Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: As WR Tyrone Calico enters the final year of his contract, he finds himself fighting for playing time. According to Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, Calico still isn't 100% from a calf injury he suffered last season. "Well, he’s working. He’s still not 100 percent over the calf injury," said Fisher. "He’s working hard and finishing most of the practices. What I hope to see from Tyrone (Calico) is that he will start to separate himself from some of the other receivers. He’s got the running ability, the hands and the play making ability to do that. He needs ample time and opportunity to do that and he has to do that." Fisher also pointed out that Calico still isn't consistent enough to be counted on. "He is still inconsistent," Fisher continues. "The more balls he catches the more consistent he will be. Consistency in practice is one thing. An issue with Ty is a consistency in games. He’s got to carry over practice to the field."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Translation: he may barely make the squad this year but unless he has over 40 receptions Bye Bye. Man- the 2003 draft class has been a REAL disappointment.

I kind of feel for the dude. Ever since the cheapshot horsecollar tackle by Roy Williams in the Dallas scrimmage a few years ago....he's pretty much sucked. I think he was going to break out that year.....

dontdraftCutler said:
I kind of feel for the dude. Ever since the cheapshot horsecollar tackle by Roy Williams in the Dallas scrimmage a few years ago....he's pretty much sucked. I think he was going to break out that year.....

He's had the drops his entire career. I don't think he makes the squad this year.

Calico's CAP numbers are not high. He would have to be beat out by Wade or Orr for the last WR spot which probally will not happen.

Read what Fisher said; "He’s got the running ability, the hands and the play making ability to do that." Calico might be the only real deep threat we have.
Hopefully he can work through the calf and start to show something.

I think it'll shake out as:

Bennett, Givens, Wade, Williams, Roby and Calico. B. Jones will start on the PUP and Orr to the practice squad. I know they talked of Thomas looking good early so the Titans could look to seven WRs as they did a few years back.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Wade plays well in the pre-season games to give him an extension to lower his cap number. This would lock up our slot guy for 2-3 yrs along with a guy that can return punts. This also woulod avoid going into the offseason with Bennett, Calico, and Wade as UFA.

I think Bennett will want too much money to sign him to an extension now. He will be looking for Givens type numbers. Their production is about equal.

Wade is our number three. He will definitely make the team. Calico will come in in certain packages, IF he gets his head together. Right now, he's practicing with the third team! That's ridiculous for a guy with his talent. He needs to step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back