Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the NFL draft trade chart AJ was traded for 996 points in picks. By comparison, Devante Adams was traded for 1,150 points and Tyreek Hill for 1,127 points. AJ is solid, but his number don’t really come close to those guys.

So amusing story.

I work at a boarding school in China. I had a class at 8:20 local time. That's it for me for Friday.

So I went to my desk, fired up my nfl game pass stream, and watched the draft. Went to the gym for our daily covid test, watching the whole time.

The head of HR messages me, asking me to come to her office and sign my new contract. I do, with one earbud in and watching on my phone.

The AJ brown trade happened while I was in her office. I shouted "what?! Oh my God!?"

She whips around, and says "what?!"

Had to cover a bit on that one.

So amusing story.

I work at a boarding school in China. I had a class at 8:20 local time. That's it for me for Friday.

So I went to my desk, fired up my nfl game pass stream, and watched the draft. Went to the gym for our daily covid test, watching the whole time.

The head of HR messages me, asking me to come to her office and sign my new contract. I do, with one earbud in and watching on my phone.

The AJ brown trade happened while I was in her office. I shouted "what?! Oh my God!?"

She whips around, and says "what?!"

Had to cover a bit on that one.
Did you get 100m 4 year contract too?

It still feels like the Titans underpaid and Philly fleeced us. Didn’t even get a future #1. Instead the 18th pick and then not even a top 100 to go along with it???

Burks may be his clone down the line but he showed up to the combine out of shape (he’s a cheeseburger or two away from being a TE), tested poorly at every single drill and is not a polished route runner at all by all accounts.

This team did not get better for 2022 - instead moving backwards.

if anything they should draft a QB now because you miswell start over younger next year.

Willis or Ridder will be the next pick. The biggest hole left OL and no one worth taking their @ 35.

It still feels like the Titans underpaid and Philly fleeced us. Didn’t even get a future #1. Instead the 18th pick and then not even a top 100 to go along with it???

Burks may be his clone down the line but he showed up to the combine out of shape (he’s a cheeseburger or two away from being a TE), tested poorly at every single drill and is not a polished route runner at all by all accounts.

This team did not get better for 2022 - instead moving backwards.

if anything they should draft a QB now because you miswell start over younger next year.

Willis or Ridder will be the next pick. The biggest hole left OL and no one worth taking their @ 35.

Willis or Corral. I'll be thrilled if we do that.

The trade still doesn’t make sense to me, I get you risk letting Brown walk for nothing next year but our championship window is now and there isn’t a lot of time left. Henry might be starting to wear down, Tanny is developing early stages of noodle arm syndrome, and the Julio Jones experiment was a dud. You make this kind of business decision when your team is stuck in mediocrity. When your team was the #1 seed last year, you run it back and go all in even if it means having to blow the team up after winning a championship.

The trade still doesn’t make sense to me, I get you risk letting Brown walk for nothing next year but our championship window is now and there isn’t a lot of time left. Henry might be starting to wear down, Tanny is developing early stages of noodle arm syndrome, and the Julio Jones experiment was a dud. You make this kind of business decision when your team is stuck in mediocrity. When your team was the #1 seed last year, you run it back and go all in even if it means having to blow the team up after winning a championship.
This is a move that allows you to semi transition out of the tannehill window while having money to keep a majority of this defense in tact, guys like Simmons and hopefully not to far down the line of hooker,fulton,Farley, molden are gonna need to get paid. Spending 25 million on a guy who averages 66 ypg in his career in an offense that’s centered around Henry and defense is non sensical. In fact, aj made his bed when he refused to negotiate after Tennessee initial offer of 20 million a year. No better time to do this while Houston/Jacksonville still don’t have a clue allowing you to semi rebuild while staying in the division race

There’s No championship window with Tannehill at QB. Playoff window sounds more like it

We are transitioning from what to what. Not even Singletary knows what we are. The goal should have been to remove Tannehill and open up a Superbowl Window. Now we are moving from mediocrity into a window where we have to replace every skill position. It's backwards. Not a fan. We can't even delude ourselves anymore like last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are transitioning from what to what. Not even Singletary knows what we are. The goal should have been to remove Tannehill and open up a Superbowl Window. Now we are moving from mediocrity into a window where we have to replace every skill position. It's backwards. Not a fan. We can't even delude ourselves anymore like last year.
Then what do you do ? Pay aj 25 million for a guy who averages 66 yards a game in his career and the offense is revolves around the o line and running the football while you bleed out the defense and watch big Jeff etc walk? Aj wasn’t taking anything less than 25 mil and tbe titans weren’t offering more than 20(which is reasonable)

the 5 highest paid wr
Hill,adams,Hopkins, BROWN, diggs….one is not like the other

I will be disappointed if willis or corall is there at 35 and we don't take a swing.

The tanehill experiment is over in my opinion. It's time to begin a new Era.

Few points. This thread as good as any.

1. This was an average trade. A little undervalued on our part, A 1st and a second this or next year for AJB was my target.
  2. We had no choice but to trade AJB- the market forced it. I don't fault AJB or JRob.
  3. Average GM'smanship here. JRob guided deftly and got what he could for AJB and our #26 pick. But he put us here with how Julio Jones worked out and the Tannehill and Dupree contract. So I'm neutral on these moves- they were necessary.
  4. We need OL bad. Taylor Lewan's contract over-inflated and he's underperforming. We've got a lot of picks so in range for quality OL help.
  5. I like Corral if he's there, we grab him.
  6. We'll be OK this next year as long as DH22 not overused. We need a power running RB.
  7. Exercising the 5th year Simmons important move to buy us time to see what happens in TC. Somebody else with a big contract is going to get moved or cut.
  8. Preds are in the playoffs and playing well against the best teams at end of regular season. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back