Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still not understanding why you or anyone would care. Lose em all. Rebuild with draft and free agency and do it right. Winning means nothing. This team is trash.
I guess I care, first, because I am a fan of this team. Normally, when someone is a fan of a pro sports team, they become fans of the players, also.

Secondly, this isn't college football. Teams can't just sign a new group of studs at every position every year. You must retain talent to be successful. After 30 years of being a fan of this franchise, I would like to have some "all-time-great" Titans who retired as Titans to talk and reminisce about. We, as fans, have very few of those. And, before you say, "that doesn't matter", it does. Keeping players like Byard contributes to the longevity of fandom for the team and the sport.

Thirdly, I don't like watching bad football. You are arguing for bad football.

We are already set back 5 years and we will continue to be until we find a QB.
Based on what?

An AFCCG and a #1 seed showing over a 3 year period and another playoff trip in the middle doesn’t sound like a setback. Seems more like an actual effort to win a SB that fell short.

I guess I care, first, because I am a fan of this team. Normally, when someone is a fan of a pro sports team, they become fans of the players, also.

Secondly, this isn't college football. Teams can't just sign a new group of studs at every position every year. You must retain talent to be successful. After 30 years of being a fan of this franchise, I would like to have some "all-time-great" Titans who retired as Titans to talk and reminisce about. We, as fans, have very few of those. And, before you say, "that doesn't matter", it does. Keeping players like Byard contributes to the longevity of fandom for the team and the sport.

Longevity also plays into the role of keeping players and having loyalty with a player.
The more loyalty with players, the more future players will be willing to come to a franchise that has loyalty.

I hate bad football even during an “accepted” rebuild.
2013-14 were miserable. There was nothing to even talk about regarding the titans, just clowning them.

Well yeah, they were playing great. Until they weren't. Because they quit. ;)

I'm just saying that it's entirely possible that Byard reverts back to his all-pro ways in new surroundings. If he does, it's fair to question why...
I get what you're saying you just used poor examples. Let's go with Randy Moss on the Raiders before he got moved to the pats.

I get what you're saying you just used poor examples. Let's go with Randy Moss on the Raiders before he got moved to the pats.

YOU'RE A POOR EXAMPLE!

What were we discussing again? Remember when Randy Moss played for the Titans? Better yet, remember when we drafted Kevin Dyson ahead of Randy Moss? Man, those were the days...

I am at least as big a fan of this team as you. Every team is going to have bad football. I have been a fan of this team longer than you. Keeping aging expensive vets isn’t the route to success in the modern NFL. Hell, it wasnt before really. Do you think anyone remembers Earl Campbell as a Saint? Nope. Earl was an Oiler. Was Eddie George a Cowboy? No. So Byard is a Titan. It’s how he will be remembered. But it is time to move on. The Titans don’t have a QB or enough talent to win What we have WITH Byard is bad football.

It’s your opinion and you entitled to it, but it’s short sighted and ad wrong. What’s best for the Titans future is what matters. What YOU are advocating for is bad football and bad for the team. It offers for no future. The Titans thru the draft and with over $100 million in cap space can absolutely sign a bunch of studs.

This is what’s best. The run, what ever it was is O V E R. Time to move on Tuckfro42.

Longevity also plays into the role of keeping players and having loyalty with a player.
The more loyalty with players, the more future players will be willing to come to a franchise that has loyalty.

I hate bad football even during an “accepted” rebuild.
2013-14 were miserable. There was nothing to even talk about regarding the titans, just clowning them.

No one cares about loyalty. It’s a fan pipe dream. Most don’t even care about winnning, It’s about money.

We'll see but doesn't look good... Tannehill is gone after this year, his replacement? Neither Willis or Levis look ready, Henry likely done by then. Spears looks decent but the knock on him is will his knee hold up?
We desperately need to reload with new talant. This team is depleted post Jrobs blunders.

No one cares about loyalty. It’s a fan pipe dream. Most don’t even care about winnning, It’s about money.
I disagree even if loyalty for sake of team. Loyalty as in paycheck, keeping a player and his family from moving, etc.

If a team’s management is always dumping guys when their rookie contract is over, ever player knows there is no loyalty or reason to bother fighting for another contract with that team.
Same can be said for FA. They fight for a payday but if they know that there is no chance at a longevity within a city vs a team they think they can stay with for 5-10 years, I think they look for the chance a longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back