Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
DangerMode's analysis was spot on. Once the titans established the run game, the Game slowed down for Mariotta, and the team took control of the game. Unfortunately, turnovers, penalties, and blown coverages are the stuff of blowouts, and traits of a young team. The titans could use some help in the secondary (with the return of McCourty, that could help).

But, the chief thing is to get Womack healthy and teach Mariotta to get that ball out on passing plays. He will have to take more chances with his throws, or run the WR's open by moving the pocket more(surprised they didn't do more roll outs and bootlegs yesterday to help neutralize the blitzes).

I think we have a QB, now the titans need to sure up the secondary and scheme to hide the weaknesses of a rookie QB and accentuate his strengths.

Field position was a huge issue this game. Against Tampa we were regularly starting drives near mid field, this game our average starting spot was at our 19-yard line... With major holes on the O-Line you cant score when you make them march 81-yards down field...

For us to score points we need our returners getting us in good starting field position... We cant have Sankey always taking a knee, or McCluster fair catching at our 11... Special teams hurt us bad this game.

There were two passes to Fasano, and one to Coffman I believe were very catchable. Yes, Mariota led them a bit too much, but those plays were for big yards and could have changed the game. In another thread I said the Titans wouldn't miss Delanie in this one. I have one response to that:
/slaps head and bellows D'OH! to echo throughout the universe.

There were two passes to Fasano, and one to Coffman I believe were very catchable. Yes, Mariota led them a bit too much, but those plays were for big yards and could have changed the game. In another thread I said the Titans wouldn't miss Delanie in this one. I have one response to that:
/slaps head and bellows D'OH! to echo throughout the universe.
Yup, but Walker may not have hauled those passes in either. They were solid throws but were either too far ahead or a little behind the receiver. Mariota is usually able to throw guys open so they can gain yards after the catch.

I have a saying; "if you can touch it you can catch it", but all 3 of those throws were off..

They fixed it in the second half on the D side, run wise that is. Oline was fine when it was 4 rushers. They had nooooo idea how to pick up a real blitz though.
So are you agreeing or not? I suspect we will see many, many blitzes in the coming weeks. Both lines SUCKED. Didn't fix anything in the second half. The brownies just didn't run that many plays...when they did we didn't stop them.

So are you agreeing or not? I suspect we will see many, many blitzes in the coming weeks. Both lines SUCKED. Didn't fix anything in the second half. The brownies just didn't run that many plays...when they did we didn't stop them.

A way to beat blitzes are screens but we have always been a terrible screen team

DGB has a ways to go before he can be trusted to start, he blew a few plays yesterday..
Yeah, there was that 3rd down play where DGB cut his route short and MM8 over threw him. DGB was streaking down the side line and looked like he just stopped running after 20yards. If he would have kept running it could have been a big play.

Yeah, there was that 3rd down play where DGB cut his route short and MM8 over threw him. DGB was streaking down the side line and looked like he just stopped running after 20yards. If he would have kept running it could have been a big play.
yup that was one of them

But I was glad to see him score, people thought a lot of him in the redzone, glad he's doing something right at least

Last year we couldn't beat anybody. This game we beat ourselves. We are a better team this year. How many 3 and outs did our offense do last year? Again we are a better team. We are also a very young team. There will be ups and downs. We are on the right track.

to be fair clevelands punter put some crazy hang time on his punts and gave his gunners tons of time to get downfield...couple that with mccluster seemingily running straight at guys and it made for a bad special teams day....

Wow, I knew Poutasi had a bad day, but I just saw a stat from PFT that said he surrendered 4 of our 7 sacks. That's just not going to get it done and they need to look at that and get it fixed. I wonder if Meredith would be better out there at RT and moving Poutasi to guard while Warmack is out, then moving Bell back out to RT. At least Bell has played tackle in the NFL before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back