Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
and exactly nothing wrong with traditional sign stealing involving the players on the field.... always been part of the game

as much as it pains me I credit that rookie twin 2b for clowning lonnie smith rounding second in the world series... also part of the game... embarassingly enough for lonnie smith

The Yankees were caught and fined $100000 privately for using technology to steal signs in 2015-2016. It’s in the Manfred Yankee letter the Yankees actually fought in court to conceal from the public. The Red Sox did it The Dodgers did it. Players have come out and talked about how it was going on league wide. The difference is the Carlos Beltran and the Astros just ignored the new rule and did it anyway. They got caught. They got punished. I’m not excusing it. But they were not alone.

Yes, they were all sign stealing. That’s widely known. Just Not the way the Astros were, which stopped prior the the playoffs anyway, but every single team in baseball was trying to steal signs. The Astros just used cameras. They cheated. No doubt. Carlos Beltran came up with the idea with Alex Cora and the younger players followed him. No excuse. But zero evidence, and it has been investigated over and over, they did any of it in the playoffs in 2017. It stopped the night White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar actually figured it out.
I’ve been an Astro fan since Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott, Billy Doran, Glenn Davis, Billy Hatcher, Alan Ashby days off the top of my head. I finally win a championship and we cheated. Stealing signs!!!? Altuve had a Gotdamn buzzer in his uni…Lmao.

I’ve been an Astro fan since Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott, Billy Doran, Glenn Davis, Billy Hatcher, Alan Ashby days off the top of my head. I finally win a championship and we cheated. Stealing signs!!!? Altuve had a Gotdamn buzzer in his uni…Lmao.

Altuve did not have a buzzer. Altuve didn’t even participate in the trash can banging. He would step out if it happened. He was not involved. Not a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Dodgers fan. Talk about being let down during playoffs every year. It's got to the point I know they going to blow it.

The Yankees were caught and fined $100000 privately for using technology to steal signs in 2015-2016. It’s in the Manfred Yankee letter the Yankees actually fought in court to conceal from the public. The Red Sox did it The Dodgers did it. Players have come out and talked about how it was going on league wide. The difference is the Carlos Beltran and the Astros just ignored the new rule and did it anyway. They got caught. They got punished. I’m not excusing it. But they were not alone.
you have went from Everyone was doing it to some were doing something similar prior...

Can anyone provide examples of this sell off to rebuild actually working out? I'm sure it happens, but nothing comes to mind. Ran comes from the 9ers where it seems like they do the exact opposite. They've traded away a ton of picks. The Trey Lance trade was an L and you can argue so was Jimmy G.

Can anyone provide examples of this sell off to rebuild actually working out? I'm sure it happens, but nothing comes to mind. Ran comes from the 9ers where it seems like they do the exact opposite. They've traded away a ton of picks. The Trey Lance trade was an L and you can argue so was Jimmy G.
My response to that would be how much of that was Jed York and/or John Lynch?

Ok so what does Ran supposed to do ??

Sign Henry to an extention ?at 30 plus years old?

Keep Byard on such a high salary ?for a safety?

We have to keep in mind that this is not his team and that the window has closed.He clear alot of money and is looking for draft picks which is the smart team to do.

Like it or not it happens and now is our turn.

Now consider how big the L was for Jimmy G or Trey Lance and where SF sits with those Ls taking place.
They were arguably the NFC favorites coming into this season and were clearly among the top last season, the 2 seasons most affected by those 2 Ls.

I only point that out in the sense that just because a bad pick is made, the team doesn’t need torn down, they have to be good at multiple things, contracts, drafts, FA selections, development, coaching.
TN has not been good at pretty much all of those.

Ok so what does Ran supposed to do ??

Sign Henry to an extention ?at 30 plus years old?

Keep Byard on such a high salary ?for a safety?

We have to keep in mind that this is not his team and that the window has closed.He clear alot of money and is looking for draft picks which is the smart team to do.

Like it or not it happens and now is our turn.
Yes on Henry, no beef trading Byard.

no issue trading a couple top dollar players that aren’t really pulling their weight. He just can get rid of all of them.

Yes on Henry, no beef trading Byard.

no issue trading a couple top dollar players that aren’t really pulling their weight. He just can get rid of all of them.
But why !!!
Ran should not be building around Henry at this point and why should he.

Because the fans want to???because of season ticket holders???

Ran should do what's best and I know he knows that paying an RB 10m+year is not the answers going foward.

But why !!!
Ran should not be building around Henry at this point and why should he.

Because the fans want to???because of season ticket holders???

Ran should do what's best and I know he knows that paying an RB 10m+year is not the answers going foward.
Clearly about Henry in specific so this is my opinion.

henry is a franchise guy. The team doesn’t need built around him but he’s not done. He clearly still has an effect that helps QBs, note the stat improvement on THill with him on the field vs not. The 30 thing is myth even for RB or at least no more on RB than other positions.

Now add that TN has a tiny, small, miniature to nonexistent list of names that can be exclusively attributed to this franchise especially over the past 10-15 years. Henry is that guy and potentially the first start to finish Titan (not Oiler) that can reach the HoF.

too me, that’s worth keeping til he doesn’t want to play anymore or can’t because of injury. Contracts need negotiated and I’m not saying pay him anything he wants to stay, but I think there’s room to keep him around for more than just any rookie RB.

henry is a franchise guy. The team doesn’t need built around him but he’s not done. He clearly still has an effect that helps QBs, note the stat improvement on THill with him on the field vs not. The 30 thing is myth even for RB or at least no more on RB than other positions.

Now add that TN has a tiny, small, miniature to nonexistent list of names that can be exclusively attributed to this franchise especially over the past 10-15 years. Henry is that guy and potentially the first start to finish Titan (not Oiler) that can reach the HoF.

too me, that’s worth keeping til he doesn’t want to play anymore or can’t because of injury. Contracts need negotiated and I’m not saying pay him anything he wants to stay, but I think there’s room to keep him around for more than just any rookie RB.
That's fair and I wish that was the case as well but that all depends on how much will Henry demand and how much ran wants to keep the offense the same s(atleast 20+ carries)for the type of RB henry is.

To me we been hearing about Henry since the combined that means Ran wants to move on.

My response to that would be how much of that was Jed York and/or John Lynch?
I don't have the slightest idea. If you're from a system that had success following a certain strategy, seems to me like it makes sense to replicate the same strategy. Obviously there are a million different variables.

That's why I'm asking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Titans would be stupid to have a RB like DH22 with a young QB... that is clearly just insane

You're a winner now. Things are done different around here. But enjoy it and just get up to speed."

"He's a great player. He won't have no trouble to adapt."

-- A.J. Brown on Kevin Byard

what a difference it is to have real coaches instead of a bunch of yes men, butt kissers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back