Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Dallas got ripped off. Lucky for them it’s only a 4th.

seriously, anyone think TN could get a 4th for Willis right now?
Any reason to think he’s not equally as good (or bad) as Lance?

I still think Dallas got ripped off. Lucky for them it’s only a 4th.

seriously, anyone think TN could get a 4th for Willis right now?
Any reason to think he’s not equally as good (or bad) as Lance?
If the Titans could get a 4th or 5th or 6th for Willis, they better take it!

Don’t understand the Lance to Dallas move at all… Boys already have a proven backup and now they will be paying 5mil to their 3rd string qb

The pick isn't too crazy...but having to pay him 5m is. Be interesting to see if 49ers pay some of that.
Doubt that! They paid handsomely enough already. Crazy that the near or actually last draft pick played so well. Tom Brady chit. Honestly doubt they care at all. QB is such a crapshoot! We got Tammy for a 4th if my memory serves me correctly. Well worth it!

Doubt that! They paid handsomely enough already. Crazy that the near or actually last draft pick played so well. Tom Brady chit. Honestly doubt they care at all. QB is such a crapshoot! We got Tammy for a 4th if my memory serves me correctly. Well worth it!
Difference there is Tannehill came here to be the starter. A 4th round pick plus 5m for an unproven QB is different.

Plus, Cooper Rush went 4-1 as the back up and is only making up to 6m on a 2 year deal. So do they keep 3 QBs, paying more for the unproven guy than the capable backup?

Difference there is Tannehill came here to be the starter. A 4th round pick plus 5m for an unproven QB is different.

Plus, Cooper Rush went 4-1 as the back up and is only making up to 6m on a 2 year deal. So do they keep 3 QBs, paying more for the unproven guy than the capable backup?
Interesting question. To your point, was Tammy brought in to be the guy? He earned that by bad play. Think most likely otherwise. Lucky us I guess. Dallas loses 1, what is next? A 4 for possible is the reason why done imo. Just like us.

Interesting question. To your point, was Tammy brought in to be the guy? He earned that by bad play. Think most likely otherwise. Lucky us I guess. Dallas loses 1, what is next? A 4 for possible is the reason why done imo. Just like us.
I think they were soured on Mariota and saw the opportunity to get a vet QB knowing he'd be a better option. Mariota played himself out of town maybe sooner than expected though.

I guess we'll see what happens with Lance, but in 2022 5m would be the 6th highest salary for a backup QB...with the highest paid making ~7m...that's veteran backups too. So that's a lot of money for a guy who has thrown 100 passes in the NFL.

And Dallas will have to decide whether to pick up his 5th yr option after this yr or he becomes a FA if Lance doesn’t agree to a long term deal.

cause the rules at QB changed... IMO most teams will keep 3 QBs going forward... I do not know the impact, if any, the third emergency game day QB spot will mean for 53 man roster

no... MM8 was the guy T17 was brought in to be there if MM8 faltered - which he did

no... MM8 was the guy T17 was brought in to be there if MM8 faltered - which he did

That's definitely how I remember it. I also remember telling my buddies during the MM era that if we had a QB of medium talent that we'd be a dangerous team. It only took 6 games into the 2019 season of watching MM overthrow RBs in the flat by 10+ yards for someone on the coaching staff to believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back