Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulluckfan said:
Wade is our number three. He will definitely make the team. Calico will come in in certain packages, IF he gets his head together. Right now, he's practicing with the third team! That's ridiculous for a guy with his talent. He needs to step it up.

That sounds more real. Huge disappointment.

Riverman said:
PLEASE! Based on what?

Because of injuries Calico has been a disappointment but remember last year he was coming off two knee injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if Wade, Roby or Williams grab the 3rd spot over Calico but Calico is still our biggest and fastest WR. If he can elevate his game I like the idea of him lining up in 3 WR sets.

Soxcat said:
Because of injuries Calico has been a disappointment but remember last year he was coming off two knee injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if Wade, Roby or Williams grab the 3rd spot over Calico but Calico is still our biggest and fastest WR. If he can elevate his game I like the idea of him lining up in 3 WR sets.

I like the idea of lining Troupe up better. Remember that before, during and after Calico's injury (ies) HE HAS TROUBLE BRINGING THE BALL IN! He has lame hands and that hasn't gotten any better over the past 3 years.

I've got a Calico jersey so don't get me wrong- I'd love to see him come on strong. But after 3 disappointing years despite injury, I just don't see him as NFL material- he can't catch balls at the NFL level.

And a hamper is no place to be.

I think the experiment is over. However, Volek is a good qb for Calico. He throws a better ball. So I won't give up until after this year as I thought McNair was losing it a little, and Volek may be able to step it up a bit.

I mean no disrespect to him, but I don't think Calico has the temperament to be an NFL receiver. If he ever did have it, it went away with the knee injuries.

Okay...plain and simple, hes makes the team this year and based on his performance this season, he either gets resigned or we let him go....thats whats going to happen no doubt

Straight from today's PM practice summary in the Tennessean:

"During a seven-on-seven passing drill, rookie CB Keon Raymond took a ball away from WR Tyrone Calico in a matchup of former Middle Tennessee State players."

Sound real bad for Calico. I keep flashing back to how good he looked in the preseason just before the Roy Williams horsecollar... Calico was looking like the real deal... Whatever he had sounds like it may never come back.

Unfortunately for Calico, he has no consistency... if you've got 3rd and 7 and you have to have a first down to win the game, who would you throw it to: 1) Givens, 2)Bennett, 3) Wade, 4) Troupe, 5)Scaiffe, 6) Guenther, 7)Williams,8)Brown, 19) White, 10) Roby 11) Hall, 12) Kinney or 13)Calico...if we don't trust him to make the catch do you think he has earned Volek's trust or more importantly Fisher's ??

From what I've seen in camp practices, Orr has played well. I'm not sure that we will be able to hide him on the practice squad.

If the Titans want to keep Calico on the team, then they probably need to trade either Roby or Williams. There are several teams looking for depth at WR.

TM said:
From what I've seen in camp practices, Orr has played well. I'm not sure that we will be able to hide him on the practice squad.

If the Titans want to keep Calico on the team, then they probably need to trade either Roby or Williams. There are several teams looking for depth at WR.

From what I've heard, Orr has seriously out-played Calico. I don't think he makes the team this year.

Bad wheels + Bad hands X 2nd round pick = BUST

Let's get over it and quit wasting time.

I was shocked to read Brandon Jones is closer to making a return than originally thought. If they can't put him on the PUP, then you have seven without counting Orr.

TM said:

Isn't Calico in the last year of his contract? Unless he is shoulders above Williams or Roby I'm not sure we could get enough on the market for either of those guys to make it worth while.

the only thing that may save Calico this yr is his salary. I had such high hopes for him. He has the size and decent speed. The knee injury really took any drive out of him.

His low salary won't help him if it comes down to letting him or another WR go that they think is going to help the team more. If Jones does come back to the point they keep him on the final roster Calico might be cut because of numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back