Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
rcarie said:
Oh Well, we'll just have to hope for the best... My opinion is that Schwartz, along with the entire defensive coaching staff, didn't get what they could've out of their players. I feel the same about Chow and the O. Which takes us to Fisher not doing his job. I think we can agree that the team certainly didn't play as well as they should but I think we just have some diferent reasoning behind why we were what we were.

We stunk and it's frustrating... It's easy to point fingers when you stink this bad.

We are in total agreement now.

dg1979us said:
Your comparing a guy taken as the #1 overall pick who was injured much of his time in cleveland, with a mid round pick that got cut by a worthless bengal team? You think thats a fair assessment. And Warren was the #3 overall pick and was a decent run stopper in cleveland, you surround him with better talent and of course he looks a lot better.

I wasn't making any direct comparisons. I was just saying Denver took Courtney Brown, Ebenezer Ekuban, Michael Myers and Gerard Warren from Cleveland where they weren't performing and put them in a scheme and rotation that made them into a really solid line.

dg1979us said:
Oh yeah, our defense is no where near as talented as the pats, no where near. And when the pats did have all those injuries they were a .500 team giving up 40 points at home to the colts and chargers, so dont act like they were a good defense when they had all those injuries, they werent.

Trust me, If Schwartz was New England's DC they wouldn't have any good players either. Good coaches take guys with basic skills and MAKE them great players. Coaching can work wonders.

Back to Chow. I am not giving him a pass. If after his 2nd season he doesn't show improvement then he needs to get the ax as well. However, I could very well be wrong but I saw the offense getting better. I firmly believe he is going to fix those mistakes. The wonderkid has had three years.

guess what is not ringing?

SIMPSON-homer-simpson-talking-animated-phone.jpg

yeah ammazingly after his Francofile D has surrendered 25+ for two straight seasons apparently Dehr Schwartzie's phone is not ringing.

MsTitan said:
Trust me, If Schwartz was New England's DC they wouldn't have any good players either. Good coaches take guys with basic skills and MAKE them great players. Coaching can work wonders.

Yeah, I am sure Richard Seymour would suck anywhere but NE, and Bruschi, Vrabel, and McGinest too. Give it a break, name one player on our defense as good as any of those guys. You act like Schwartz should make garbage men into superbowl champions, but the players win games more than coaches do, and NE has a hell of a lot of them.

GoT said:
guess what is not ringing?

SIMPSON-homer-simpson-talking-animated-phone.jpg

yeah ammazingly after his Francofile D has surrendered 25+ for two straight seasons apparently Dehr Schwartzie's phone is not ringing.

Apparently your a Schwartz hater too, so where do you see the talent on this defense that should supposedly resemble Denver and NE and the other teams people on this thread have compared them too? Just curious.

my problem with Schwartzie is he has feminized the D.

Titan D used to put fear and a facemask into the O.

Under Schwartzie the only thing the Titan D puts on is lingere and heels.

He has totally sissified the D with his MoneyBall SuperGenuis D crap. D is about attitude - ATTACK, ATTACK, and ATTACK. Schwartzie runs D like the O was holding kryptonite instead of a football.

basically since Fisher found Schwartz scrounging around the video room the D has become all Ghandi like in its approach and it sucks to watch a prefectly good attitude being destroyed.

Whats was Schwartz's game plan for Indy? Rush 4 and play soft zone that gets picked apart, but according to boy genuis you cant Blitz Payton, but what did the Chargers and the Steelers do? What happened? They won.

Maybe I should post this someplace else but. 4-12 is 4-12 and the yougest team in the nfl really shouldn't be used as an excuse. The positive though is other than 4 games we were very competitive in. If we can make improvement and add some players at some key positions that were our worst we will be right in the thick of things in no time at all. Which brings us to Safety. I know there are several areas that need addressed, but this is definetly a major one . Lamont got cut by the Bengals when they were still bad. Tank showed alot of promise his rookie year and was pretty good before his injury, but last year was another story. Tank and Lamont never seemed to make plays and were caught out of position alot.

GoT said:
my problem with Schwartzie is he has feminized the D.

Titan D used to put fear and a facemask into the O.

Under Schwartzie the only thing the Titan D puts on is lingere and heels.

He has totally sissified the D with his MoneyBall SuperGenuis D crap. D is about attitude - ATTACK, ATTACK, and ATTACK. Schwartzie runs D like the O was holding kryptonite instead of a football.

basically since Fisher found Schwartz scrounging around the video room the D has become all Ghandi like in its approach and it sucks to watch a prefectly good attitude being destroyed.

SO youd rather him blitz and leave our rookie corners to get eaten up more than they already were? You do realize the Bucs won the superbowl with a Cover 2, and the bears had the top d in the league with a cover 2, which is similar to what we run. You cant attack attack attack if you dont have corner who can cover one on one or if you dont have pass rushers to really pressure the passer. Vanden Bosch is a good pass rusher, nobody else on our team was, and I am clueless to who which corners you want to sit out there one on one with marvin harrison or reggie wayne.

super_titan said:
Whats was Schwartz's game plan for Indy? Rush 4 and play soft zone that gets picked apart, but according to boy genuis you cant Blitz Payton, but what did the Chargers and the Steelers do? What happened? They won.

Name one player on our defense who can blitz as well as Merriman, I double dog dare ya.

bigtitan53279 said:
coudn't tell you. i dont get to watch anyone on our team blitz because we don't blitz.

Well, Ill tell you, the answer is nobody. Merriman is a better pass rusher than anybody on our roster, so therers your answer. I mean, we could blitz Sirmon, Bulluck, or Kassell all day against the colts and I am sure the Peyton would never look at Dallas Clark, or Edge out of the backfield at all, yeah thats it. And I am sure the Reynaldo Hill who was an average corner in the SEC just one short year ago would have his way one on one with Harrison or Wayne, good strategy there. Damnit Jim, just blitz Sirmon, or Kassell everydown and we are probably 14-2 right?

I don't think anyone is saying that we would be 14-2 if we blitzed more. I don't think anyone is saying that we would have beaten the Colts had we blitzed. I don't think anyone would argue that our defensive personel doesn't stack up with the top defenses in the league. The issue is whether or not our defensive coordinator used a strategy that best suited our team.

Screw it, let's leave 'em out there hanging. Nothing else is working. I want the 56. Let's see a qb hit the deep pass from his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back