Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill may be good to above avg. during regular season but I think the moment gets to big for him. I know we will have a good season but come playoff time we all will be sweating it out. The team played so well that all Tannehill had to do was just don’t F*** up and that’s exactly what he did.

Bucs switched QB’s and won a SB.

Rams just switched QB’s and are now in the SB.

KC switched QB’s and won a SB.

I’m sure there are plenty of other examples of this as well.

The part I think you are confusing is that no one is saying an elite QB means you’ll win a SB every year. Not even close to true. Brady won 6 times in 20 years and that’s unheard of. But without and elite QB your percentage chance goes WAY down. You are at a massive disadvantage out of the gate.
Eagles, Nick Foles
Ravens, Trent Dilfer
Buccaneers, brad Johnson
Rams, Kurt Warner
Patriots, Tom Brady
Steelers, Ben roethlisberger
Giants, Jeff hostetler (although they didn’t stick with him afterwards)
Cowboys, Troy aikman
Redskins, Doug Williams
Broncos, Peyton Manning
Seahawks, Russell Wilson

I think this might be it. Every team that switched QBs at least the year prior, or less, to winning a SB.

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of switching QBs and not making the playoffs too. Far more than switching and winning the SB. Lol

How many of those teams constantly improved for the 3 years their previous QB was with them and went to the playoffs all 3 years? They wouldn't be switching QBs if they had.
Finding all the teams that switched QBs within a year of not winning the SB is gonna be a lot longer of a list. Can’t search that one.

I need more time, but may actually be able to find a list of teams that improved (or at least made playoffs) 3 straight years them got rid of their QB (vice retirement or injury) and didn’t win a SB. Probably a longer list too.

Tannehill may be good to above avg. during regular season but I think the moment gets to big for him. I know we will have a good season but come playoff time we all will be sweating it out. The team played so well that all Tannehill had to do was just don’t F*** up and that’s exactly what he did.
I do indeed blame that loss on Tammy, oh, and also Jack Rabbit for dropping a real gift of an interception. 2 plays to get one damn yard. I still can't believe those 2 calls there.

nope, Divisional is farthest he got (2015)

I was there when the MM8 and DH22 Titans beat the Alex Smith and Travis Kelce Chiefs. (I think that was 2017) Fans were uneasy even when they were up by 2 scores because they've watched Alex Smith just not be good enough numerous times before. And then we came back and beat them. The guys behind me were SO devastated, F U Alex Smith F U Alex Amith etc. Next year traded up to get Mahomes and Boom. Super Bowl in 2020

I don't know how anybody thinks RT17 is going to be able to beat the mental demons of doubt next year with the massive bed sh!tting he performed at Nissan. I think JRob and Vrabel are working TB12 to come to us in some role- just speculation of course. But something tells me they are working on some way to off-load RT17.

I mean, seriously- some offensive head has to roll if the organization intends to generate ANY buzz for next year. It has to at least be Downing, and even that might not be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there when the MM8 and DH22 Titans beat the Alex Smith and Travis Kelce Chiefs. (I think that was 2017) Fans were uneasy even when they were up by 2 scores because they've watched Alex Smith just not be good enough numerous times before. And then we came back and beat them. The guys behind me were SO devastated, F U Alex Smith F U Alex Amith etc. Next year traded up to get Mahomes and Boom. Super Bowl in 2020

I don't know how anybody thinks RT17 is going to be able to beat the mental demons of doubt next year with the massive bed sh!tting he performed at Nissan. I think JRob and Vrabel are working TB12 to come to us in some role- just speculation of course. But something tells me they are working on some way to off-load RT17.

I mean, seriously- some offensive head has to roll if the organization intends to generate ANY buzz for next year. It has to at least be Downing, and even that might not be enough.

I agree and if RT starts slow or has a bad game, he will bear the boo birds early. He’s gonna feel more pressure next year.

The Brady we should be going after is Joe Brady...yes Tannehill needs to be better, and he has an uphill matter... next season is certainly going to his his mettle

I hope he gives reason for optimism. Using some previous examples, there are QBs who s**t the bed in the playoffs and come back better the next round. I can only hope that should THill play better, the rest of the team is still up to the challenge too. Often around here we point out when the offense is working, the D starts imploding but while the D is playing well, the offense can’t move the ball. We just have to wait and see.

For the chiefs, we know Mahomes is something special, something no one can count on happening no matter when a team drafts. I also think those chiefs fans can pin crap on Smith all they want but should also remember Reid has a career of clock mismanagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back