Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, win a Superbowl first try or get the hell out of town because the fanbase hates you and you're not worthy of continuing to try. Got it.

But I'm comparing him to EVERY QB to ever play the game of football for any significant amount of time. I'm sure every one of them has had bad games and thrown 3 INTs.

First try? This is his 3rd year in the playoffs!

Like it has been pointed out, we aren't getting rid of him in the near future so fingers crossed the issues with him, the OL, WR, TE and OC get addressed

the D I hope stays in tact...would suck to lose Schwartz especially to the Colts

So, win a Superbowl first try or get the hell out of town because the fanbase hates you and you're not worthy of continuing to try. Got it.

But I'm comparing him to EVERY QB to ever play the game of football for any significant amount of time. I'm sure every one of them has had bad games and thrown 3 INTs.
Maybe I’m not understanding. Why compare to all the QBs?

We want our QB to be like the ones that don’t make that kind of mistake in the game or if they do d do not be the reason we LOST. The ONE thing RT could not do on the last drive was turn the ball over. But he did it. And he should be especially careful since he already threw two dumb picks before.

First try? This is his 3rd year in the playoffs!
Point was that you don't dump QBs when they go to the playoffs 3 years in a row. Even if they're losses. Even the best of the best have been bumped out of the playoffs 3 years in a row. That's my whole point. 3 playoff losses isn't the end of the world. It happens to even to the best.

Not comparing or even saying Tannehill is in the same tier as any of the top QBs. But he's by far the best QB the Titans have ever had and has consistently helped get the Titans to the playoffs since being here.

No, he hasn't gotten it done in the playoffs. That sucks but the first step towards a Super Bowl is getting to the playoffs in the first place. And outside of Tom Brady in the current era, how many QBs/teams consistently win playoff games and go to the Superbowl?

The NFL playoffs are a gauntlet of games that even the best don't make it through consistently... (Not named Brady)

Maybe I’m not understanding. Why compare to all the QBs?

We want our QB to be like the ones that don’t make that kind of mistake in the game or if they do d do not be the reason we LOST. The ONE thing RT could not do on the last drive was turn the ball over. But he did it. And he should be especially careful since he already threw two dumb picks before.

I'm "comparing" QBs for the fact that even the best have been in the same position as Tannehill/the Titans.

It's not as easy as "get an elite QB win Super Bowl" because even elite QBs are sitting at home watching year after year.

Yes, Tannehill played poorly and made some bad decisions. It happens every year with every QB. That's my only point. Just so happens Tannehill put the spotlight on himself by having those lousy games in playoff losses and has no Superbowls to fall back on.

With Tanny what is the end game? Get into the playoffs every year and hope he doesn't cost us a game? Hope that our defense plays at an elite level in those playoff games so the game isn't squarely of RT shoulders? At some point there will be a spot in a game we're its in Tannys hands, versus the Bengals one of those moments came up and he buckled. The Ravens playoff game we didn't have that elite D or super Henry, another moment for Tanny to show up and he failed. How long do the Titans play the game of will he won't he with Tanny? Till he's washed completely?

Point was that you don't dump QBs when they go to the playoffs 3 years in a row. Even if they're losses. Even the best of the best have been bumped out of the playoffs 3 years in a row. That's my whole point. 3 playoff losses isn't the end of the world. It happens to even to the best.

Not comparing or even saying Tannehill is in the same tier as any of the top QBs. But he's by far the best QB the Titans have ever had and has consistently helped get the Titans to the playoffs since being here.

No, he hasn't gotten it done in the playoffs. That sucks but the first step towards a Super Bowl is getting to the playoffs in the first place. And outside of Tom Brady in the current era, how many QBs/teams consistently win playoff games and go to the Superbowl?

The NFL playoffs are a gauntlet of games that even the best don't make it through consistently... (Not named Brady)

Tannehill is not better than Mc9. But even if he was the Titans don’t have a long list of great QB’s. So “best QB we’ve ever had” (although not true) is pointless if it isn’t good enough.

The goal is to win a super bowl, not outperform Kerry Collins.

With Tanny what is the end game? Get into the playoffs every year and hope he doesn't cost us a game? Hope that our defense plays at an elite level in those playoff games so the game isn't squarely of RT shoulders? At some point there will be a spot in a game we're its in Tannys hands, versus the Bengals one of those moments came up and he buckled. The Ravens playoff game we didn't have that elite D or super Henry, another moment for Tanny to show up and he failed. How long do the Titans play the game of will he won't he with Tanny? Till he's washed completely?

