Not open for further replies.
Some trade possibilities I'd like to see financially doable

WR
Julio Jones
Jamison Crowder

TE
Zach Ertz
OJ Howard

Julio won't be available until 6/1 at which point the Falcons can cut him and save 15 mil off they're cap this year. I doubt anyone trades for him before that but if he can renegotiate to some kind of three year deal the. I wouldn't mind trading for him. Otherwise I'd just wait until he's dropped to grab him.

In the mean time we need to restructure some people to get some flexibility even without adding anyone. We need to get creative with a pass rusher deal as well.

I'd also add Hunter Hurst and Drew Lock on the list of potential trade candidates as the off-season winds down. Both would cost less then 5 mil on the roster and would fortify our depth at TE and QB with some kind of upside.

Some trade possibilities I'd like to see financially doable

WR
Julio Jones
Jamison Crowder

TE
Zach Ertz
OJ Howard

Crowder, Ertz, and Howard are all UFA after this yr....so unless you want to sign them to some lucrative extension they are 1 and done types.....I like Julio with 3 yrs left and after this yr just 11.5 mil per yr for the next 2 yrs

Crowder, Ertz, and Howard are all UFA after this yr....so unless you want to sign them to some lucrative extension they are 1 and done types.....I like Julio with 3 yrs left and after this yr just 11.5 mil per yr for the next 2 yrs
Not sure why the extensions for Crowder, Ertz or Howard would have to be lucrative?

I'd really like to see us restructure Tannehill. Only then can we discuss any future moves or trades. Right now we simply don't have the cap space.

Julio won't be available until 6/1 at which point the Falcons can cut him and save 15 mil off they're cap this year. I doubt anyone trades for him before that but if he can renegotiate to some kind of three year deal the. I wouldn't mind trading for him. Otherwise I'd just wait until he's dropped to grab him.

In the mean time we need to restructure some people to get some flexibility even without adding anyone. We need to get creative with a pass rusher deal as well.

I'd also add Hunter Hurst and Drew Lock on the list of potential trade candidates as the off-season winds down. Both would cost less then 5 mil on the roster and would fortify our depth at TE and QB with some kind of upside.

Per OTC.....if the Falcons cut Julio after June 1 he counts for 25 mil in dead money and costs them 2mil ...so no cap savings....this is because his 15mil base salary in 2021 is fully guaranteed. So they need to trade him and pass that 15 mil on to the new team and then Julio only counts 7mil is dead cap and saves them 15mil

Per OTC.....if the Falcons cut Julio after June 1 he counts for 25 mil in dead money and costs them 2mil ...so no cap savings....this is because his 15mil base salary in 2021 is fully guaranteed. So they need to trade him and pass that 15 mil on to the new team and then Julio only counts 7mil is dead cap and saves them 15mil
This is why he may well be a Falcon this season.

Y'all keep bringing up Dede..

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports "several" teams are interested in free agent WR Dede Westbrook.
Fowler didn't name any teams pursuing Westbrook, though we can assume they are among the NFL's neediest at wide receiver. Westbrook, 27, had back-to-back 66-catch seasons for Jacksonville in 2018 and 2019 before suffering a season-ending knee injury in October 2020. In 2019, he was second on the team with 101 targets. Westbrook could be a serviceable starter if he's fully recovered from his 2020 knee injury.

I would like to add at least one more body on the D-line. If Simmons or Autry go down, there's not much behind them at all. Obviously there's also a need at WR. Not many TEs out there to sign TBH.

Some players I would like us to sign to team friendly deals (not saying sign them all).

- Ryan Kerrigan
- Justin Houston
- Kawaan Short
- Kenny Stills
- Olivier Vernon
- Sheldon Richardson

Y'all keep bringing up Dede..

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports "several" teams are interested in free agent WR Dede Westbrook.
Fowler didn't name any teams pursuing Westbrook, though we can assume they are among the NFL's neediest at wide receiver. Westbrook, 27, had back-to-back 66-catch seasons for Jacksonville in 2018 and 2019 before suffering a season-ending knee injury in October 2020. In 2019, he was second on the team with 101 targets. Westbrook could be a serviceable starter if he's fully recovered from his 2020 knee injury.
Well we know JRob loves the injured guys. Good chance we are talking to him.

I would like to add at least one more body on the D-line. If Simmons or Autry go down, there's not much behind them at all. Obviously there's also a need at WR. Not many TEs out there to sign TBH.

Some players I would like us to sign to team friendly deals (not saying sign them all).

- Ryan Kerrigan
- Justin Houston
- Kawaan Short
- Kenny Stills
- Olivier Vernon
- Sheldon Richardson

I want Houston or Kerrigan so bad. They match up so well with our needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back