Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like how we handle things? Find another forum or start your own.
b3f.jpg

matter of fact, forget the chatroom!

I'd actually rather this be the case. I'd rather you force a young QB to grow over hiding him. A buddy of mine and I just had this conversation, you hide a young QB and you stunt their growth long term. That's just my opinion though. I'd rather put the ball in his hands and let him play. Barring injury or him loosing the ability to believe in himself long term we'd be better off.
I don't think it's hiding him.

Poutasi shouldn't be a tackle and the rest of the line ain't all that great either. It's even harder to run from the shotgun because the angles are different. Yeah, that might be what Mariota does best, but the other 10 guys on offense don't.

As soon as we went to a more conventional offense we started having success. Not really because Mariota was playing better, but because he wasn't getting killed. The running game got better. Then play-action is more of a weapon. Suddenly the defense is a little off-balance rather than just teeing off on the QB.

Too much gun, IMO.

Bad team loses. I'm not shocked we lost this game.

We don't do well against the Browns at the best of times (lost 5 of the last 7 I think). This season is basically getting Mariota prepared and hopefully getting a freakin O-Line that can block.

Our tackling once again was horrible and our two middle linebackers were nowhere to be found. Not one guy in our front seven aside from Casey is a stud. Our Wrs are weak as well. It's going to take at least two strong drafts to build the defense, Oline, and Wrs and I don't trust Webster. However, we do have Mariota and that's where it all starts and ends!

I think that's the issue at the core.... To consider additional threads as being UN-organized is a problem. If the thread isn't worthy of response, it will die, and drop off the page. Otherwise, it floats to the top until played out. To sit back and just create 1 thread, just creates a long stringed thread with MANY ideas.

Now if the NFL had one facet, then fine, 1 thread. However, there are so many things to talk about in just 1 subject, 1 threaded messages tends to snuff out other ideas that are worthy of responses that will never be seen.

My 2¢

There are a million boards out there that are uncivilized wastelands of blithering twits that crap out a new thread every time they experience something akin to a thought.

How about we keep this place organized, huh?

We are starting a 4th round RT and our RG got injured I don't blame Potasiu or whatever his name for this lost I don't even mind the Fumble.What COST us this game was the penalties the stupid penalties that only newb teams make.

We are starting a 4th round RT and our RG got injured I don't blame Potasiu or whatever his name for this lost I don't even mind the Fumble.What COST us this game was the penalties the stupid penalties that only newb teams make.

A third of the roster has less than two years experience. What do you expect?

I understand Poutasi is young but there is no reason he should be starting.

He has looked way to overwhelmed and half the time he gets beat, he doesn't even get a hand on the defender.

I understand Poutasi is young but there is no reason he should be starting.

He has looked way to overwhelmed and half the time he gets beat, he doesn't even get a hand on the defender.
He did have a bad game. It was his first game against an aggressive pass rushing defense. He'll improve fast.

This game sucked. Oh well. I'm over it. But one thing has made this a lot easier.

First rule of Football: If you do not have a QB, you have nothing. (Ask the Texans)

Today was a bit rough, but we have ourselves a QB. This week was tough, this year may be tough, but we have a QB. That's something to be excited about. Everything else can be fixed in a year or two. There are not that many solid QB in the league and I am pretty sure we have one.

Today sucked, it really sucked, but feel better because we have ourselves a QB, finally!

I like Mariota more in this game then the last one.Our O line and WRs let him down today but he never look uncomfortable even down 3 scores and with the brows getting hits on him.

P.s Lewan wants to be our leader but he needs to play like one.Stop Talking and start playing!!!

Hey, I did my part.

The Titans won last weekend with me being out of town, and them doing so terribly this week with me home to watch, my wife and I left the house during the second quarter and upgraded our mobile phones.

Too little too late, dang it all :gaah:

Mccluster**** made a lot of us eat crow with his performance today. We need to draft eithier Ramsey,Hargreaves,or Cam Sutton next year with out 1st rounder. We need to address the secondary badly.

This game was ugly right out of the gate. I was actually impressed with how Mariota stayed resilient and didn't meltdown. He had a solid second half once he was kept somewhat upright but between our Oline and play calling in the first half its lucky he didn't get hurt.

He played through adversity and stayed composed. He needs to learn how to hold onto the ball though. An NFL QB can't put the ball on the ground that much.

Agreed. Lots of problems to correct, but my main concern is the O line. First and foremost is protecting the QB. He was hit and/or sacked nearly 20 times. The good news is that his play actually improved as the game went on. You'd expect him to be PO'd at the lack of protection and to become unraveled, but no. Nothing else really matters if you can't protect the QB. And they need to clean up the penalties. Let him throw the ball away instead of having to walk a good play back because of a stupid hold.

We can't afford to let him take another beating like the one he took today.

Plenty of blame to go around for sure about this game but the Titans have 4 straight home games coming up which is unheard of. This team has a great opportunity to put some wins together and create some cushion within the division.

Just a really ugly performance all around.

Mariota made some mistakes but I thought for the most part he was solid. Receivers really struggled with separation.. Douglas & Hunter were nowhere to be seen.. Wright was pretty weak also. DGB with the amazing TD catch, hope he can hit the field more often.

Dex had a really nice game running the ball.. Sankey was average, back to norm for him today. Hoping Andrews comes back next week and gets into the mix because the run game needs all the help it can get.

What an abomination of a performance from the OL. I don't even know how to point out (someone help me with this?) cause it seemed like everyone was bad..pressure came from multiple angles, constantly.. Just really ugly, and inexcusable.

The defensive front didn't do enough to stop the run. I thought Casey and Woods had solid games.. Morgan and Orakpo could have been better.. Much bigger problem with the ILB. I like Williamson, but Brown had a weak game.. I'm not sure this defense has the downfield hard nosed ILB that a 3-4 requires.

What can you say about the secondary? Probably the weakest link of this defense. Sensabaugh was obviously especially horrible. Looked absolutely lost on that first big TD to Benjamin.. I think Wreh-Wilson had coverage on the 2nd TD, equally as bad.. but no help from the safety? What the heck LeBeau/Horton? I fear for what TY Hilton and Andre Johnson are going to do to us next week.

Just really ugly all around man. Really hope for a bounce back effort next week in the home opener against such a big opponent/rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back