Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
dg1979us said:
Yeah, I am sure Richard Seymour would suck anywhere but NE, and Bruschi, Vrabel, and McGinest too.

I will guarantee you that Bruschi and Vrabel would be very average players on any other team than the Patriots. Which I also believe the Broncos demonstrated very well. Seymour though is top notch player no question.

dg1979us said:
Thats exactly my point you can be successful running our style of defense, but you have to have the players to run any defense in the NFL. We dont have the players

Gee, maybe instead of waiting 10 years to have the right players for your system, you should your system? Or is that impossible?

And for rcarie, if Schwartz isn't in charge of defence why is he on the staff? Why do we have a defensive coordinator, if he doesn't do anything? Seems like a waste of money to me...

Besides nobody is saying Fisher isn't to blame. He is very much to blame for letting Schwartz stay for so long.

Jwill1919 said:
A cover 2 doesn't mean you play soft zone or not blitz, it just means you have safety help over the halves. There are philosophical differences between a Tampa 2 and this bush-league bend-then-break soft zone that Schwartz implements. a cover 2 blitz is one of the easiest to bring because you still have your corners and safeties in the right spots, now you're just opening up the underneath, that isn't what we do.

I know this, but a cover 2 isnt an overly aggressive defense, like ours isnt an overly aggressive defense. My point being, Everybody is on Schwartz for not being agrressive, to to run an overly agressive D you have to have playmakers who can cover one one one, and you have to have guys to really pressure the QB. We have neither.

Vigsted said:
I will guarantee you that Bruschi and Vrabel would be very average players on any other team than the Patriots. Which I also believe the Broncos demonstrated very well. Seymour though is top notch player no question.

Gee, maybe instead of waiting 10 years to have the right players for your system, you should your system? Or is that impossible?

And for rcarie, if Schwartz isn't in charge of defence why is he on the staff? Why do we have a defensive coordinator, if he doesn't do anything? Seems like a waste of money to me...

Besides nobody is saying Fisher isn't to blame. He is very much to blame for letting Schwartz stay for so long.

Why do players make such big salaries if only coaches matter? Its amazing to me that you guys think we have quality talent on Defense.

What in the world makes you think Vrable and Bruschi would be average players in any other system? Vrabel is a great athlete and Bruschi is smart and tough as they get at that position.

dg1979us said:
Pac Man is not going to be a tackler at any point, he is too small, he is going to have to rely on his cover skills and that takes a year or two for most any young corner.

Bob Sanders, Mike Doss, Antoine Winfield, Corey Chavious, Troy Polamalu, I could go on....tackling and defense is ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE.

Jwill1919 said:
Bob Sanders, Mike Doss, Antoine Winfield, Corey Chavious, Troy Polamalu, I could go on....tackling and defense is ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE.

Dude, most of those guys are safeties and have 20-25 pounds on Pac man. Dont try to sell me that pac man is as physical as sanders or polamolu or doss. Pac Man is going to be more in the Deion sanders mold than the Ty law mold.

dg1979us said:
No, I suggest getting good players on the defensive side of the ball. How in the world do you think we have the players on our defense to do what the steelers did yesterday?

So we'll keep drafting high defensively, and keep waiting on them to do something, because Schwartz doesn't know how to get the most out of his players, lest develop them or change his philosophy to suit his players better.

Jwill1919 said:
So we'll keep drafting high defensively, and keep waiting on them to do something, because Schwartz doesn't know how to get the most out of his players, lest develop them or change his philosophy to suit his players better.

Or maybe Reese has had ****ty drafts recently. Ya know, it is possible to not draft well. Im sure Peter Sirmon or Brad Kassell and there 5.2 speed would be real successful blitzing all day, yeah thats it. Or we could blitz Bulluck all day and taking out of coverage which is one of the top strengths of his game.

rcarie said:
You can talk about the attitude of the D being that of a girl, and you'd be right, but it is that way for the entire team not just the D.

If the attitude was that of a girl, they would have been a lot tougher and nastier. In truth, they had the attitude of a MAN!

Girls rock and can get down and dirty, just ask dude who got shanked in the knee up in Indy.:irked:

dg1979us said:
Why do players make such big salaries if only coaches matter? Its amazing to me that you guys think we have quality talent on Defense.

What in the world makes you think Vrable and Bruschi would be average players in any other system? Vrabel is a great athlete and Bruschi is smart and tough as they get at that position.

Again you're skirting the real issue. Why doesn't Schwartz adjust his system to account for the players he does have available?

And about Bruschi and Vrabel: If you watch them play, and then you watch a guy like Brian Urlacher, Donnie Edwards or Derrick Brooks to name a few you'll notice there's a big difference in their skill and athletic level.

Vigsted said:
Again you're skirting the real issue. Why doesn't Schwartz adjust his system to account for the players he does have available?

And about Bruschi and Vrabel: If you watch them play, and then you watch a guy like Brian Urlacher, Donnie Edwards or Derrick Brooks to name a few you'll notice there's a big difference in their skill and athletic level.

I didnt say they were at that level, but our LBs arent even on Vrabel or Bruschi's level. And what system do you want to run, all i keep hearing is more pressure but I have yet to get an answer of who on our defense is supposed to supply this pressure.

Vigsted said:
you mean like stop putting tank in deep zone and lamont on the line of scrimmage? BRILLIANT!

rcarie said:
It's funny, last night on channel 5 news they had a pannel of local sports broadcasters and print journalist (6 all together) get together to discuss the problems with the Titans and not one person mentioned anything about Schwartz. The emphasis was on Fisher, as it should be.

If George Plaster was involved that was no "panel of experts"

but seriously, they have taken a few subtle shots at Dehr Schwartzie recently, and no I did not watch that gob job on channel 5.

dg1979us said:
And I am not sure what strategy you guys want Schwartz to take.

I know you do not think's that its the coaches job to coach and teach this but maybe we can start with....well....tackling. Just basic tackling. If our D tackled well I don't think I would be nearly as critical. If you get beat while doing the fundamentals, oh well. The other team is better. I don't feel that I our defense played as well as they could.

I also don't believe the offense played as well but there is something about Chow that leads me to believe that will change. For one, he will tell the players what they are doing wrong and what he expects. Two, they will listen. Three, they won't forget from the lockeroom to field and from week to week.

Just me two cents

MsTitan said:
I also don't believe the offense played as well but there is something about Chow that leads me to believe that will change. For one, he will tell the players what they are doing wrong and what he expects. Two, they will listen. Three, they won't forget from the lockeroom to field and from week to week.
Is that why we didn't have a single 100 yard game from any reciever or rudsher during the entire season. Even Schwartzie has never pulled anything off that was that pitiful. I hope your right about him improving cause our offense was, without question, that worst I have seen from a pro team in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back