Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an article from Senior Writer Ben Volin for the The Boston Globe, he said:

"Two sources close to the #Patriots have independently said the same thing, they believe #MikeVrabel, currently the #Titans’ coach, is the Krafts’ “home run” choice to succeed #BillBelichick."

Goes on to say they would have to trade for Vrabel the same way he traded for Belichick in 2000.

I’m sure you all know how I feel about Vrabel. I believe he’s a great head coach & HCs worth having are NOT easy to find. If a HC is worth trading for, especially by a franchise with as much success as the Patriots franchise has had, the HC they want to trade for is obviously a great HC & one worth keeping.

It would take a 2024 1st round pick at minimum for #AmyAdamsStrunk to even begin to consider it imo & I have a hard time believing she would trade Vrabel, a coach with a winning record & a COTY award already, for only 1 first round pick, even if it is a top 5 pick (which is where the Patriots are currently selecting in the upcoming draft based off their 2-6 record). This will obviously change based off every team’s final record.

I realize getting a top-5 pick in the upcoming draft would be huge. Potentially selecting either the best WR or LT prospect in the draft is extremely enticing.

So what would you do? Trade Vrabel or keep Vrabel?

What say you?

#TitanUp

"Two sources close to the #Patriots have independently said the same thing, they believe #MikeVrabel, currently the #Titans’ coach, is the Krafts’ “home run” choice to succeed #BillBelichick."

Goes on to say they would have to trade for Vrabel the same way he traded for Belichick in 2000.

I’m sure you all know how I feel about Vrabel. I believe he’s a great head coach & HCs worth having are NOT easy to find. If a HC is worth trading for, especially by a franchise with as much success as the Patriots franchise has had, the HC they want to trade for is obviously a great HC & one worth keeping.

It would take a 2024 1st round pick at minimum for #AmyAdamsStrunk to even begin to consider it imo & I have a hard time believing she would trade Vrabel, a coach with a winning record & a COTY award already, for only 1 first round pick, even if it is a top 5 pick (which is where the Patriots are currently selecting in the upcoming draft based off their 2-6 record). This will obviously change based off every team’s final record.

I realize getting a top-5 pick in the upcoming draft would be huge. Potentially selecting either the best WR or LT prospect in the draft is extremely enticing.

What say you?

#TitanUp

I mean, if vrabel wants to go to a franchise who's owner wants a hand in large decisions (trading jimmy g) much more than that of AAS --- then by all means.......

What say you?

#TitanUp
I liked Vrabel. Clearly a step up from Mularkey BUT in the same way, I think he’s reached his peak. The questionable defensive decisions he made while Houston’s HC, he made here (never has secondary in positions to succeed) and some of his personnel decisions (staff) stink. He seems to have an issue with players and their ability to determine health to collect paychecks while watching games.

all that adds up to, if a first is available for him, take it.
As mentioned, DO NOT settle for an internal hire. Since Ran just moved in, he may have a lot of pull with AAS to hire someone outside and potentially with some promise vice a tired old retread.

As mentioned, DO NOT settle for an internal hire. Since Ran just moved in, he may have a lot of pull with AAS to hire someone outside and potentially with some promise vice a tired old retread.
What I fear the most if he was to be traded to the Pats......getting on the retread coaching carousel or another really bad internal hire.

Watching Dobbs show up and ball out for Minnesota is fun. Their fans really rallying behind him too shaving their eye brows lol
I only watched the highlights... But I wouldn't say he balled out. He made some nice plays but he also made some really really bad ones. If they didn't score on that last drive, fans would be calling for his head.

I only watched the highlights... But I wouldn't say he balled out. He made some nice plays but he also made some really really bad ones. If they didn't score on that last drive, fans would be calling for his head.
For someone who literally didn't know his teammates names, hadn't taken a single snap from his center, and knew 0% of the playbook I think he balled out. But yeah he wasn't mahomes back there lol.

Just a likable guy

For someone who literally didn't know his teammates names, hadn't taken a single snap from his center, and knew 0% of the playbook I think he balled out. But yeah he wasn't mahomes back there lol.

Just a likable guy
I like Dobbs. And it's admirable what he did on short notice. Just saying, he made some really stupid decisions for a veteran QB...wether he knew anything about the team or not he should know not to throw an INT to a dlinemen while falling down etc. lol

Again, if he wouldn't have won it would be a whole different take on his performance.

I like Dobbs. And it's admirable what he did on short notice. Just saying, he made some really stupid decisions for a veteran QB...wether he knew anything about the team or not he should know not to throw an INT to a dlinemen while falling down etc. lol

Again, if he wouldn't have won it would be a whole different take on his performance.
Idk he lost to the Jags with us in more or less the same spot and I still dig him

Dobbs strikes me as the new late-stage Andy Dalton. A great backup, probably best backup in the league.

best used on a team who needs a bridge qb for a new rookie they just drafted. but he's just not quite good enough to be the starter and is expected to hand the reigns over at the appropriate time.

He played really good under the circumstances. Made some nice throws and kept escaping the pass rush on crucial downs.

Bud Dupree could've sealed the game on a 4th and long. Had Dobbs completely wrapped up and Dobbs got away and ran for a long run, extending the drive that led to the game winning TD.

Falcons fans want Art Smith gone ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back