Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea the Arena league was around for 20+ years the first time. For some reason I thought it was only around for a few seasons in the 2000s.
Definitely had a couple peaks of popularity, for example some d1ckhead bagger having super success in the NFL then people realizing he had played in the AFL.

I had no idea the Arena league was around for 20+ years the first time. For some reason I thought it was only around for a few seasons in the 2000s.

The Texas Terror began playing in 1996, which is when arena football first entered my sphere of interest. They were later rechristened the ThunderBears which I always thought was stooopid.

Houston ThunderBears - Wikipedia

Additionally, Houston had at one point an INDOOR soccer team, which was AWESOME. It was soccer played on a pitch roughly the size of a basketball court. It was played in the same arena, the Summit, that the Rockets played in. I LOVED indoor soccer, I think I watched every HotShots game that was televised.

Houston Hotshots - Wikipedia

The Texas Terror began playing in 1996, which is when arena football first entered my sphere of interest. They were later rechristened the ThunderBears which I always thought was stooopid.

Houston ThunderBears - Wikipedia

Additionally, Houston had at one point an INDOOR soccer team, which was AWESOME. It was soccer played on a pitch roughly the size of a basketball court. It was played in the same arena, the Summit, that the Rockets played in. I LOVED indoor soccer, I think I watched every HotShots game that was televised.

Houston Hotshots - Wikipedia
saw an indoor soccer game when I lived in Dallas... the Sidekicks IIRC

was hilarious... the San Diego Chicken was great... again... nothing but fun

its not really... I mean I aint measured but if its larger its not by much

For the record, I'm NOT a huge soccer fan. I don't hate the sport, it's just literally not in my top... 10 sports probably. But there was something about the indoor game that just hit me. The quicker pace, the higher scoring, no idea, I was just obsessed with the Hotshots.

For the record, I'm NOT a huge soccer fan. I don't hate the sport, it's just literally not in my top... 10 sports probably. But there was something about the indoor game that just hit me. The quicker pace, the higher scoring, no idea, I was just obsessed with the Hotshots.
Soccer highlights right up there with baseball. Football 3rd imo after those two.

the ball moved around and was live off the boards... was actually entertaining to watch

When the AFL first started it developed a cult following because ESPN would show games on a tape delay at midnight. It was no Internet back then so results wouldn't be leaked. It ended giving people something to look at late night. Especially on the weekends.

This is so funny.
REPORT: Josh McDaniels got mad at Antonio Pierce for bringing up Giants win over Patriots in Super Bowl to motivate players during team meeting.

I would say the AFL peaked early 2000's because they had a primetime game on Thursdays on the old TNN network and had the weekend deal with NBC. And during that time all NBC really had sports wise was the AFL and ND football. Because they were about to lose the rights to the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back