brown right? AFC Championship Game?

yah well he’s 3 years older now - and apparently nothing like he was when he first got to the Titans. Let’s face it - he wasn’t good last year. Blame the coordinator or whatever but he isn’t getting younger. This could be the decline. Now start over with a rookie WR and a vet coming off a acl tear and then nothing else after that.

Guess you must have loved the days of starting WRs like Corey Davis, Darius Jennings, Eric Decker, Harry Douglas, Kendall Wright, etc.

We FINALLY had a LEGIT STUD #1 WR and went the cheap route ala the Fisher days.

Legit Stud? Never played a full season, never eclipsed 1k yards.

Not doubting he was the Titans best receiver in a long long time. But $25m for 900 yards and 7 TDs isn't winning you any Superbowls.

Finding elite WR’s is very difficult. A lot like a QB, you don’t trade them when you find them.

I think we could have gotten much more in return had we made him available before the draft. But with how quick the Eagles had the extension lined up I think the Titans and Eagles had this deal in place before draft night. If Burks was there at pick 18 they make the deal, if he wasn’t it’s no deal.
You said finding an elite WR is as difficult as finding an elite QB. That is wrong. It’s up to you to prove your point.

The WR is blowing up because the NFL works by 1upping the last contract. It's stupid and it's gotten to the point that WRs are now making what QBs were just a few years ago.

If Hill and Adams didn't jump up 7-10m above all the others, AJ Browns value would be about 15m/year. Those contracts shot the market way up just because of the stupidity of how NFL teams/players/agents do deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back