Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get what this thread is about. Someone explain. What is that screen grab from?
Isaiah Wilson’s Instagram.

Thread could be about nothing. Well find out soon.

Honestly if the presser had anything to do with Wilson I’d imagine his release would have leaked this AM

Jon Robinson: Have not spoken to Isaiah Wilkson since he was put on non-football illness list. Wasn't the guy we spent time with last year. He has to decide if he wants to do things needed to play pro football. That's on him. #Titans

Robinson said he hasn't personally spoken tackle Isaiah Wilson, the team's first-round pick in last year's NFL Draft, since the team placed him on the Reserve/Non-Football list last year, but he said he knows of others who have been in contact with him. Robinson said the Titans did a lot of homework on Wilson leading up to picking him. "He is going to have to make a determination on if he wants to do everything necessary to play pro football," Robinson said of Wilson. "And that is going to be on him. I know what the expectation level is here, and it's no different than any other player on the football team. We have a certain standard that we want players to prepare and perform at professionally, and as people, and there's a lot of work to be done there."

Jon Robinson: Have not spoken to Isaiah Wilkson since he was put on non-football illness list. Wasn't the guy we spent time with last year. He has to decide if he wants to do things needed to play pro football. That's on him. #Titans
Would like for jrob to own up and just say "yeah we missed on this pick" rather than continually saying "well it's up to him to prove he wants to be here".

Would like for jrob to own up and just say "yeah we missed on this pick" rather than continually saying "well it's up to him to prove he wants to be here".
You don’t say that until it’s a done deal he’s gone. As a first round investment, he’ll get another crack at it in camp.

What good does that do? He is dead money against the cap. Cutting him does nothing for us and creates a hole. Might as well give him a chance to prove he wants to play. He damn sure won't be motivated if the GM comes out and calls him a bust in front of the whole world. And if we are done with him, at least keep appearances up long enough to let some other team take him off out hands for a late round pick.

You don’t say that until it’s a done deal he’s gone. As a first round investment, he’ll get another crack at it in camp.
Yeah you're right, but I feel like it's verging on setting a bad precedent. I get that you can't just give up on a first rounder, but at some point enough is enough.

What good does that do? He is dead money against the cap. Cutting him does nothing for us and creates a hole. Might as well give him a chance to prove he wants to play. He damn sure won't be motivated if the GM comes out and calls him a bust in front of the whole world. And if we are done with him, at least keep appearances up long enough to let some other team take him off out hands for a late round pick.
I mean it certainly can't do anymore harm. At least it would set a standard and some level of expectation. And no one is trading anything for Wilson, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up in the CFL whenever the titans cut him loose.

Yeah you're right, but I feel like it's verging on setting a bad precedent. I get that you can't just give up on a first rounder, but at some point enough is enough.

I mean it certainly can't do anymore harm. At least it would set a standard and some level of expectation. And no one is trading anything for Wilson, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up in the CFL whenever the titans cut him loose.
I imagine his leash I’d VERY short.

Anyone find it odd JRob hasnt spoken to him in months?

Not sure on the exact structure, but hes in charge of personnel right?
Not really, I would think the position coach would be the most likely contact. I think Wilson will have to put the effort into making amends.

This...nothing else really to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back