That's football. That's every team, every year. So yes, like every other team, you try to get to the playoffs and hope for the best whether Tannehill or Tom Brady is at QB.

Or you can keep switching QBs every year and hope they even get to the playoffs.

Tsnnehill is the guy whether we like it or not.

Remember when Vrabel was first hired and asked about having a franchise QB? And he said you don’t necessarily need one. That’s his stance on the topic.

It is now Vrabel & JRob’s job to catch lightning in a bottle. That’s the stance they want to take on it, fine. But expectations aren’t changing. I don’t know how we could be in a better position than we were this year but maybe they’ll surprise me.

That being said if Vrabel and JRob do ever get an elite QB.. watch out!

That's football. That's every team, every year. So yes, like every other team, you try to get to the playoffs and hope for the best whether Tannehill or Tom Brady is at QB.

Or you can keep switching QBs every year and hope they even get to the playoffs.

Bucs switched QB’s and won a SB.

Rams just switched QB’s and are now in the SB.

KC switched QB’s and won a SB.

I’m sure there are plenty of other examples of this as well.

The part I think you are confusing is that no one is saying an elite QB means you’ll win a SB every year. Not even close to true. Brady won 6 times in 20 years and that’s unheard of. But without and elite QB your percentage chance goes WAY down. You are at a massive disadvantage out of the gate.

Bucs switched QB’s and won a SB.

Rams just switched QB’s and are now in the SB.

KC switched QB’s and won a SB.

I’m sure there are plenty of other examples of this as well.

The part I think you are confusing is that no one is saying an elite QB means you’ll win a SB every year. Not even close to true. Brady won 6 times in 20 years and that’s unheard of. But without and elite QB your percentage chance goes WAY down. You are at a massive disadvantage out of the gate.
I'm sure there are plenty of examples of switching QBs and not making the playoffs too. Far more than switching and winning the SB. Lol

How many of those teams constantly improved for the 3 years their previous QB was with them and went to the playoffs all 3 years? They wouldn't be switching QBs if they had.

Good QBs are hard to find and having a consistent winning team year after year is hard. You don't blow up a roster 3 years into successful change.

Like it or not, Tannehill will be around for at least another year...and I wouldn't be surprised if he got to play out his contract. There's just not many options to actually upgrade at QB in the near future.

I'm "comparing" QBs for the fact that even the best have been in the same position as Tannehill/the Titans.

It's not as easy as "get an elite QB win Super Bowl" because even elite QBs are sitting at home watching year after year.

Yes, Tannehill played poorly and made some bad decisions. It happens every year with every QB. That's my only point. Just so happens Tannehill put the spotlight on himself by having those lousy games in playoff losses and has no Superbowls to fall back on.
I don’t disagree with what your saying. But you’re right- until he proves otherwise, he has earned a reputation of playing poorly in the playoffs. EVERYBODY wants him to prove he’s not- but a lot of people including myself are tired of waiting. 3 playoff losses in a row is enough for me to give up on that.

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of switching QBs and not making the playoffs too. Far more than switching and winning the SB. Lol

How many of those teams constantly improved for the 3 years their previous QB was with them and went to the playoffs all 3 years? They wouldn't be switching QBs if they had.

Good QBs are hard to find and having a consistent winning team year after year is hard. You don't blow up a roster 3 years into successful change.

Like it or not, Tannehill will be around for at least another year...and I wouldn't be surprised if he got to play out his contract. There's just not many options to actually upgrade at QB in the near future.

Rams went to a SB with Goff. KC was in the AFCCG I believe with Alex Smith.

Tannehill played well in the playoffs in 2019...even this year which was a down year for him we got the #1 seed with a depleted roster and half the year without Henry
Tannehill isn't going anywhere, the question is what Tannehill do get next year? The 2019 or 2020/21 version?

Downing still needs replaced regardless ..but he won't be, injuries will be blamed

KC did not get to the AFCCG with Alex Smith.
We did get there with Tanney and should have this year. But Tanney and Downing are a bad combo! I really think change in OC would help this team and Tanney. This was not a good fit in preseason (training camp) he was throwing to many picks in practice.

Bring in someone like Joe Brady and this could be a top 5 offense even with Tanney which it was prior to Downing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back