Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding elite WR’s is very difficult. A lot like a QB, you don’t trade them when you find them.

I think we could have gotten much more in return had we made him available before the draft. But with how quick the Eagles had the extension lined up I think the Titans and Eagles had this deal in place before draft night. If Burks was there at pick 18 they make the deal, if he wasn’t it’s no deal.
Oh, BS! WRs are plentiful. Just because we can’t find any good ones doesn’t mean the league isn’t riddled with high quality WRs. The list of “elite” WRs is over twice as long as the list of “elite” QBs.

I'm sure he was being shopped before the draft. Or maybe AJ told them today he wasn't showing up to play. Who knows. Doesn't change the fact that the Titans couldn't afford 25mil/year.

The Titans had to make a business decision when AJ made his. He's now the 4th highest paid WR in the league. Good for him. But I certainly can't blame Jrob/Titans for not writing that check. And look around the league...other teams are also scoffing at these huge WR contracts.

Its just stupid to pay these contracts to a position that is deep as hell in the draft every single year.

Philly has Smith, goedert, and now the 4th highest paid in the league aj brown? With hurts at qb? Dumb. They'll regret it.

Well he should of played for free then. Players love to throw out the whole "it's business", this was business.

Guess you must have loved the days of starting WRs like Corey Davis, Darius Jennings, Eric Decker, Harry Douglas, Kendall Wright, etc.

We FINALLY had a LEGIT STUD #1 WR and went the cheap route ala the Fisher days.

I think JRob pegged his value correctly but it’s just wild to me he’s willing to over pay on Tannehill but not AJB lol

Tannehills contract has been very reasonable. Compare his deal to say, kirk cousins.

Now it gets worse in coming years, but he won't ever see those.

Guess you must have loved the days of starting WRs like Corey Davis, Darius Jennings, Eric Decker, Harry Douglas, Kendall Wright, etc.

I get this in a way, because our wrs have been bad for a long time. But, no wr is worth 25m in our o, none. Aj is hurt all the time and started his little diva bs. We don't need that, especially for 25m. Now if he would've signed for less than 20 with the eagles, I'd be upset too

I get this in a way, because our wrs have been bad for a long time. But, no wr is worth 25m in our o, none. Aj is hurt all the time and started his little diva bs. We don't need that, especially for 25m. Now if he would've signed for less than 20 with the eagles, I'd be upset too

Yep. Would have been a stupid stupid move.

The wr market will come back to earth when a lot of these moves don't work out.

Burks looks like an aj clone anyway. We used a second on him, got three good years, a first we used to replace him, and a free third. Nicely done IMHO.

I was replying to the fact that Byard was pissed AJ was traded. AJ was good but not a stud. Hell Henry went down and AJ still didnt break 1000 yards, he's hurt a lot. Has suicidal tendencies, depression, and his knees are degrading. He lets people on Twitter trigger him

Saying we don't pass enough for AJ brown to be worth it is dumb. We don't pass enough because we are stuck in the past and think running until it pops is smart. It's not.

Its just stupid to pay these contracts to a position that is deep as hell in the draft every single year.

Philly has Smith, goedert, and now the 4th highest paid in the league aj brown? With hurts at qb? Dumb. They'll regret it.

Alot of weapons for a qb that cant really throw, certainly no excuses for them now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back