Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 was pretty real turrible as a gunner also. overran the PR every time.
stupid coaches. Why is a giant, not super quick wide receiver the gunner. Shit let hunter di that. We only have four wrs none of em should do that. Stupid. So stupid.

Think about it though, without the two blown coverages that gave Manziel two easy TD throws and the kickoff return for a TD this game is ours. Even with all of the sloppy play, mistakes and horrible Oline play.

I re-watched the 2nd half, and how the Browns defense played.... Yes, the 1st series, and half of the 2nd series, they were playing as aggressively as in the 1st half. However, 3rd series, Titans offense changed some things up, and it dictated a little of what the Browns defense was going to do..... Less out of the shotgun, and more under center ( I didn't count, but just an approximation).

To say they took their feet off the gas "as in".. just played "prevent D" would be incorrect. However, IMHO due to what the Titans were doing on offense after the 2nd series and into the 3rd, changed what we saw from the Browns. I do know during passing plays we didn't see the blitzing that we saw in the 1st half.

I re-watched the 2nd half, and how the Browns defense played.... Yes, the 1st series, and half of the 2nd series, they were playing as aggressively as in the 1st half. However, 3rd series, Titans offense changed some things up, and it dictated a little of what the Browns defense was going to do..... Less out of the shotgun, and more under center ( I didn't count, but just an approximation).

To say they took their feet off the gas "as in".. just played "prevent D" would be incorrect. However, IMHO due to what the Titans were doing on offense after the 2nd series and into the 3rd, changed what we saw from the Browns. I do know during passing plays we didn't see the blitzing that we saw in the 1st half.

You should have started a new thread with this

The word youre looking for is "organized"

I think that's the issue at the core.... To consider additional threads as being UN-organized is a problem. If the thread isn't worthy of response, it will die, and drop off the page. Otherwise, it floats to the top until played out. To sit back and just create 1 thread, just creates a long stringed thread with MANY ideas.

Now if the NFL had one facet, then fine, 1 thread. However, there are so many things to talk about in just 1 subject, 1 threaded messages tends to snuff out other ideas that are worthy of responses that will never be seen.

My 2¢

It's all about cleaning up some of the mistakes. This team isn't good enough to overcome stupid penalties, multiple turnovers and giving up big plays.

I expect this season to be a roller coaster.

Taylor "Repeat First Down" Lewan. That guy was a walking personal foul penalty last year. Now it's just a smattering of everything.

Mariota looked like a rookie, he made mistakes, but at least he rebounded a bit in the 2nd half. Whiz is still the same moron from last season. Abandons the run quick, gets his qb killed in the 1st half. Does anybody really want whiz here long term?

Were you watching the same game as me? Can't blame this loss on coaches. This game was lost because the stupid penalties the offense kept getting. Especially Harry Douglas in the 1st QTR. Those were momentum shifting drives that cost us to pretty much go 3 and out or close to it the entire 1st half. Couple that with poor special teams play we constantly gave The Browns a short field. Do anyone even realize that they only started below the 35 yard line ONCE the entire game?

I was talking to a buddy of mine and told him Travis was going to return a punt on us if we kept up the poor play and we just needed to get out of the 1st half with no more points on the board. Two series later he returned it 78 yards.

It sucks we lost this game because there are several things we could have done to win it (even with the horrible 1st half). However, it's only week 2. It's a long season. Obviously you want to win regardless, but I hope the taste of this lost lingers in the mouths of the players. At the end of the day this is will invaluable learning experience. Hopefully they pay attention to the details in what cost them to loose this game and not repeat the same mistakes. It's a lot to ask of a young team but that's all we can hope for.

As far as Mariota, I think he just had a so-so day. He will learn from this and continue to improve. He's a rookie and I think we all rather him take his lumps now! Overall he did a decent job in the face of swarming defense considering our O-Line looked like practice squad players many of our passing plays. He cleans up the fumbles and he will be okay.

Whiz showed too much confidence in his rookie QB, IMO. Too much shotgun in the first half.

The third quarter is what this offense needs to look like if you're going to keep five tight ends. Run the ball. Play-action. Easy throws.

I'd actually rather this be the case. I'd rather you force a young QB to grow over hiding him. A buddy of mine and I just had this conversation, you hide a young QB and you stunt their growth long term. That's just my opinion though. I'd rather put the ball in his hands and let him play. Barring injury or him loosing the ability to believe in himself long term we'd be better off.

27 fumbles in 41 games at Oregon for Mariota. If a RB fumbled at that rate he'd be on the bench. Can't have the guy who handles the ball every snap just putting it on the ground with the most innocuous contact possible.

Now, I do agree with this...he fumbled the ball way too much today.

Now if the NFL had one facet, then fine, 1 thread. However, there are so many things to talk about in just 1 subject, 1 threaded messages tends to snuff out other ideas that are worthy of responses that will never be seen.

My 2¢
We've been around for 15 years and, over that time, have done game day a number of ways.

Having 20 vent threads basically saying the same thing does nothing but clutter up the site.

If a point isn't responded to that's made in this thread, it usually means it wasn't worth responding to.

Don't like how we handle things? Find another forum or start your own.

I'd actually rather this be the case. I'd rather you force a young QB to grow over hiding him. A buddy of mine and I just had this conversation, you hide a young QB and you stunt their growth long term. That's just my opinion though. I'd rather put the ball in his hands and let him play. Barring injury or him loosing the ability to believe in himself long term we'd be better off.

David Carr?

Cant cover a WR forever.

It was simply a good play by their QB.

You can't cover a WR forever on complex route combinations. These were pretty much run til your shoes fall off with the QB closing his eyes throwing up prayers (Sarcasm but you get my point... lol). They absolutely should have been covered. No reason why Travis should have gotten behind them TWICE. Not too mention all the talk of staying with your guy til the end over the week. They knew this was going to happen and yet let it happen TWICE! He did the same thing last week. Yeah sorry no excuses for players playing poorly they need to be called out for F***ing up. It was a great play by Jonny though. Not going to take anything away from him, but our CBs made it WAY too easy for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back