Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a smart trade.

I loved aj... But100 mil, 57 guaranteed, for a WR who has never played a complete season? Who talks crazy shit like playing baseball?

Nah man. I think the smart teams will be drafting WR in the top 3 rounds every year, and letting them walk.

Look at it this way... We could keep AJ, or Simmons.

Jrob made the right call. And I will trust that he got the best return he could. I would have hoped for a second too, but it seems it wasnt there.

The fact that the Eagles already had a deal in place for AJ means this was already agreed upon if Burks was there at 18. It also means the Titans couldn’t get a better deal for AJ.

The homers on Titans twitter etc. must be absolutely ****ting themselves right now after all the scoffing they did at the mere notion we'd trade AJ.

Writing was on the wall. There was way too much smoke there and he let the world know that it was over with his temper tantrums on twitter.

Honestly, this is a good move. His body is going to breakdown soon, if his mind doesn't first.
The Titans Reddit page is like that too. I'm sure most are on suicide watch by now.

It’ll be interesting to learn more details about this. Were Vrabel and JRob both ok with this?

JRob isn’t scared to take risks but this one may end his time here if he isn’t correct. I’ve been a supporter of his and still am, but man he better be correct on this.

I think the dude was done with us and we flipped to "get what you can" mode. Which is probably the right move given the circumstances. Hopefully Burks is good.

I have a feeling if we had not given him a 25mil contract he would have sat out this season. We really had no choice but to trade him.

It’ll be interesting to learn more details about this. Were Vrabel and JRob both ok with this?

JRob isn’t scared to take risks but this one may end his time here if he isn’t correct. I’ve been a supporter of his and still am, but man he better be correct on this.

End his time in TN for trading a disgruntled player they couldn't possibly pay 25mil+/yr? Doubtful. The trade was about getting something for AJ because the Titans weren't paying him 25mil a year. Had to strike while the iron was hot. Turned a 2nd rounder into a couple of good seasons and a first round pick..

I just looked and 5 WRs currently make 20mil/year with 4 making 4-10mil/year more. If AJ settled for 20 he'd be a Titan. But I can also understand his side knowing 5m a year for the next 4 years was out there waiting. Can't blame either side.

To anyone hating this, I'm willing to bet any dollar amount up to $100 that the Titans will have a better record than the Eagles. Any takers?

End his time in TN for trading a disgruntled player they couldn't possibly pay 25mil+/yr? Doubtful. The trade was about getting something for AJ because the Titans weren't paying him 25mil a year. Had to strike while the iron was hot. Turned a 2nd rounder into a couple of good seasons and a first round pick..

I just looked and 5 WRs currently make 20mil/year with 4 making 4-10mil/year more. If AJ settled for 20 he'd be a Titan. But I can also understand his side knowing 5m a year for the next 4 years was out there waiting. Can't blame either side.

Finding elite WR’s is very difficult. A lot like a QB, you don’t trade them when you find them.

I think we could have gotten much more in return had we made him available before the draft. But with how quick the Eagles had the extension lined up I think the Titans and Eagles had this deal in place before draft night. If Burks was there at pick 18 they make the deal, if he wasn’t it’s no deal.

I don't expect we will but I'd like to see us trade out of the 1st round at 26 and pick up some extra picks for 2022.

But part of me feels like we're gonna go Desmond Ridder at 26.

After they got fleeced for AJ
FReo12sWYAAN0bm

Finding elite WR’s is very difficult. A lot like a QB, you don’t trade them when you find them.

I think we could have gotten much more in return had we made him available before the draft. But with how quick the Eagles had the extension lined up I think the Titans and Eagles had this deal in place before draft night. If Burks was there at pick 18 they make the deal, if he wasn’t it’s no deal.
I'm sure he was being shopped before the draft. Or maybe AJ told them today he wasn't showing up to play. Who knows. Doesn't change the fact that the Titans couldn't afford 25mil/year.

The Titans had to make a business decision when AJ made his. He's now the 4th highest paid WR in the league. Good for him. But I certainly can't blame Jrob/Titans for not writing that check. And look around the league...other teams are also scoffing at these huge WR contracts.

We had no choice but to trade him. He's not worth 25m, period and he started acting like a kid. Git Burks, a 3rd and just saved about 20m a year. Good deal imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back