Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the GB game right now. I know Marcus wants his game to be similar to Rodgers.

I hope one day he is able to maneuver in the pocket and buy time like he does.

At the moment he kind of just stands there and scans the field. He doesn't move or bail until the last possible second, and that's how sacks and fumbles occur.

He's a rookie though, he will learn.

Just too many stupid penalties to overcome. You can typically tell after the first drive whether or not this team is gonna win or lose. Defense still can't wrap up and tackle. Special teams was bad. Mariota was up and down but I'm still very optimistic about his future.

Ultimately the score did not even reflect just how badly we played today. We were extremely lucky to even have a chance to tie it up there at the end.

Overall a pretty brutal game to watch. Had a very "same ole Titans" vibe.

Biggest issue today was penalties.

Followed by Mariota's inaccuracy.

Then offensive line didn't do him any favors.

With all that, I believe we win this game with a healthy McCourty.

Yeah penalties was the biggest negative I took away from this game. Without the two Lewan penalties MAYBE we at least put up 3 on that first drive and it's a totally different ballgame.

I'm just beyond pissed that we are STILL playing such undisciplined football. It's very, very frustrating to watch. Getting outplayed/outcoached I can handle. Shooting ourselves in the foot over and over is a different story.

I'm not so sure McCourty could cover Benjamin down field either. Not exactly a speedster.

Yeah penalties was the biggest negative I took away from this game. Without the two Lewan penalties MAYBE we at least put up 3 on that first drive and it's a totally different ballgame.

I'm just beyond pissed that we are STILL playing such undisciplined football. It's very, very frustrating to watch. Getting outplayed/outcoached I can handle. Shooting ourselves in the foot over and over is a different story.

I knew how today was going to turn out after the Harry Douglas penalty.

Not to take anything away from the Browns, but we beat ourselves out there today

I'm not so sure McCourty could cover Benjamin down field either. Not exactly a speedster.

He ran a 4.3, either way, he isn't going to play press and not try to knock his receiver off his route. Sensabaugh was playing pretty poorly, but we should have been giving them help over the top.

I wish I could poit to mariotas second half as a positive...but all summer long it was beat in my head that if a teams down 14 then its too easy for the QB so his play doesn't matter

@Gut @Titan43 that is how it works right

We explain this to you 15 times and you still don't get it. The stats count and you can feel good Mariota showed leadership and toughness to get us back in it just as you could say the same about Mett in games last year. The DIFFERENCE is that I'm NOT saying Mariota holds this record or that record based on playing a prevent style D. There are positives to it, but I'm not anointing him anything based on stats in garbage time.....just like I don't bow to Mett's number when the vast majority of his throws are in garbage time and it's a small sample as well.

There are positives and negatives to look at, even in garbage time. But you don't get to play garbage time for most of the year and think you're Dan Marino!

Marcus has some things to clean up but as I predicted, our OL is getting him killed....just like Mett and all of our Qbs got knocked out of games due to the OL.

None of our Qbs will survive too many more games like that!

sensabaugh is still a scrub

eat a dick

I don't think the team was ready to play today. There were a couple of guys who showed signs of this or wanted to be some where else. But they ran into a motivated buzz saw in the Browns. I kind of thought we were going to see this play from Mariota last week when I predicted an ugly victory. We got it this week instead. He looked closer to Joey Harrington than he did Aaron Rodgers which we saw last week. Protection aside, he wasn't very good. Under through his recievers, through behind them, couldn't hold onto the football. Even Beckham had to leap way up just to catch the football. And just wasnt very good. The accuracy problem was one Joey had years ago. With that said, he prob isn't as good as he played last week and he isn't as poor as he played today. He needs better protection. If he can't get it, he will be ruined. Similar to David Carr.

In the end, it's a balancing act. He will be out to make a statement to you the home fans next week and expect him to play well as long as he's healthy enough to be able to do what he did last week. Where he was phenominal. I still believe in him as quarterback as much as I did on day one. But he's going to need protection. Bottom line. Are you listening line?

A trillion penalties & crap field position killed us all game. Not to mention Coty getting beat deep twice. However, as if been saying all preseason, this offensive line will be our downfall. Which really sucks after spending two early first rounders on offensive linemen.

I don't think the team was ready to play today. There were a couple of guys who showed signs of this or wanted to be some where else. But they ran into a motivated buzz saw in the Browns. I kind of thought we were going to see this play from Mariota last week when I predicted an ugly victory. We got it this week instead. He looked closer to Joey Harrington than he did Aaron Rodgers which we saw last week. Protection aside, he wasn't very good. Under through his recievers, through behind them, couldn't hold onto the football. And just wasnt very good. The accuracy problem was one Joey had years ago. With that said, he prob isn't as good as he played last week and he isn't as poor as he played today. He needs better protection. If he can't get it, he will be ruined. Similar to David Carr.

In the end, it's a balancing act. He will be out to make a statement to you the home fans next week and expect him to play well as long as he's healthy enough to be able to do what he did last week. Where he was phenominal. I still believe in him as quarterback as much as I did on day one. But he's going to need protection. Bottom line. Are you listening line?
He had some bad throws for sure. At the end of the day though he's a rookie in his 2nd ever game. And he got zero help from the rest of the offense (and defense for that matter).

I see a couple of you touching on the fumble problem. He needs to take care of the football for sure. But I seen numerous qb's this week having problems controlling it not just him.

He ran a 4.3, either way, he isn't going to play press and not try to knock his receiver off his route. Sensabaugh was playing pretty poorly, but we should have been giving them help over the top.
Yeah I agree not adding that help over the top was pretty stupid. LeBeau/Horton should know better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back