Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been weak at WR for the better part of 15 years. Remember when Justin Gage was our go to. We finally get a superstar at wr and trade him away for hardly nothing in return. I know the AJ and JRob relationship went south but we should have got more in that trade.

Gage had no business being a number 1 receiver, but he was the only one on offense that showed up after CJ went down in our playoff loss against the Ravens

true enough but IMO star wr wanted out of vrables O
Come on. He wanted to be paid. It’s that simple. We couldn’t go $5M/year more cause JRob F’ed up the cap. Stop with vilify/victim nonsense. He got paid what he’s is worth and played in the Super Bowl with another team. Scored a TD in that super bowl. Titans F’ed up. Own it and learn from it and get better. AAS fired JRobs azz because of that and other f’ed up reasons.

Come on. He wanted to be paid. It’s that simple. We couldn’t go $5M/year more cause JRob F’ed up the cap. Stop with vilify/victim nonsense. He got paid what he’s is worth and played in the Super Bowl with another team. Scored a TD in that super bowl. Titans F’ed up. Own it and learn from it and get better. AAS fired JRobs azz because of that and other f’ed up reasons.
I think a bit of both, but yes, we couldn’t pay the man.

I think it would be the height of stupidity to tie up 20+mil on a receiver in our past offense. Just money wasted.
I'll say it until I'm wrong. You can't win a Super Bowl if a WR is getting 10-15% of the salary cap. It's still a team sport. KC winning it all helps prove my point. They let a $30M WR walk out the door and didn't skip a beat.

Eagles and Dolphins had a chance with rookie deal QBs, but watch how both teams blow up after this season. Dolphins have a chance.

Yes, Mahomes is special, but think of the highest paid WRs in the last 20 years... none of them have rings. I think Kuup might be the highest paid SB winning WR, and he was only making $15m- 7.5% of the cap.

I'll say it until I'm wrong. You can't win a Super Bowl if a WR is getting 10-15% of the salary cap. It's still a team sport. KC winning it all helps prove my point. They let a $30M WR walk out the door and didn't skip a beat.

Eagles and Dolphins had a chance with rookie deal QBs, but watch how both teams blow up after this season. Dolphins have a chance.

Yes, Mahomes is special, but think of the highest paid WRs in the last 20 years... none of them have rings. I think Kuup might be the highest paid SB winning WR, and he was only making $15m- 7.5% of the cap.
Correction: Mike Evans was making $16.5 for 8.25% in 2020

That said, Tom Brady took a large pay cut to play with the Bucs. Highly unlikely Evans gets a ring otherwise. Interesting note, Antonio Brown was only getting paid $1.6M- 0.8% of the cap.

Hey @Titans2004 and fellow Titans fans,
Great thread you've started here! The WR room definitely needs some attention, and you've pointed out some intriguing options. Darius Slayton does have that speed factor we've been missing, and while he might not have the most reliable hands, his athleticism is a huge upside. Richie James also seems like a solid pick, especially if we want a versatile player who can contribute in the return game.
Any construction job starts with a good foundation, whether it's building a house or assembling a top-tier NFL team. If you're into DIY or construction, speaking of foundations, check out scrooz.com.au. They've got a massive range of fasteners, screws, and tools that are perfect for any job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I would kill to have someone like AJ brown on this squad. Imagine lucking into a Dogg like that in the second round. Couldn't be us!

Man I would kill to have someone like AJ brown on this squad. Imagine lucking into a Dogg like that in the second round. Couldn't be us!
I'll never understand why draft a player you hope to be your top WR and when he becomes that you don't pay him like such...yeah I get it we're a running team! Should have become a passing team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back